Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Made my day

Just seen the bloke who directs the traffic from the slip rd by the blackwall tunnel

Used to love it when he was Down by the lights but to see his smiley swede has made my day

Do folks remember him

Any other charceters that used to be about

There was the black tramp Joshua I think he was called

Then you had sarge

Cat weasel

All were about In the 80s early 90s In Woolwich

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2013
    The black tramp Joshua, you say, lost his family in a house fire (so I heard).
  • Options
    do you remember the big ginger tramp with dreadlocks that used to knock round woolwich for years.
  • Options
    There was a tramp used to hang around in Leadenhall Market years ago and sing loudly and badly, including a Seasonal Medley at Christmas! Not seen him for donkeys years.

We exported a tramp to Folkestone once. Got him a train ticket and some beers, got him on a train and sodded off. Wonder what happened to him?
  • Options
    jayblock said:

do you remember the big ginger tramp with dreadlocks that used to knock round woolwich for years.

Mick Hucknall?
  • Options
    Yeah I remember him
  • Options
    Wonder whatever come of them all

We used to make cat weasel chase us when we about 9 or 10

I heard that about joshua as well

I remember the ginger bloke by the tunnel from when i was 17 and driving for the first time was a period where he was not there for ages glad he is ok
  • Options
    I know sarge had family that he used to go back to at xmas and get cleaned up and fed
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    kind of reminds me of the screaming black bloke up lompit hill, lewisham. He lives in that colourful house on the corner opposite sandrock road. Every evening he would come out and shout at the world. people used to take pictures of him and the house. sad i guess him being that way, but he always made me smile when i heard him.
  • Options

Just seen the bloke who directs the traffic from the slip rd by the blackwall tunnel

Used to love it when he was Down by the lights but to see his smiley swede has made my day

Do folks remember him

Then you had sarge

Cat weasel

If you mean the big ginger lad on the north side of the tunnel then I always give him a few beeps on the horn as I pass , Mrs thinks I'm mad.
  • Options
    Is the shouty dread fella still around in Charlton by the station?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes he's still going strong. Gives you a fright when you're on the train quietly and suddenly rocks up in your carriage. Harmless tho.
  • Options
    Mad Rose. Used to live in Carrington House next to my secondary school in Deptford.
  • Options
    The bloke in the pinstripes and Bowler Hat in the City who used to preach about how we were all sinners! Haven't seen him for years.
  • Options
    there was the black fella who used to wear safari suits including pith helment and army uniforms in charlton, and wesil who lived in the flats on victoria way, we used to always play knock down ginger on his door, feel bad about it now im grown up.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

The bloke in the pinstripes and Bowler Hat in the City who used to preach about how we were all sinners! Haven't seen him for years.

I asked him the time after a liquid lunch once..."time you were saved young man" was his reply. Cracked me up.
  • Options

there was the black fella who used to wear safari suits including pith helment and army uniforms in charlton, and wesil who lived in the flats on victoria way, we used to always play knock down ginger on his door, feel bad about it now im grown up.

Relax mate, you're not grown up, trust me.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

He was a former Reuters employee who lost the plot after being sacked. Used to spend most of time outside their offices in Fleet Street cursing them and threatening vengeance of the Lord. Had been doing it for many years although I haven't seen him for a few years (don't go there often now).

• Options
    Curb_It said:

Yes he's still going strong. Gives you a fright when you're on the train quietly and suddenly rocks up in your carriage. Harmless tho.

He is harmless although he doesn't look it or sound it! There is another one now at the foot of Floyd Road. Sits on the stairs up to the front door and abuses passers-by as he downs his extra strength lager sitting on his not inconsiderable arse.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Fitzy from catford an amazing character even on YouTube as fitzylcatford someone put him the link up of him . He's southpaw stance is amazing
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Do folks remember him

Then you had sarge

Cat weasel

If you mean the big ginger lad on the north side of the tunnel then I always give him a few beeps on the horn as I pass , Mrs thinks I'm mad.

That's him mate waving you through and telling you to stop when the lights go red

I always beep him and give him a wave his smile is infectious really cheers me up
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

kind of reminds me of the screaming black bloke up lompit hill, lewisham. He lives in that colourful house on the corner opposite sandrock road. Every evening he would come out and shout at the world. people used to take pictures of him and the house. sad i guess him being that way, but he always made me smile when i heard him.

How old - in his 60s? We used to call the house "Pinky's Palace" because the family's surname was Pink. I went to primary school with one of the kids.
  • Options

buckshee said:

Do folks remember him

Then you had sarge

Cat weasel

That's him mate waving you through and telling you to stop when the lights go red

I always beep him and give him a wave his smile is infectious really cheers me up
    He must have been there since he was a kid. I'm sure I've seen him there for best part of 20 years now? As you say, always makes me smile.
  • Options
    I turn 38 tomorrow and he has been there since I first drove at 17 mate over 20 yrs now
  • Options
    aliwibble said:

How old - in his 60s? We used to call the house "Pinky's Palace" because the family's surname was Pink. I went to primary school with one of the kids.
    hard to tell. he comes out at night. could be in his 60s.
  • Options
    i always wonder when hes not at the tunnel does he 'direct traffic' anywhere else, he might have a few 'rounds' as it were... city airport maybe?

always give the fella a toot!
  • Options
    Bet he gets it n all
  • Options
    nolly said:

Fitzy from catford an amazing character even on YouTube as fitzylcatford someone put him the link up of him . He's southpaw stance is amazing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaQkHmqKJ7s