Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

charlton v Birmingham - Post Match Views

Aaaargh, so frustrating.

Post views here

Comments

• Options
    One of a very few games this season where we totally dominated. Birmingham are a terrible, terrible team with horrible players and we only gave them a sniff because we soiled our underpants at the thought of having to see out stoppage-time. I thought we were excellent, and Birmingham would be in the bottom three without their goalkeeper. As a very minor point, I was surprised Pritchard wasn't brought on to see out the end instead of BWP, but I think Powell got it mostly right today. Solly and Fuller were immense.
  • Options
    This team really really really are so FRUSTRATING. Birmingham were so god damn impotent it was embarrassing that we couldn't put them away. Its damn hard visitingThe Valley these days.
  • Options
    Every game is the same. Why cant we hold on to a lead
  • Options
    Is the coaching staff not aware of the 'Row Z' tactic? No one ever scored a goal from Row Z. If you're winning and there are 2 minutes on the clock, just hoof the ball into Row Z, preferably in their half. Other than Green, stupid substitutions again, timing-wise. Then drop deep and invite pressure. F**k it.
  • Options
    That Butland is going to be some GK.
  • Options
    Powell didn't do much wrong substitutions wise. Dervite to add steel in defence and BWP to drive the ball forward. The team bottle it and camped in our penalty area. There is a complete lack of winning mentality with the exception of Kermorgant.

For 88 minutes we were mostly brilliant, with Kermorgant, Fuller, Wagstaff and Stephens all with a shout for MOTM. But it doesn't matter when you don't have the mentality to see it through. If the game had gone on five minutes longer we would have lost 2-1.
  • Options
    Gutted.
    We'd be in play offs now if we had seen out our last 3 games.
  • Options
    Parts of the pitch are beginning to resemble something from the 1970's.
  • Options
    My CB was right for once.
    Typically we come up against teams showing some form.
    Birmingham City, last 8 games - 3 wins, 3 draws and only 2 loses.
    A frustrating 1-1 draw.
    CP shouldn't have changed things. LOL
  • Options
    Poxy result for us. Why the hell do we have resort to defending so deep when we are playing teams that are almost completly non existant up front? I dont think there was any one in the ground that knew what would happen when we started defending on the edge of our 6 yard box.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Butland is an outstanding prospect and he kept Brum in it undoubtedly. We played excellent football at times and Fuller was brilliant. Kerm was determined and was at such a loss after the final whistle today. He will run through brick walls for this team. Dale was tackling well and him and JJ ran the midfield. I think it's a psychological weakness we have at the moment but we at least have stopped the rot. Could have been 3-1 today and I think we will avoid relegation. That's my optimism hopefully balancing out the onslaught of negativity about to hit this forum!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Pitch resembles a slag heap and is quite frankly shameful.

Worked hard for 84 mins to get that goal. As soon as Brum kicked off after we got it, we retreated to our 18 yard line and invited pressure. For me that's the manager and coaching staffs fault.

Absolutely sick of watching us descend into jelly legged panic when we are put under pressure at the end of matches.

Brum were shocking and if ever a team came for a point it was them. However, another 5mins and we'd have lost.

8 points burnt in 3 games and I have no faith that we'll get anything from the next 2. Lose them both and make no mistake we are in the shit big time. If we lose them both and those below narrow the gap I can see TJ pulling the trigger.
  • Options
    Very frustrating but very annoying as well. Overall a good performance but for the 3rd week in a row we have thrown the points down the drain. We should now have 47 points and have one eye on the play-offs, instead we have 40 and with teams below us continuing to pick up poonts and with tough games to come are facing a relegation battle. Surely if cp has learnt anything over the last few weeks it is that you don't sit back when you take the lead but we did it again and surprise surprise paid the price. Just 4 wins from 16 home games is dreadful.
  • Options
    Get Andy Hughes out of the commentary box - AND INTO OUR PENALTY BOX !
  • Options

Get Andy Hughes out of the commentary box - AND INTO OUR PENALTY BOX !

