Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs Forest | Post Match Views

Comments

• Options

Very dejected after the spirited performance on Tuesday. Felt the gaffer might start with the same 11 and wasn't disappointed. As soon as Halford hit the deck I just knew it would be a red for our Beast. Seems it was always going to be that kind of game....

Forest were by far the better team on the day and deserved the 3 points but surely we could have offered more resistance ? Very few positives for me and far too many negatives. Stephens was abysmal , Pritchard was chasing shadows , Waggy offered very little and Dervite was the midfield scapegoat if some of those around me are to be believed. And Hamer's handling was very worrying.

Saturdays at The Valley could be our downfall. Something has to change if we hope to sell a shedload of season tickets for next season.

Significant investment?

Would be nice, MIA . Any rumours doing the rounds on that one ? My piggy bank is sadly empty...

• Options
    My son said why can't we play all our games away from the Valley , i said don't say that son we did that for 7 years!
  • Options
    Worst performance of the season.

Hamer, Pritchard, Cort, Stephens, Dervite all absolutely terrible. Kermorgant made a stupid mistake so he's as much at fault as Hamer is for his mistake.

Pitch didn't stop us, look at the great football that Forest were playing on it, no-one else to blame other than themselves.
    Think Wagstaff up front instead of wing in a 5-man midfield was a poor decision also.
  • Options

Very dejected after the spirited performance on Tuesday. Felt the gaffer might start with the same 11 and wasn't disappointed. As soon as Halford hit the deck I just knew it would be a red for our Beast. Seems it was always going to be that kind of game....

Forest were by far the better team on the day and deserved the 3 points but surely we could have offered more resistance ? Very few positives for me and far too many negatives. Stephens was abysmal , Pritchard was chasing shadows , Waggy offered very little and Dervite was the midfield scapegoat if some of those around me are to be believed. And Hamer's handling was very worrying.

Saturdays at The Valley could be our downfall. Something has to change if we hope to sell a shedload of season tickets for next season.

Significant investment?

Would be nice, MIA . Any rumours doing the rounds on that one ? My piggy bank is sadly empty...

Haha , time for a new takeover thread! :-0

• Options
    edited February 2013
    As others have said, we were terrible with 11. Stephens, Pritchard and Dervite being the worst offenders.

We had no shape (imho), no width on the right with Pritchard coming inside (I guess this was meant?) and Waggy all over the place (likewise?).

The sending off looked like two yellows for me from the East.

The ref was bad but In the end the better team won.

Usual fare at The Valley
  • Options
    Can some say what Yann did please? I didn't see it and nor did anyone round me
  • Options
    Chasing after a ball with Halford blocking. Ball went out of play and Kermorgant tripped him up/kicked him a second after.
  • Options
    I dont get how teams get away with surrounding the ref like that, they shd all have a yellow to a man.
  • Options
    The sending off looked very harsh from where I was sitting, not sure how the opposite assistant referee got involved, unless he was watching with binoculars, but if others have seen a tv replay, then maybe it was correct.

It made no difference to the scoreline, as we were terrible, terrible passing, Stephens should be ashamed of his first half effort, but the rest of the team weren't much better.
  • Options
    tripped /kicked - which, it's abit differnt. If he kicked him it's one thing, a trip is another
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    redman said:

tripped /kicked - which, it's abit differnt. If he kicked him it's one thing, a trip is another

To me it looked just a trip.

• Options
    Didn't deserve anything. Didn't get anything.

I though Forest passed it around quite nicely, but I guess that's because we let them.
  • Options
    Team needs freshening up. If we don't this summer trans window we will go down next season. That's if we aren't already in L1... X
  • Options
    We were awful today. Might have been different with 11 men but i hate seeing 4-5-1 or 4--1-1 without 2 natural strikers on the pitch at home. Seems very negative and invites the oppo to have a go.

Thought fuller worked his socks off and would like to see Haynes get more time.

Not going to bust a nut over wins so equally will leave the razorblades in the drawer when we put in absymal performances like today.

• Options
    it was more like a 41311, or perhaps a 23311
  • Options
    what gets me is that CP seems unable to react to blindingly obvious things, such as Dervite being overrun and strolling around knackered or perhaps not bothered.
  • Options
    One thing we need is a bit more width, gives us options when we have the ball. Starting two wide players is a start, maybe Waggy and Haynes next game in a 5 man midfield?
  • Options
    thought it was a very brave move by CP to field 11 men who had never even met let alone played together, indeed some of them appeared to have never played before at all

first half has to be one of the worst displays of football I've seen in quite a few years
  • Options
    Well that shit will not get people queueing up for a new season ticket!
  • Options

Can't believe I waited four months in exile to watch that utter drivel. Impotent, brainless and ugly. Worse than the Parky days and those who were not there shouldn't read anything into the fact that we were down to 10.

