Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rod for your own back

edited February 2013 in General Charlton
After 2 weeks of not making substitutions at the right time that cos us 6 points another 2 points dropped because of a stupid substitution.

Why why why disrupt the formation and bring on a 5th defender and say "come on Birmingham have a go at us" ...had they had a shot on target in the entire game ?

It was unnecessary and cost us another 2 points

Comments

• Options
    Lol
  • Options
    We're not good enough to hold on to a win . Madness
  • Options
    Does Powell not get any credit for making a positive change at 0-0 (Green for Wilson)?

Accept your point about inviting pressure though.
  • Options
    Left midfield where did he go ?
  • Options
    If we hadnt made a substitution and they scored in the 94th minute you'd have criticised him for not bringing on a substitute - he cantvwin either way with some people
  • Options
    LOL is this thread a joke?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Bringing Dervite on lost two points. They scored with a miss hit shot, tapped in, Dervite was behind the centre backs with all outfield players bar Kermorgant in the box. Saying that should have scored a couple more before then. Birmingham were poor, should have put them away with ease.
  • Options
    You could've at least been funny and made the thread title "Powell, you put the handcuffs on your own wrists"
  • Options

Lol, no but your comment is. Do you know what happened at Birmingham at the start of the season ?

• Options
    I can see what Powell was doing but it did disrupt us. The team were doing well up until then . Gutted
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's got the hump like the rest of us, and is entitled to post what he likes,I can't fucking believe it.Go one nil up after 88 mins, our home form is a disgrace.
  • Options
    Choice said:

Lol, no but your comment is. Do you know what happened at Birmingham at the start of the season ?

Don't take offence mate - I think he seriously thought you were making a joke. So did I.
  • Options
    Choice said:

I do. Powell brought on a centre back with two minutes to go and they got an equaliser.

Today, he brought on a defensive midfielder to sit in front of the back four. I do not honestly believe he threw Dervite on to play centre back.
  • Options

Choice said:

I do. Powell brought on a centre back with two minutes to go and they got an equaliser.

Today, he brought on a defensive midfielder to sit in front of the back four. I do not honestly believe he threw Dervite on to play centre back.
    No logic please, it's not wanted in a thread like this. :)
  • Options
    Why waggy ?
  • Options
    The thing is thoe if powell didn't bring a sub on , then you lot would be moaning that he didn't make a sub similar to powells subs today !

He simply can't win
  • Options
    How many points have we dropped from goals in the last 15 minutes, this is getting ridiculous. Maybe dyer out and someone with some nous and experience as number 2
  • Options

How many points have we dropped from goals in the last 15 minutes, this is getting ridiculous. Maybe dyer out and someone with some nous and experience as number 2

So its Dyers fault now ?
  • Options
    Over reaction on here. You win some, you lose some in football. Ok we conceded a last minute equaliser but all in all we're doing ok. This season is all about consolidation and we're doing that. Get a grip.
  • Options

Why waggy ?

Why to so many questions over the last couple of weeks.

We played well today, we deserved to win, my 6 year old is gutted, i'm gutted.

Talk about learning lessons, we went ahead up at Birmingham in a game we deserved to win, then bring on a 5th defender and the same thing happens.

Maybe he felt he had to make the substitution cos he had messed up against Wednesday and Palace ?

The thing is we were very comfortable just like against Wednesday and the wrong decision has cost is yet more points, surely people can see that ?

• Sponsored links:

• Options

The thing is thoe if powell didn't bring a sub on , then you lot would be moaning that he didn't make a sub similar to powells subs today !

He simply can't win

There was a very good thread on here recently called "blame Powell". The point of it was that credit and criticism where it's due.

Did you want to give him credit for costing us the last 3 games ?

Do you realise that if we had got the 9 points we deserved then where we would be in the league ?
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited February 2013
    Surely people can see when a team goes 1-0 down, brings on a giant and throws everything at us, having a 6ft+ defensive minded player is better than a 5ft5 midfielder who has run his arse off for 90minutes?

This is the players' concentration, not Powell's tactics, and yes I've criticised him in recent weeks.
  • Options
    Just a shame you're never interested in the credit part....
  • Options
    I honestly don't think he has cost us the last 3 games , as someone said its a game of football you win some you lose some .

Making subs or not making subs can't garuntee you all 9 points .
  • Options
    Could it not be Powell at fault? I know that is hard for some to comprehend but maybe, just maybe, its not Powell and maybe just maybe the eleven players ON THE FECKIN PITCH should have defended a little bit better.

And twiggyAddick wins the knee jerk over reaction blame anyone without any reason award for his get rid of Dyer comment.
  • Options
    WSS said:

Surely people can see when a team goes 1-0 down, brings on a giant and throws everything at us, having a 6ft+ defensive minded player is better than a 5ft5 midfielder who has run his arse off for 90minutes?

This is the players' concentration, not Powell's tactics, and yes I've criticised him in recent weeks.

maybe, just maybe, its not Powell and maybe just maybe the eleven players ON THE FECKIN PITCH should have defended a little bit better.

comment.

this & this
  • Options

Could it not be Powell at fault? I know that is hard for some to comprehend but maybe, just maybe, its not Powell and maybe just maybe the eleven players ON THE FECKIN PITCH should have defended a little bit better.

And twiggyAddick wins the knee jerk over reaction blame anyone without any reason award for his get rid of Dyer comment.

Totally agree. Powell just cant be held accountable for the collective team cock up today. Shef Weds could be partly his fault, but not this time.
  • Options
    Ffs. How did he disrupt the formation. He brang wilson on for green. Bwp for fuller. Dervite for waggy. We still had 2 strikers on the pitch.

Call me negative but I dont think its normal to go looking for a second after we have just scored in the 88th minute. You bring subs on to shut the game out. If you was gaffer would you leave little waggy on when they have just brang on 10ft nicola.

It was just a pony goal and powell isnt the person to blame this week.
  • Options
    O Randy, unfortunately Powell is the person to blame every week.

Or every week we don't win. When we are doing well the like of Choice, scabby horse and Frontline9 seem to lose all internet access.