Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

HEADLINES

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I was thinking of CAFC newspaper headlines from years ago that I still remember. Firstly 'Eddie Boosts Valley Vaults' which was in one of the Sunday papers after Firmani had scored a hat-trick in a 5-2 victory over Cardiff. Secondly 'Back to Earth at Birkenhead' which was in the Kentish Independant after we went to Tranmere on a Friday night and lost despite having been on a good run. Any more that Lifers remember ?

Comments

• Options
    'Valley of Joy' on the back of the Daily Mirror after we'd beaten Preston 3-1 to get promoted in 1975.
  • Options
    lisbies hat trick must of been some sort of headline. "lisbies three lifts valley" or "gasp?! lisbie?! scoring?! three?! bollox."
  • Options
    "Valley of the Kings, Pardew given 10 million war chest" This was in one of the red tops shortly before Zabeel pulled out
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

"Valley of the Kings, Pardew given 10 million war chest" This was in one of the red tops shortly before Zabeel pulled out

a shame, but we dodged a bullet with zabeel, and just think of all the rubbish pards wouldve bought with that money.
  • Options

lisbies hat trick must of been some sort of headline. "lisbies three lifts valley" or "gasp?! lisbie?! scoring?! three?! bollox."

Lisbie Doubles Career Goal Tally.
  • Options
    Youth Team Striker Comes From Nowhere To Net Hat-Trick
  • Options
    Still have some of the papers from the day after Wembley.
    'We've done it!' With a big picture of the celebrations with Sasa doing that jump over the signage, is the main one I remember. Could've been the Evening Standard but not 100%
  • Options
    "Fullers London pride" on the website after he had just signed was 1 I quite liked!!
  • Options

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I was thinking of CAFC newspaper headlines from years ago that I still remember. Firstly 'Eddie Boosts Valley Vaults' which was in one of the Sunday papers after Firmani had scored a hat-trick in a 5-2 victory over Cardiff. Secondly 'Back to Earth at Birkenhead' which was in the Kentish Independant after we went to Tranmere on a Friday night and lost despite having been on a good run. Any more that Lifers remember ?

Oy there is only one dick plumb