Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your thoughts on Red Division

Ok so the groups beenn going a few months now, today we got a load of abuse and accusations thrown at us on twitter by fellow addicks.

Got told we're destroying the club and that we're an embarrassment, just to highlight a few.

So I was just wondering your thoughts on the group a few months down the line.

Have we improved the atmosphere at home?

Have we improved the atmosphere away?

Is the group a good idea?

What should we add to the group to improve?

Has your first opinion on the group changed now?

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2013
    what's the twitter tag?
  • Options
    I'm all for it, but it would be nice if you sang other songs than we're the red and white army. I haven't heard the hoist the addicks flag chant since Burnley.
  • Options
    The what?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Not directly that I have seen but there was a slight improvement in the home atmosphere a few months ago, particularly at the Cardiff game

Yes I would say so

Yes - you are your own people, do what you like and trying to improve the atmosphere can only be a good thing

Bit more song variation

Not really, no
  • Options
    Keep it up buddy
  • Options

Ok so the groups beenn going a few months now, today we got a load of abuse and accusations thrown at us on twitter by fellow addicks.

Got told we're destroying the club and that we're an embarrassment, just to highlight a few.

So I was just wondering your thoughts on the group a few months down the line.

Have we improved the atmosphere at home?

Have we improved the atmosphere away?

Is the group a good idea?

What should we add to the group to improve?

Has your first opinion on the group changed now?

Just out of interest what kind of abuse and accusations have been said.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    get some mobility scooters.
  • Options
    You're not destroying the club, you're getting behind the team which is great.

Personally, I don't see why there needs to be a 'name' attributed to the group. Its probably half the reason you've found yourself getting abused by fellow supporters on Twitter because it makes you an easy target. Not to mention some police attention at Huddersfield by all accounts.

Really not a fan of copying other supporters' songs, traditions (If you don't bounce your Palace, we're the red and white army etc). For me that just neutralizes the atmosphere and the away fans' perceptions of us. We need to be a lot more unique in our identity if its going to persuade the masses to get behind what you're doing IMO.
  • Options
    hadn't really noticed the differnce tbh, but then I sit in the East and so can't hear much unless you make a lot of noise and only been away to Watford & Millwall overv the last few months.

I applaud anyone how can get the madsses singing , clapping etc but only if it is not offensive - which includes wheels on the bus and the family song, there are plenty of other songs you can sing from Red & White Army" through to " We're going to bounce in a minute"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not sure having the picture of the flare as your profile pic is a great idea considering you've gone on record saying they're nothing to do with 'you'
  • Options
    @nicholas being accused of smashing up the cars and ground apparently all us, letting off the flares was apparently us too and smashing up the toilets aswell. Being told we're ruining the club and gates will come down to 10,000 all because of us
  • Options
    WSS said:

Not sure having the picture of the flare as your profile pic is a great idea considering you've gone on record saying they're nothing to do with 'you'

Someone mentioned that earlier, I used it cos it's quite a decent picture, have it as my background on my personal twitter aswell
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    WSS said:

I was thinking the same.

And a bit rich moaning about abuse and then one of your own on twitter blaming the "Bovril and blanket brigade in the West". So it's OK for you to slag off other fans but not OK for anyone to criticise you?

Opinion not changed, good luck to you, keep enjoying it just slow the songs down and cut out the offensive ones (if they were you).

• Options

@nicholas being accused of smashing up the cars and ground apparently all us, letting off the flares was apparently us too and smashing up the toilets aswell. Being told we're ruining the club and gates will come down to 10,000 all because of us

Yeah, but I wouldn't listen to Len Glover - nobody else does.

(Love ya really Lenny!)
  • Options

gates will come down to 10,000 all because of us

Charlton fans are almost a parody of themselves!

• Options
    Still find it all rather embarassing but thats just me.

Flares and that don't really bother me, it's the name what does it. Why can't you just go as a group of mates and just stand and sing like other people do.

Improved the atmosphere, nope. that red and white army song being sung about 644 times a game is just plain annoying.
  • Options
    WSS said:

Someone mentioned that earlier, I used it cos it's quite a decent picture, have it as my background on my personal twitter aswell

WSS said:

I was thinking the same.

And a bit rich moaning about abuse and then one of your own on twitter blaming the "Bovril and blanket brigade in the West". So it's OK for you to slag off other fans but not OK for anyone to criticise you?

Opinion not changed, good luck to you, keep enjoying it just slow the songs down and cut out the offensive ones (if they were you).

I don't know the person who sent that tweet, but retweeted it as it showed that not everyone was against us as I think there was a compliment in that tweet but can't remember
  • Options
    Is the name thing any different from 'B-Mob'?
  • Options
    And I'm sure not the only one who has had to put up with non stop piss taking from mates who support other clubs either.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_it said:

(Love ya really Lenny!)
    Do you really think an old git like me knows what twitter is?
  • Options
    WSS said:

Is the name thing any different from 'B-Mob'?

Thought 'Red Division' never claimed to be a 'firm'?
  • Options
    True but it's the equivalent. A like minded group of mates deciding to do something together at football. It's just a name, they'll be judged on their actions rather than their brand I'd hope.
  • Options
    Agree with most that's been said already i.e name,red and white army etc

But I'm behind any group that looks to improve the atmosphere and am therefore on your side when/if it comes to others slagging you off, Just be wary that some people will get the wrong idea of what you're about and it's best to try and not rise to it
  • Options
    Keep it up mate. I'm 53 and lovin it. Tell them Numpty's on Twitter to shove it
  • Options
    Doing a good job but you were very unfortunate with timings , meaning you are now getting blamed for everything from flares to world famine .
    Keep up with it though mate .
  • Options
    SE10 said:

And I'm sure not the only one who has had to put up with non stop piss taking from mates who support other clubs either.

That's your problem. Why should you care what fans of other clubs think or say? Man up FFS

• Options
    LenGlover said:

Off_it said:

(Love ya really Lenny!)
    Do you really think an old git like me knows what twitter is?
    I just had a look at that accont - did my head in after about 20 seconds. Twitter just seems to be a load of people talking bollocks.

Bit like on here I guess.
  • Options
    As long as you;re not the ones that bang on the back of the covered upper the good luck to you.
  • Options
    red division should learn to bowl around like this gez...

courtesy of JT.