Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Things I have to put up with because of Charlton Life

So I nip down to the post office to post Brighton Addick, DRF and Neil Heaney their prizes from the latest auction but when I return to the car I've been given a parking ticket. This is despite having a valid ticket on display.

Just as I'm getting back in the car a guy calls me from the aircraft model shop across the road. he tells me this happens all the time as the sign that says "permit holders only" is in the wrong place and has also been defaced. He gives me a copy of a letter a previous victim received from Bromley Council waving the fine on these grounds.

So now I have to write to the council and hope they see sense.

So big shout to http://www.avicraft.co.uk/ If anyone is in to this stuff this is the place to use.

Comments

• Options
    You should have walked....
  • Options
    Spam
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I got a ticket parking outside the doctors, as I misread the sign. Technically my fault, but obviously as not feeling well, I wasn't "on the ball" (like normal before someone says it).

However, what really peed me off, was the fact that someone coming in to the surgery, told me that I had been ticketed & that the warden saw me parking there & was hiding around the corner (which he does regularly).

I wrote to the council, saying that I'm all for them ticketing people for parking illegally, but not when the wardens are hiding, with the express purpose of revenue collection.

If there true purpose is to stop people parking in inappropriate/dangerous places, then he should have simply pointed out that I couldn't park there. By ticketing me, my car was there longer !

The council waived the ticket :-)
  • Options

I got a ticket parking outside the doctors, as I misread the sign. Technically my fault, but obviously as not feeling well, I wasn't "on the ball" (like normal before someone says it).

However, what really peed me off, was the fact that someone coming in to the surgery, told me that I had been ticketed & that the warden saw me parking there & was hiding around the corner (which he does regularly).

I wrote to the council, saying that I'm all for them ticketing people for parking illegally, but not when the wardens are hiding, with the express purpose of revenue collection.

If there true purpose is to stop people parking in inappropriate/dangerous places, then he should have simply pointed out that I couldn't park there. By ticketing me, my car was there longer !

The council waved the ticket :-)

Where did they wave it? (sorry mate, couldn't resist).
  • Options
    I got a ticket the day my nan died a couple of weeks ago. I was on the phone to my brother about it and so was over the time limit. I wrote to them about it and they still wouldn't waive it.

If that's not extenuating circumstances I'm not sure what is.