We would have lost with 15 on the field and Nottingham Forest will never get an easier 3 points this season.

Nice to see a proper footballer like Fatty Reid on the pitch. Completely different class to anyone in a red shirt.

When I saw the three man midfield of Dervite (what was he supposed to be doing today and had anyone told him?), Pritchard (just bundled off the ball by the grown ups) and Jackson (at least he tried hard) I thought this must be the weakest midfield trio in the entire Football League.

I will personally drive Stephens to Villa Park if he ever plays like that again.

Hats off to Saint Chris for achieving mid-table obscurity with no midfield players of any quality.

Please tell me it isn't like that every home match.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Impotent, brainless and ugly

The Dwarves that Disney forgot.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    My wife reminded me Grumpy that you hadn't been to a game for 4 months and were coming along today, poor sod i thought picking this one to choose, console yourself that you've missed a lot of dross at the Valley this season (Cardiff aside) , was the football as poor as the pitch?
  • Options

That's the first time I've smiled since three o clock.

• Options
    We were awful today the whole team couldn't string two passes together and for the second time this season forest outclassed us. Stephens took 30 minutes before he found a red shirt and Pritchard wasn't much better

Even if we had 11 we would've lost,thought Kerms foul was a yellow and only a red after the lino decided he had the best view 50 yards away. Shame he'll be missed for 3 games but at least he won't miss the Millwall game.

Having gone Leicester midweek the difference in pitch quality is shocking our pitch looks non league standard currently.

Next 5 games look better on paper for us and we'll need Haynes and fuller fit hopefully we'll get a couple of wins from them which will see us almost safe.

• Options
    vffvff
    edited February 2013
    The sending off looked soft to me. A booking at best. KMG though should have not let a nobody like Halford put him into a position where the idiot referee can send him off. At the point, Charlton were second best but still in the game. After the sending off, it was all over. I thought the referee made a number of poor decisions, missing a foul in the build up to the first, an elbow on Dervite for the second and at least three clear handballs, one of them in the Forest penalty area in the second. Each time the referee allowed the momentum to swing in Forests favour.

It would have been an up hill battle with 11, impossible with 10. Not helped by some poor performances by Stephens who dawdled on the ball misplaced bypasses and managed to turn attack into defence on a couple of occassions. I take the point that those around him may not have given him much to pass to, but he still had a very poor half. I can only remember him completing one pass the whole half. Compare him to Reid, who admittedly had better players and movement around him but he did not misplace a pass the whole game.

Dervite was good at heading to break play but his passing was awful. Pritchard's skill level was exposed particularly when going to 10. Hamer dropped the cross / shot for the first goal.

4411 or whatever the formation was not good. I am not sure at Dervite in that position at home, whilst I appreciate the desire to nullify Forests midfield, Dervite did not seem to help with that. A more regular regular 451 with KMG and Fuller or Haynes would have been better.

On a positive note, I thought that the substitutions were positive and good. Fuller for Stephens and Haynes for Wagstaff allowed Charlton to look forward and helped to keep the score down. Wiggins I thought looked like getting back to his old self. Fuller and Haynes looked dangerous together. I thought Obika looked useful in the short time he was on, hopefully a bit of pace.

One of those games. The pitch is dreadful and is not helping anything. Some investment in that area is vital over the Spring and summer.
  • Options

That's the first time I've smiled since three o clock.

Life's too short not to SHG ;-)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Wasn't there today just seen the Yann incident and goals on SSN
    What was Yann thinking? Deffo straight red for kicking out! Moron!
  • Options
    DiscoCAFC said:

Agree about Stephens, Devitte, Pitchard, Hamer etc

I thought Solly, Jackson, Wiggins and Kermongant did well today.

Lol so kermo played well despite being red carded at 37 min and getting bullied by there cb's the time he was on the pitch? Comical.

• Options
    Guedioura was majestic today, we would not have won with 12 men. That guy should be in the prem.
  • Options
    For christ sake can we please play 2 up front at home next week.

Our home form is not only crap but so lacking in anything imaginative. I want to be entertained please not bored to death.