Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Root

2»

Comments

• Options

At this moment in time, I agree with Ormiston's team. How much cricket has Tremlett been playing recently and what are his bowling averages like?

he hasn't
    Supposed to start playing again in April, apparently they are prepared to let him get fit this Summer so he can play Down Under in the return series.

He was superb in the last series down here and my son idolises him!
  • Options
    yer he was great in oz. I would have him in the team but obviously needs to get fit first.
  • Options
    A friend of mine saw Tremlett in his local gym last week. According to Tremlett he is 100% fit but Surrey don't agree. He is very frustrated.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

A friend of mine saw Tremlett in his local gym last week. According to Tremlett he is 100% fit but Surrey don't agree. He is very frustrated.

Talking about Surrey I see that they have signed Ricky Ponting for June and July - as they say "money talks".

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Broad's bowling invariably makes me quite angry. When he was younger he used to bowl far too much short pitched stuff & got clobbered. I thought he'd finally learnt & in recent years, bowled a much better length.
    Recently, he seems to have reverted to bowling too short again & getting smashed all around the ground.
    I feel that the English commentators, rarely comment on this, so I was pleasantly surprised when the NZ commentator ( Ian Smith) remarked that Broad was bowling far too short & he questioned whether Broad was trying to bully the batsman. At last I thought ............

Only my opinion, does anyone agree ?
  • Options
    I've never been fully convinced by his bowling. Of course he has produced some remarkable spells, figure wise, but as Test bowler I have never believed he is the real deal. However with the right coaching, captaincy, fitness and attitude he can still be a very effective 3rd seamer and very useful late order bat.
  • Options

Broad's bowling invariably makes me quite angry. When he was younger he used to bowl far too much short pitched stuff & got clobbered. I thought he'd finally learnt & in recent years, bowled a much better length.
    Recently, he seems to have reverted to bowling too short again & getting smashed all around the ground.
    I feel that the English commentators, rarely comment on this, so I was pleasantly surprised when the NZ commentator remarked that Broad was bowling far too short & he questioned whether Broad was trying to bully the batsman. At last I thought ............

Yep, bowls with his bollocks and not his brain far too much.
  • Options
    Phew, thought I was going to get mullered :-)
  • Options
    I like Broad but too often he doesn't deliver. Can understand batsmen getting the chance to play themselves into form but bowlers?
  • Options
    This issue came up a few years ago. Broad said in an interview that his job was to be the "enforcer", to intimidate batsmen, hence the short bowling. Andy Flower came out an opening contradicted him, and for a while he was bowling proper lines and length. Could it be Flower's step away from the non-test sides has coincided with Broad once again taking it upon himself to bowl too short?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I feel that the English commentators, rarely comment on this, so I was pleasantly surprised when the NZ commentator remarked that Broad was bowling far too short & he questioned whether Broad was trying to bully the batsman. At last I thought ............

Totally agree, think he's a stroppy cnut too - cant be great for team morale to have a moaning tossa like him onboard.
  • Options
    Probably find that Oz will play with 4 quicks - Siddle,Starc,Hilf (because he's supposedly 'good' in English conditions), and Pattinson - will leave a much weaker tail than England, even without Broad.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Aussies have got a good pool of bowlers to choose from these days. Nowhere near as high quality as the attack of old but the likes of Starc, Pattinson and Cummins are bright talents, added to the 'old guard' of Siddle, Hilfenhaus, Johnson and Harris.

I think they even called up some pace bowler called Jackson Bird a while ago. What a name that is.
  • Options
    Cummins is out with a stress fracture of back, might be ready for Ashes, but seems unlikely.
    Of course, Johnson, i forgot about him.

Their best spin bowler is Xavier (pie chucker) Doherty (about the only left arm spinner that KP takes apart at will) - maybe i should mention his name on the Pukka Pie thread ?!
  • Options
    The Aussies are always at their most dangerous when people write them off.

Young, relatively unknown players without fear just might spring a surprise.
  • Options

This issue came up a few years ago. Broad said in an interview that his job was to be the "enforcer", to intimidate batsmen, hence the short bowling. Andy Flower came out an opening contradicted him, and for a while he was bowling proper lines and length. Could it be Flower's step away from the non-test sides has coincided with Broad once again taking it upon himself to bowl too short?

Very interesting & makes sense.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

The Aussies are always at their most dangerous when people write them off.

Young, relatively unknown players without fear just might spring a surprise.

Not this year Len.

Johnson, let's just hope he plays. He turns into a total wreck as soon as he steps onto the field V England. The Barmy Army have seen to him and will again.

"He bowls to the left, he bowls to the righhhhhhhhht........"

You all know the tune.
  • Options
    Aus Test team playing India today is...
    Cowan,Warner,Hughes,Watson,Clarke,Wade,Henriques,Starc,Siddle,Pattinson,Lyon