Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Forest inquest

The most hapless, lamentable performance I've seen in 40 years of following Charlton. Absolutely no redeeming features, yet Powell patronises all of us by continuing his pathetic excuses. He alone is responsible for selection and tactics. No wonder Kermorgant is frustrated ....I'm seriously contemplating binning my season ticket. Face the facts Powell - Several of our players are never going to be championship level (Pritchard/Dervite/Wagstaff) and the rest are clearly pissed off with the negative home game plan (Stephens didn't even attempt to impose himself on the game)....And the biggest indictment of all??...Fans leaving the game were so accepting of our awfulness -nobody actually seems to care anymore. Go now Chris Powell -there is never any excuse for playing like that. You're just plain embarrassing!

Comments

• Bit strong! How did you feel last Tuesday evening?
  • Bin your season ticket, you won't be missed.
  • where did you expect us to finish this season? we were never going to be beating teams every week we may have been poor yesterday but it happens, dont bin your season ticket il take it off your hands...
  • "Several of our players are never going to be Championship level"

"Go now Chris Powell - There is never any excuse for playing like that"

Interesting, by your rationale we should view pretty much every game as a League One team vs a Championship side, in that case any game we win should be considered a giant killing.

Chris Powell forever.
  • They're all coming out today!
  • It is funny how many of these didn't post on Tuesday night though.
  • I liked you better as Cactus Jack.
  • Powell is responsible for the selection and tactics but the players have got to take some responsibilities for their performances as well.

A lot of them are out of their depth but if the board arnt giving Powell the money to strengthen the team what hope has he got ?

It's all very frustrating especially when tactically he seems to get it right away from home more often than not ...but that's not much consolation for the bread and butter 15,000 plus home fans who have watched the home matches.

If the board don't give Chris some money to strengthen the team then the casual fans are not going to turn up to watch performances like that for much longer

• edited February 2013
    I see that the usual suspects are pointing their fingers and slagging off this site again - whilst reading it every day. Odd, very odd.

(Yes you, racist)
  • A team that is 14th in the league is out if its depth? Don't see how that works?

We're clearly going to have all this fucking whining until the day comes when we eventually get to the Premier League. I'd rather these idiots just didn't come to games.
  • Sponsored links:

• Lot of kneejerking going on at the moment.

Win the next game and people will be talking about knighting him again.
  • Any team in this division can beat any other on their day, Hull got totally stuffed by Bolton yesterday, something no one would have predicted, we done the double over Leicester, we beat Cardiff, Posh went away to the scum and stuffed them, it's the beauty of this division that its so unpredictable, why be so hard on the players and management when we are holding our own with a team made up of players from lower leagues that are trying to step up
  • cafctom said:

A team that is 14th in the league is out if its depth? Don't see how that works?

I meant a lot of them looked out of their depth yesterday ...not every game. They looked anything but out of their depth on Tuesday, the inconsistancy is frustrating. The main point is that it's easy to point the finger at Powell (I've done it many times myself), but if the board don't back him financially then he can't improve the side

• MickFoley said:

The most hapless, lamentable performance I've seen in 40 years of following Charlton. Absolutely no redeeming features, yet Powell patronises all of us by continuing his pathetic excuses. He alone is responsible for selection and tactics. No wonder Kermorgant is frustrated ....I'm seriously contemplating binning my season ticket. Face the facts Powell - Several of our players are never going to be championship level (Pritchard/Dervite/Wagstaff) and the rest are clearly pissed off with the negative home game plan (Stephens didn't even attempt to impose himself on the game)....And the biggest indictment of all??...Fans leaving the game were so accepting of our awfulness -nobody actually seems to care anymore. Go now Chris Powell -there is never any excuse for playing like that. You're just plain embarrassing!

• Any team in this division can beat any other on their day, Hull got totally stuffed by Bolton yesterday, something no one would have predicted, we done the double over Leicester, we beat Cardiff, Posh went away to the scum and stuffed them, it's the beauty of this division that its so unpredictable, why be so hard on the players and management when we are holding our own with a team made up of players from lower leagues that are trying to step up

very true, its unrealistic to expect us not to lose games but I think its the manner in which we lose sometimes.

