Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Teams we've played at three or more away venues

2»

Comments

• Options
    By the end of the season, we'll have played Cardiff at Ninian Park, their new ground, and somewhere in Spain for a friendly couple of years ago. Not sure if we played them at all while we were away from The Valley.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

By the end of the season, we'll have played Cardiff at Ninian Park, their new ground, and somewhere in Spain for a friendly couple of years ago. Not sure if we played them at all while we were away from The Valley.

I don't think Cardiff came to Upton Park or Selhurst. We did play them in Spain, as you say, at Estadio Guadalquivir del Coria CF (as everyone remembers).
  • Options
    This is the sort of thing that other Henry Irving will rip off for his Fifth Column in VOTV.
  • Options

didn't play Bolton between 1983 and 1993 from the site i look at (although it has missed out fixtures before but not often)

We sent the Trotters down.

Last game of the season, winner stays up, 1 down with 20 to go, we win 4 - 1
    Am I the only person on here who has the video of that game?
  • Options

This is the sort of thing that other Henry Irving will rip off for his Fifth Column in VOTV.

Bugger ! Confused now.
    Which Henry is the "Sir" ?
    VOTV Henry or CL Henry ?

• Options
    edited February 2013

didn't play Bolton between 1983 and 1993 from the site i look at (although it has missed out fixtures before but not often)

Probably Yes - Remember many a curry consumed watching that one, waiting for the bloke on the bike to go past in the background as Gritty milks it

• Options

Probably Yes - Remember many a curry consumed watching that one, waiting for the bloke on the bike to go past in the background as Gritty milks it

Yeah and those 20 Bolton fans at the bottom of the west stand miking it when Moores scored.
  • Options

Have a chat with Aliwibble as she's uploaded old videos to the CL archive on-line before. I'd love to see it again.

One of the five or ten most important games in our history IMHO
  • Options
    No one thought of Southampton .Pretty sure we played them at 4 different grounds . Middlesbrough is four to not to sure if we played them at Upton Park
  • Options

Yeah and those 20 Bolton fans at the bottom of the west stand miking it when Moores scored.
    Myself and a couple of others went and sat next to them just after they scored.

By the end of the game I actually felt sorry for one of them who was almost in tears.

Well I almost felt sorry for him.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Didnt we play Brighton when they shared with Gillingham?

Nope
  • Options
    The AMEX will be our seventh different ground vs. Brighton - Goldstone, Withdean, AMEX, Catford, The Valley, Selhurst Park and Upton Park.

We've met Norwich in six different venues - The Nest, Carrow Road, Catford, The Valley, Selhurst and Upton Park.

Bristol Rovers and (soon to be) Brighton look to be the most overall.
  • Options
    Bradford - The Valley, Valley Parade, Selhurst Park, Odsal
  • Options
    We've played Man City at hyde rd, maine rd and the city of Manchester stadium. Not sure if we played them at SP or UP?

We also played Reading at Catford
  • Options
    definitely played man city at selhurst park i remember us winning 5-0