Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How safe are we ?

After today's game we are only six points of relegation with most of th bottom teams on good runs .

Comments

• Options
    and have hull and leicester away next up. I'd say we are in trouble.
  • Options
    Looking at the games to come, quite simply we are not anywhere near safe. And we never were.
  • Options
    We do much better away from the valley thoe !
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    The fact that we can't hang on to lead even when there is little or no time left . Does not help
  • Options
    We'll be alright. Might get a bit squeaky bum in the next week or two but we'll be fine.
  • Options
    I'd say we are in big, big trouble - two very tough away games now and shockingly bad home form - its going down to the wire and then some
  • Options
    We will be fine.

Or people can panic, whatever gets you through the week. :-)

• Options
    We played well today, so I'm not worried. We just need to stop taking the lead...
  • Options
    Uboat said:

We played well today, so I'm not worried. We just need to stop taking the lead...

This !
    Why are we scoring first ?
    FFS get Powell out !
  • Options
    Based on today, Birmingham have a lot more to be worried about. We just need to stop dropping deep when we have a lead late on
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Uboat said:

yeah playing well but not taking our chances could do with the board coming up with a bit of money to loan someone who can finish if there is anyone available ?

• Options
    edited February 2013
    We are also seven points off the play offs and now only one point behind the Spanners.

Think we will be mid table.
  • Options
    Three points off seventh as well.

Still, a bloody frustrating three weeks we've just had.
  • Options
    I don't think we're in trouble. The teams below us are in more trouble and there are 9 of them
  • Options
    Rob said:

I don't think we're in trouble. The teams below us are in more trouble and there are 9 of them

Means nothing it's all about run of form in this stage of the season , the bottom of the championship is really tight
  • Options
    Where are we in the form table over the last 6 games? I would wager in the middle somewhere.
  • Options
    We're stay up hardly a amazing feat though some people are ready to get the bunting out if we do though
  • Options
    I reckon that there's a thirty per cent chance of relegation.
  • Options
    Rob said:

Where are we in the form table over the last 6 games? I would wager in the middle somewhere.

8th if you go by last weeks
    http://www.footballformguide.net/form/npower-championship wolves are bottom Millwall 2nd bottom
  • Options
    Will people stop using logic!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Rob said:

8th if you go by last weeks
    http://www.footballformguide.net/form/npower-championship wolves are bottom Millwall 2nd bottom
    Proves my point. Some people just want it to be like last season. It aint going to happen. Get a grip. We're doing ok.
  • Options
    I'm 100% pro-Powell & glass half full but.....what worries me is the fact we have Hull away & Leicester away next, our away form is good but these are promotion chasing sides, we still have to play Middlesborough & Cardiff away as well - no way are we comfortably safe or not in trouble. Defeats at Hull & Leicester & we are in the mire, Barnsley have Wolves & Bristol City next up.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

We played well today.

We've played well the last three games.

Sometimes in football it just doesn't go for you.

• Options
    Safe enough is the answer. We were never going to go flying up the league and into the premiership, and honestly I think we're doing fantastically in terms of both on the pitch and in terms of points, in comparison to my expectations at the start of the season.

I really don't see relegation as a problem for us come the end of the season. Of course it's still mathematically possible and in football you can never rule anything out, but we are still playing well and look set for a mid-table finish.

That said, we need to learn to not switch off in games until after the final whistle. I don't know how many times we've conceded to drop points in the dying minutes of the game, but it's frankly ridiculous. Whether it's substitutions or concentration, it really needs addressing if we are ever going to be comfortable enough to stop looking over our shoulders at the relegation zone.
  • Options
    Oakster said:

Defeats at Hull & Leicester & we are in the mire, Barnsley have Wolves & Bristol City next up.

In that case, give Barnsley 6 points and then Wolves and Bristol have both lost a potential three. There are half a dozen teams in a much worse position than we are. It's not like we're in 21st, we're 15th.
  • Options
    SteveCAFC said:

Safe enough is the answer. We were never going to go flying up the league and into the premiership, and honestly I think we're doing fantastically in terms of both on the pitch and in terms of points, in comparison to my expectations at the start of the season.

I really don't see relegation as a problem for us come the end of the season. Of course it's still mathematically possible and in football you can never rule anything out, but we are still playing well and look set for a mid-table finish.

That said, we need to learn to not switch off in games until after the final whistle. I don't know how many times we've conceded to drop points in the dying minutes of the game, but it's frankly ridiculous. Whether it's substitutions or concentration, it really needs addressing if we are ever going to be comfortable enough to stop looking over our shoulders at the relegation zone.

Spot on
  • Options
    Oakster said:

I'm 100% pro-Powell & glass half full but.....what worries me is the fact we have Hull away & Leicester away next, our away form is good but these are promotion chasing sides, we still have to play Middlesborough & Cardiff away as well - no way are we comfortably safe or not in trouble. Defeats at Hull & Leicester & we are in the mire, Barnsley have Wolves & Bristol City next up.

Watford are looking really strong to but we got the 3 points, this season is a little crazy and i would not be that surprised to see us get 4/6 points from the next 2 games.
  • Options

Oakster said:

Defeats at Hull & Leicester & we are in the mire, Barnsley have Wolves & Bristol City next up.

In that case, give Barnsley 6 points and then Wolves and Bristol have both lost a potential three. There are half a dozen teams in a much worse position than we are. It's not like we're in 21st, we're 15th.
    As you said on the Pardew thread Callum, Newcastle are not safe..we are in the same boat. It's all reminiscent of the we're still 5th thread from a few years ago. A 6 point cushion with 15 games to go is nothing at all.

• Options

Oakster said:

Watford are looking really strong to but we got the 3 points, this season is a little crazy and i would not be that surprised to see us get 4/6 points from the next 2 games.
    Yep - that would be typical Charlton :)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Fair enough Oakster and I know we're by no means out of the woods but 15 points from the last 15 games will see us safe (if it doesn't, it's a freak season). We've had a bad three games but our form will pick up at some point, it's been that kind of season if you look at our results.

Powell is a good man manager and the team's worth ethic is five times that of the team a few years ago. That'll be enough to see us safe IMO. And that's not to say that we won't need to work hard, because we will have to work hard but this squad is full of hard workers.