• You're pathetic pal. I'm sure you weren't complaining on Tuesday. Bore off and take your season ticket with you.
  • cafctom said:

A team that is 14th in the league is out if its depth? Don't see how that works?

We're clearly going to have all this fucking whining until the day comes when we eventually get to the Premier League. I'd rather these idiots just didn't come to games.

Thing is, most of these idiots whining don't go to enough games anyway. Does not stop them voicing these views, rightly or wrongly. That's the Internet for you!

• Powell still has my support 100%, but will I re-new my season ticket next season? now, there's the question...........

I certainly won't be rushing to do so early. I think I'll wait to see what investment goes into the team. Although I'd wish we won more home games (as I don't travel away anymore) I'm satisfied with how the season has gone so far. Always expected a bottom half of the table, but clear of bottom 3. So far, so good. The board have said that they want to push on next season, so let's see how serious they are about this in the summer.

As for yesterdays performance, I'd rather forget about it..............................
  • If that's the worst performance you'd seen for 40 years I can only assume you were in a coma between 2008 and 2011, congratulations on your remarkable recovery.
  • se9addick said:

If that's the worst performance you'd seen for 40 years I can only assume you were in a coma between 2008 and 2011, congratulations on your remarkable recovery.

to be fair it doesnt get much worse than not registering a single shot on target in a home game though does it ?

• Sponsored links:

• Choice said:

se9addick said:

If that's the worst performance you'd seen for 40 years I can only assume you were in a coma between 2008 and 2011, congratulations on your remarkable recovery.

to be fair it doesnt get much worse than not registering a single shot on target in a home game though does it ?

I'm not saying it was good, far from it - but surely it wasn't the worst performance in 40 years ? For a start the away game at the start of the season was probably worse (especially the first half).
  • We were inept with 11 men. Worse with 10

Better team won. They've spent a lot of money and it shows.

It's not Powells fault that our players took 4 touches to control the ball. Or that Stephens had a "seaborne". Or Pritch had a shocker, or Jacko chased shadows yet again. Our midfield was woeful but we have no options so we will have ups and downs this season.

As for the original poster - you're a buffoon if you think anyone else could come in, get paid what we can afford, and produce some of our results. It wouldn't happen.
  • If only Admin would have a "post-Match" thread or similar after every game then people could put all their comments on a particular game in the same place rather than having to start the 5th, 6th or 7th different thread on the same subject.

But I suppose you get more attention if you start your own thread and some people obviously need the attention.
  • cafctom said:

They're allowed their opinion and they do contribute money to the club. Without fans.... no money
  • Okay, I've taken serious stick for my comments on yesterday, but the fact remains -CP has repeatedly got it wrong at home (I do travel away....I do take on board our league position and agree half way is not such a bad place to be at this stage ) However as many commentators have pointed out, any club potentially can beat anyone else in the Championship and therein lies my frustration. 2 or 3 times we've been within distance of the top six, but the manager's negativity in his gameplan has cost us dearly (Shef Wed being another recent example). If he really doesn't get the need for a more offensive home strategy and persists with (for instance)
    Dervite in a 5-man midfield with the hapless Pritchard) then I don't think there's much future for him. I pay my money and am entitled to hold this view. Judging from those around me yesterday I'm not alone.
  • MickFoley said:

Okay, I've taken serious stick for my comments on yesterday, but the fact remains -CP has repeatedly got it wrong at home (I do travel away....I do take on board our league position and agree half way is not such a bad place to be at this stage ) However as many commentators have pointed out, any club potentially can beat anyone else in the Championship and therein lies my frustration. 2 or 3 times we've been within distance of the top six, but the manager's negativity in his gameplan has cost us dearly (Shef Wed being another recent example). If he really doesn't get the need for a more offensive home strategy and persists with (for instance)
    Dervite in a 5-man midfield with the hapless Pritchard) then I don't think there's much future for him. I pay my money and am entitled to hold this view. Judging from those around me yesterday I'm not alone.

This!!

• If only Admin would have a "post-Match" thread or similar after every game then people could put all their comments on a particular game in the same place rather than having to start the 5th, 6th or 7th different thread on the same subject.

But I suppose you get more attention if you start your own thread and some people obviously need the attention.

Maybe we need a "Be Wound Up" category for these posts