Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Butland is a good keeper

Was impressed. Stoke have got a good player there.

Comments

• Options
    Yup, very impressive
  • Options
    Absolute bargain as well!
  • Options
    I thought his distribution wasn't great and, for a big bloke, he struggled to assert himself when the ball was played into the box.
  • Options
    Very impressed with him. He has a big future!
  • Options
    Made some good saves, great reflexes and came for the ball quite strongly, albeit sometimes when he didn't need to or was never going to succeed. Some wayward passing as well. Will be very good indeed, at the moment he is a decent Champ keeper and no better in my opinion.
  • Options
    If you watched Butland today. You probably just watched one of the best young English goalies for many years. He was immense and kept those lucky, lucky Bluenoses in the game.
  • Options
    Can't kick a ball.
  • Options
    He's no Joe Hart on that showing. Hamer can look at him and think "I've got a chance".

I think the most solid display by an opposition keeper this season, who is also English, was Smithies of Huddersfield

• Options
    Best 19 year old GK I have ever seen.
  • Options
    As far as I counted he made two miss kicks today, yet also cleared under pressure with both left and right peg really well. I thought he was fantastic today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Absolute class, made 3 outstanding saves and got them a point, He was helped by our disastrous finishing but the ones that we did manage to get on target he dealt with superbly.

Great future prospect.
  • Options
    Quality keeper for that age, mature as well, as shown by refusing a move to Chelsea because he wants 1st team football
  • Options

He's no Joe Hart on that showing. Hamer can look at him and think "I've got a chance".

I think the most solid display by an opposition keeper this season, who is also English, was Smithies of Huddersfield

He's 19. He'll be quality.
  • Options
    Very impressive. He has real presence and made a few very good saves (especially from Waggy ).

Stoke have a pretty good pedigree for goalies - particularly back in the days when we had a lot of very good English ones. Looks like a shrewd signing by old Tony Pullis
  • Options
    He looks awesome. Saved them a point.
  • Options
    Kept them in it, no mistake.
  • Options
    Class act. Big fella as well.
  • Options

He's 19. He'll be quality.
    I suppose a keeper's peak years are probably late 20s / early 30s, so Butland has a lot of career ahead of him. He turned down the chance to sit on the bench at Chelsea, so seems to have the right sort of attitude. Good luck to him
  • Options
    He seemed a lot better than he showed first game of the season , I thought he was the stand out player on the pitch today by far
  • Options
    He will keep Birmingham up this season. Excellent young keeper.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looked very good. Only concern was his distribution under pressure but i'm sure that will improve with time.
  • Options
    Excellent display yesterday. Can only get better with age. Distribution and kicking to be improved upon with good coaches, has all the other stuff you need to be a quality keeper.
  • Options

Joe harts had a poor couple of months would not be surprised to see but land as England's no.1 in a few years
  • Options

I thought his distribution wasn't great and, for a big bloke, he struggled to assert himself when the ball was played into the box.

Kicking wasn't great but I thought he asserted himself really well with very solid handling

• Options
    Best keeper in this division by far. He saved them & I'm confident he will be an England keeper for many many years to come.
  • Options
    Had a good game. I don't agree with players getting called up so quickly though just to 'blood them in'. They should be made to work for a few years, prove themselves at a strong level before being considered. That way there might be a bit more pride put into getting an England cap.

These days they get given out like bloody rolos.
  • Options
    Played very well yesterday and he's made a few top saves this season from what highlights I've seen. Kicking from back passes was always going to be a challenge yesterday on that pitch, but would agree that he didn't look too convincing under a couple of crosses yesterday and that may well be the one slight flaw at this stage. Hmm, kicking and crosses - touch of the Deano's? Definitely will be a quality keeper.
  • Options
    Thought he had a great game, was very impressed