Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Whats Going on At Millwall?

Comments

• http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/10240135.Posh_defeat_was_cowardly_and_pathetic/

Bunny's not a happy, well, bunny

And of course we get our weekly mention.
  • "MILLWALL columnist MATT LITTLE is starting to lose patience with his side’s alarming habit in recent years of suffering heavy home defeats at the once fortress Den"

Has it been 'fortress Den' at any time in the past 10-15 years?
  • Peterborough are a bit like us, a bit of a disaster @ home, master blasters away. They have done a few good sides this season, only not quite as many as us.
    Millwall are having to sell to survive. They will avoid serious trouble this term. Next season will see them struggle
  • shirty5 said:

BEFORE WOOD: W2 D0 L3
    WITH WOOD: W8 D7 L4
    AFTER WOOD: W1 D1 L6

Wow, good stats. So only 10 points without Wood playing. :-)

=DEADWOOD

• Don't think wood leaving means you concede 5 goals no matter what spin you put on it.
  • "MILLWALL columnist MATT LITTLE is starting to lose patience with his side’s alarming habit in recent years of suffering heavy home defeats at the once fortress Den"

Has it been 'fortress Den' at any time in the past 10-15 years?

no
  • The year they won the play off they only lost 2 at home that season I believe
  • league one doesn't count if you're talking about championship form.
  • They'll still do us on the 16th.
  • edited February 2013

Peterborough are a bit like us, a bit of a disaster @ home, master blasters away. They have done a few good sides this season, only not quite as many as us.
    Millwall are having to sell to survive. They will avoid serious trouble this term. Next season will see them struggle

Don't really agree with that. They've lost 9 away. Only Bristol C 12 & Wolves & Middelsboro 10 have lost more.
    Although I take your point that they won at Cardiff & Hull.
  • Sponsored links:

• Unbeaten at home in 4 different divisions? Is that right? Surely they haven't been in the conference or gone unbeated in the top flight? SLL please justify.
  • Peterborough are a bit like us, a bit of a disaster @ home, master blasters away. They have done a few good sides this season, only not quite as many as us.

Don't really agree with that. They've lost 9 away. Only Bristol C 12 & Wolves & Middelsboro 10 have lost more.
    Although I take your point that they won at Cardiff & Hull.
    perhaps not 'master blasters' but 16 of their 33 points have been won away
  • No Danny Shittu last night. A big miss for them.
    Signing Hulse was a help, but I'm enjoying the decline.
  • Why no Shittu? Where did Henderson go?

Henderson went shopping.

• Just noticed on his Wiki page that he went to Forest = so, could be at the Valley on saturday ? Also note he got done for GBH in 2012 !

Shittu injured, Henderson left on a free to Forest

• Unbeaten at home in 4 different divisions? Is that right? Surely they haven't been in the conference or gone unbeated in the top flight? SLL please justify.

Justify or clarify?
  • SLL - you seem like a normal bloke (yes despite your choice in club) who doesn't react much to some of the digs on here, but what's your honest thoughts on the stuff Matt Little comes out with?

Justify or clarify?
    Clarify.
  • Sponsored links:

• SLL - you seem like a normal bloke (yes despite your choice in club) who doesn't react much to some of the digs on here, but what's your honest thoughts on the stuff Matt Little comes out with?

The column is spoken more of on here than anywhere else I think. I've only read one from memory so can't really comment. With the topics it generates on here I guess it's written half tongue in cheek with the aim of making a few non-Millwall readers go red in the face.

The column is spoken more of on here than anywhere else I think. I've only read one from memory so can't really comment. With the topics it generates on here I guess it's written half tongue in cheek with the aim of making a few non-Millwall readers go red in the face.

We speak about it a lot as Bunny writes it. We all miss him really!!
  • 2 weeks ago:

In fact, I'm almost surprised that we aren't mentioned in the Oxford English Dictionary as a by-word for everything that is wrong with football.

However, among the football community at least, we do have one virtue held in high regard - our fiercely partisan home crowd and the proud home record which goes hand and hand with it.

This week:

MILLWALL blogger MATT LITTLE voted with his feet and stayed away from last night’s Wolves defeat, one he rightly predicted as being pretty much inevitable with the Lions’ poor home form in night games.

I DIDN’T bother going last night - and it was nothing to do with watching that complete sham of the ‘match of the century’ either.

No, it was because under Kenny Jackett, home games, especially night time ones, have become a death march.

They fill me with dread.
  • They will still beat Blackburn to get to Wembley (again) and beat us, so wouldnt feel too sorry for them.
  • I notice has has yet another dig at us this week.
  • Too bad they sneaked that win at Boro otherwise the 40-1 a few of us got with PP on them going down would be starting to look very juicy...
  • MrOneLung said:

They will still beat Blackburn to get to Wembley (again) and beat us, so wouldnt feel too sorry for them.

All 3,000 of em chanting wembley wembley to us whilst proceeding to look like Brazil and 3 up great

• James Henry out for the season for them.
  • I hope they do get to Wembley. Hopefully it will take their concentration away from the league and they'll continue to struggle.

A semi final defeat and relegation will do very nicely.
  • James Henry out for the season for them.

Big miss...shame!