Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Budweiser - going homeopathic.

Comments

• Options
    Budweiser on tap !
    Do any pubs still serve it ?
  • Options
    All beer tastes awful to me.
  • Options
    Can stand people that act like beer police.

Who really gives a shit what anyone else drinks.
  • Options
    Some of the craft beers made in the USA are superb... and then they have the mass-produced stuff. Bit like us really - some superb real ales and then the mass-produced beverages like Fosters.

It seems that the majority of drinkers are not interested in the taste, just in getting trollied. Hence, with a bit of targeted advertising, people can be turned away from lager to WKD or cider.
  • Options

Didn't like it anyway but not going to buy if it is anti-gay as the thread title suggests.

Czech Budvar is OK if you like that sort of thing.

Sierra Nevada pale ale is very good

Joking aside Henry, I did actually read the title as...gone homophobic.
    Me too !
  • Options

All lagers taste like piss to me, but if i had to pick one, i'd always pick budweiser.

If you've ever been to the states, where they drink bud LITE. Hilarious seeing people drink it and acting like they're absolutely trashed. It's basically a glorified shandy.

Thats prob why you drink Budweiser- because it has the least taste, and you quite obviously arent a lager connoisseur.
  • Options
    edited February 2013

I don't care what other people drink but I do care about beer and will continue to talk about it and enthuse about the good ones and knock the poor rubbish that is served up, especially in this country.

DCI Riviera.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Riviera said:

I don't care what other people drink but I do care about beer and will continue to talk about it and enthuse about the good ones and knock the poor rubbish that is served up, especially in this country.

DCI Riviera.
    Agree. Not a lot better than a good lager/beer. But a lot wrong in the mass produced low quality shit forced upon the masses by expensive advertising.

I keep thinking of those 2 Aussie pricks for the Fosters Ad - WTF was that all about!!
  • Options
    Can I be your deputy DCI Riviera?! :-)
  • Options
    I don't get the title of this thread...seriously, I don't.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Saga Lout said:

Sure, wanna see my rusty Sheriff badge?
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Saga Lout said:

Riviera said:

Saga Lout said:

Sheriff Badge - wasnt that brewed by Ringwoods ?!
  • Options
    Was bought a few bottles of Duvel for Christmas, went down a treat.
  • Options
    SE10 said:

Was bought a few bottles of Duvel for Christmas, went down a treat.

Alongside Leffe ,Delirium Tremens (http://www.delirium.be/) and Erdinger, Duvel is totally the dogs.
  • Options
    I say that as someone who has used homeopathy. So if the joke is that it's just water then I can say with total confidence that it's helped me on more than one occasion.
    ...oh and I don't mind Bud. Draft pints in Dublin = very palatable.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Saga Lout said:

I'll give that a miss.
  • Options

Riviera said:

DCI Riviera.
    Agree. Not a lot better than a good lager/beer. But a lot wrong in the mass produced low quality shit forced upon the masses by expensive advertising.

I keep thinking of those 2 Aussie pricks for the Fosters Ad - WTF was that all about!!
    No one is 'forcing' anyone to choose one drink over another....believe it or not some people like the taste of Fosters or Budweiser...just as some people like the taste of Spitfire or Guinness.

Beer snobs are actually worse than wine snobs.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    DanDavis said:

Riviera said:

DCI Riviera.

No one is 'forcing' anyone to choose one drink over another....believe it or not some people like the taste of Fosters or Budweiser...just as some people like the taste of Spitfire or Guinness.

People like the taste of Budweiser or Fosters !!!??? - No, cant be - do they have Prawn Cocktail and Spaghetti on toast for dinner too ??

Hmmmm, wine, now, where did i put that 97 Meursault ??
  • Options
    Its all about the strongbow
  • Options
    I am really fussy about bitter, will only drink a good quality ale. I am really fussy about lager, will only drink imported like Heineken or real Stella. However when it comes to cider, I'll drink any old shite!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DanDavis said:

Riviera said:

DCI Riviera.

Exactly.
  • Options
    Just because someone knows what they are talking about doesn't make them a snob.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Blimey, just because you dont know your Budweiser from your Beaujolais, no need to call us snobs ! I've been called a few things in my life but i'm deeply shocked by snob - i just like a nice lager or wine - is that deeply offensive ? !
  • Options
    Racon
  • Options
    JT said:

Racon

JT, wrong thread mate - its the one getting to Kevin Bacon you want.

• Options
    Thread snob
  • Options
    I'm unsure if I'm a snob or just expressing my taste

Fair one there is a dab of snobbery with beer certainly Budweiser for me but truth be told I wouldn't turn a freebie down if offered a case of it
  • Options
    edited February 2013

Vinnie V. said:

All yank booze is awful.

Bit of a sweeping statement - but understand what you are saying.

TBH if you want a 'lager' then you cannot beat Belgium and Germany. Else if you want an 'ale' then UK is the place to be.
    An ice cold Coors Light is the nuts
  • Options

I give a shit. Not because I care what you drink per se, but because it affects what's available to those of us with a more discerning palate. Every time someone is prepared to pay well over the odds to get a kiddie sized portion of fizzy gnats-piss from the corporate chemical-toilet, it makes it a little harder for the rest of us to be catered for properly without being ripped off. As a case in point, they've stopped selling beer at The Valley because so many people are afraid of their own tastebuds and kept choosing fosters or smiths in preference to a proper drink.
  • Options

All lagers taste like piss to me, but if i had to pick one, i'd always pick budweiser.

If you've ever been to the states, where they drink bud LITE. Hilarious seeing people drink it and acting like they're absolutely trashed. It's basically a glorified shandy.

It is horrible and tasteless but the Lite in Bud Lite refers to the calories not the alcohol! It's still 5% and will get you drunk at just the same speed as other beers.

There are some very good beers in the US. Washington (state not DC) and Oregon have a fine history of small quality brewers, including brewing what we'd call bitter or ale.
    I quite like Dead Guy Ale from the Rogue Brewery in Oregon. (The Rogue bit comes from the Rogue River - they're not suggesting they are pwopa narwty or anything!).