Emma on the wing supplying the crosses....

• Options
    what is more annoying is the fact that if we had won our last 3 games in which we have been ahead we would be 6th and only 1 point behind palace. instead we are 15th only 6 points off the relegation zone. im not liking the look of the rest of this month either, Hull, Leicester and Nottingham Forrest :/
  • Options
    Sometimes there is no justice, we fully deserved 3 points today completely outplayed birmingham in all areas.
    Some excellent performances, but one bad clearance and a lapse of concentration and its 1-1
    Thought we lost shape with the late subs.
    But no panic........yet:-)
  • Options
    Frustrating is the word! People behind me suggesting CP should not have made subs made me laugh - you can't have it both ways.

I hate D'Urso - on top of all the other reasons, BWP had just come on and the winker decides to hand him a yellow - harsh to say the least. Having said that, Bradley spent almost the entire time he was on the pitch offside.

It felt like a loss, but a lot of us would have taken a draw before the game started and we are one point nearer to safety.
  • Options
    got to keep things in perspective , we played really well. but unless we can kill games off this will continue to happen. we froze once we scored and sat back just hoping we could see it out. we wont get many better chances for 3 points at against such a poor side .hope the players dont let this get to them as i feel we can get a result at hull.
  • Options
    88 minutes on top ...score and change our tactics completely kicking the ball anywhere ...after playing to feet all game and dominating (albeit with only one goal to show for it), the team panicked.

Should have killed the game off early ...so so frustrating.

Their fans were silent until the end which shows how much possession was in our favour.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Devastated but like most of our fans I fully expected them to equalise given our lack of character at the end of games.
    Threw it away today.......
  • Options
    A decent performance but having worked so hard to carve out a lead with two minutes of normal time to go, why on earth did we proceed to camp on our 18 yard line for the remaining 6 minutes or so ? The team appear to have been mentally scarred by having conceded so many late goals in the last few minutes ( is it 7 now ? ). They need to snap out of it - and fast.

The inability to see games out is alarming. Bringing Dervite on for Waggy wasn't a smart play either, as we lost our shape and the general message it sent to everyone, both on the park and in the stadium, was that the last 5 or 6 minutes were going to be spent with Birmingham incessantly pumping the ball into our box. Morrison and Cort were coping admirably, so why did we go so timidly into our shell ?
  • Options
    Our best line of defence is attack, or at least keep hold of ball because its a lot harder for the opposition to score if we've got the f##king ball.....simples!!!
  • Options
    With a win we can 7th play off chances?
  • Options
    Think Zigic must have frightened the defence.

Enjoyable game. Nice to see less hoof ball.

Thought Elliot had a decent game for them. They had some good players, if not a team.

Liked the Bradford flag hanging in the away end!
  • Options
    Does anybody know why the official team sheet did not have a subtitute gaolkeeper on our list?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    chilham said:

Is the coaching staff not aware of the 'Row Z' tactic? No one ever scored a goal from Row Z. If you're winning and there are 2 minutes on the clock, just hoof the ball into Row Z, preferably in their half. Other than Green, stupid substitutions again, timing-wise. Then drop deep and invite pressure. F**k it.

I dont think the coaching staff tell Danny Green to pass across his own area in the 93rd min

We need to score more goals. Win today would have taken us 11th, above Millwall
  • Options
    Much much better football played than against Wednesday, some really good chances created but not taken, Fuller was excellent and Yann is a beast, he never gave up. I think we were unlucky frankly, we should have taken our chances but only one team ever really deserved anything out of that game, and it was us.
  • Options
    I enjoyed the game and even felt quite relaxed watching us dominate. Then we scored and the fun ended. We need to be two up going into injury time.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

Much much better football played than against Wednesday, some really good chances created but not taken, Fuller was excellent and Yann is a beast, he never gave up. I think we were unlucky frankly, we should have taken our chances but only one team ever really deserved anything out of that game, and it was us.

I don't think it comes down to luck this has happened so many times this season that it can't come down to just being unlucky.