Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Swansea City AFC

2»

Comments

• Options
    How's it out of order? He's the penalty taker and wanted to score at Wembley.
  • Options
    Cos it's for a hat trick and he ain't the pen taker

He thought that because he was the player fouled he should take the pen

Laudraup had not designated a pen taker
  • Options
    Oh right, what an arsehole!
  • Options
    Exactly

Yet you have idiots like paddy Barclay stating that players like dyer are what is wrong with football today

Disrespecting Bradford by acting like a spoilt child who wasn't allowed to score

No what is wrong with football is mediocre journalists who are so up the arses of people like wenger they start to sound like him

I used to like paddy but of late on talk sport and ssn he has come across as a complete arse
  • Options
    I heard De Guzman was the designated penalty taker. Robbie Savage on Five Live was stating it was the right thing to do - maintain professionalism and follow the instructions of your manager.
  • Options
    Dyer whinged , see him as the villain
  • Options
    Dyer was acting like a spoilt brat. De Guzman is their regular penalty taker and had every right to argue his point. He's more than entitled to his bit of glory at Wembley as well isn't he?

Dyer still had 30 minutes left to get his hat-trick from open play.
  • Options
    I heard they don't have a penalty taker, but that the 1st person to the ball gets to take it? It was their first penalty of the season yesterday!

What Swansea have done right is appointing managers who play the same type of football. Because of that, they are now famous abroad for their passing style, hence someone like Laudrup taking a job there.

All clubs of a certain size have to budget on going down at some point, and it doesn't matter how well you are run, your income will be slashed and you will struggle financially.
  • Options
    edited February 2013

Well done Swansea on winning the cup. Enjoy the moment, the great football and Europe.

Swansea lost over eight million pounds in the financial year ending May 11 (the year they were promoted to the EPL). Low gates by EPL standards mean that the club has either to over perform each year (not viable long term) or spend outside their means or a combination of both. If they wish to guarantee EPL survival in future years they will have to incur significant debt, which in my opinion they will struggle to pay back.

I suspect Swansea will inevitably drop out of the EPL. In theory they could drop back into the Championship debt free, in reality I suspect they find themselves in debt at that point. Someone will probably offer to buy the club, the supporters that have invested money to buy a share in their club will probably reluctantly relinquish their shares for peanuts accepting that new investment is for the best.

Whilst Swansea play decent football, this in itself is no guarantee of promotion out of the Championship. Had they remained in the Championship further debt seemed in my opinion likely.

Are Swansea a role model for us? In terms of style of football & continuity of philosophy of footballing style despite unavoidable managerial change, yes. In terms of finances, they probably have not found the solution but they may have the least worst answer.

Yes Swansea lost £8M... QPR lost £23M the year they went up and Norwich/Southampton probably lost c£10-15M each. Part of that is promotion bonuses which are more than paid for with the £90M tv deal.

All clubs except the top 6 will drop down into the Championship at some point and one big established club (like Villa) gets caught up most years... question is how you address things when you come down... unfortunately CAFC spent the parachute money and the Darren Bent sale far too quickly... and the three who came down last year are looking worse off than us now.

But Swansea made £16M last year including £5M from Liverpool for their management team which they replaced with Laudrup!!!

Personally I think CAFC can aspire to be a Reading/Norwich/Southampton/Swansea and become a yo-yo club in the very near future but it is going to need a decent plan both on and off the pitch to deliver this... and it is going to need supporter involvement if it is going to last
  • Options
    Reg penalty taker for a team who has not had 1 all season and that the mgr said he hadnt designated
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MCS said:

One of my best mates moved there from Billericay and has married a welsh bird and now they have a smashing little family, all the people I've met through them are excellent,

Are you Smithy?
  • Options
    Smithy

Did you really use the bog brush and what end if you did ???
  • Options

Exactly

Yet you have idiots like paddy Barclay stating that players like dyer are what is wrong with football today

Disrespecting Bradford by acting like a spoilt child who wasn't allowed to score

No what is wrong with football is mediocre journalists who are so up the arses of people like wenger they start to sound like him

I used to like paddy but of late on talk sport and ssn he has come across as a complete arse

Patrick Barclay is less than mediocre, in my opinion. I disagree with so much he rights, it's ridiculous.
  • Options
    I don't tend to watch much Premier league football these days but whenever I have seen Swansea they are an absolute joy to watch. Promoted from the Championship playing a fluid passing game that was introduced by Brendan Rogers and have stuck to that philosophy ever since.

They have some tidy if not amzing players (Michu being an exception and bought for only £2m also!) with a few individuals that played for them in the Championship and some in leagues 1 & 2. Amazing what a decent first touch and plenty of movement can achieve! Can't be that difficult to coach and instil in professional footballers???

I would be more than happy for CAFC to model themselves on Swansea both on and off the pitch. How a club should be run and play football the right way.
  • Options
    So frustrating that only ONE DAY after winning a trophy, all of the media channels were instantly trying to shoehorn him into other positions (Real Madrid, Arsenal etc). Comes as no surprise, but it would be great to see him stick around there for a while.
  • Options
    New Article by VOTV CL And CAS Trust writer a certain Mr Hunt (Prague Addick)

Swansea City's Swans Trust - The Secret for Success?
  • Options
    they're contemplating a move for Tom Ince .. reportedly, Blackpool, managed of course by Tom's old dad, want £8,000,000