Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Drawing plans - help needed

I am looking to get an extension built which falls under permitted development. What is a typical price that I would expect to pay for the drawings. It is basically a box with a window and door. I live in Wokingham, can anyone recommend someone nearby or can they be done remotely from anywhere?

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2013
    An East Stand season ticket holder friend of mine does this sort of thing and, coincidentally, I saw his advert in a free magazine just now and remembered this post.

Andrew N Purcell 01634 727827 or 07725467046.

He is based in the Medway area. Might be worth a phone call to see whether or not you can do business.

If you tell him my daughters went to school with his sons he should realise who I am to enable me to claim a pint if it does work out.

:-)
  • Options
    Cheers LenGlover
  • Options
    Do they need the whole floor plan of the house? If not I'll do it for a tenner.
  • Options

Do they need the whole floor plan of the house? If not I'll do it for a tenner.

From what I have seen on the Bromley portal a tenner is a bit steep.
    I'm sure some of them are done on the back of a fag packet. I did my own
  • Options
    Done a real complex one on a twisted oak frame listed building about a month ago...I wondered if it would be accepted as I am not a draughtsman. The guy said it was more than good enough and that he'd seen plans drawn on the back of cereal packets accepted...standards eh!
  • Options

Done a real complex one on a twisted oak frame listed building about a month ago...I wondered if it would be accepted as I am not a draughtsman. The guy said it was more than good enough and that he'd seen plans drawn on the back of cereal packets accepted...standards eh!

What wont be accepted is calulations for loadings etc, unless you you have the professional qualifcation to back them up and rightly so.
    None of the planning drawings have that much detail on them, lots of waffle and title blocks, makes them look like a pro has done them.
    Knock off version of Autocad, couple of hours work and most people can produce a set of drawings good enough for an extention.
    If I can do it anyone can.

(my Autocad copy isn't knocked off, I used my copy at work)
  • Options
    It is a room 3m by 3m with patio doors and a window. I need to have a look at so e examples then I might give it a go. Quote I got yesterday was £600 and then one today for £2500. £2.5k for drawing a poxy cube!!!!!
  • Options
    My tenner deal's looking good now huh?
  • Options

Probably make more on that than any of your songs!
  • Options
    Hi maybe, is there anywhere where you can get all the standard thermal calcs? I don't even know where to start? Did you just draw the room that you were building or did have to draw the house? Do you have to do a block drawing as well?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Borrow the East Stand expansion ones, can't see the club needing them.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Off_it said:

Probably make more on that than any of your songs!
    Very true, as I don't sell songs.
  • Options
    edited March 2013

Hi maybe, is there anywhere where you can get all the standard thermal calcs? I don't even know where to start? Did you just draw the room that you were building or did have to draw the house? Do you have to do a block drawing as well?

The building in question is a grade 2 listed building which is being turned into a restaurant, so the drawing had to show the entire floor plan (this was for change of use) and include the proposed new toilets. I've mostly worked as a design engineer so a floor plan is quite a simple task if you're a bit technical. It just needs to be to the scale they ask for, mine was 1/25 but you can't usually fit a whole building on a sheet of A4, so if you do it on a PC you could get it printed out on A1 (34" x 22") which is the size paper I use for most plans. Don't know anything about thermal calculations...so I think you might need someone smarter than me...that won't be hard :)

ps. Make sure doors are opening the right way and don't use colours.

• Options
    Here you go mate. I've used all my paintshop skills on this and I'm sure the planners will be most impressed. I'll inbox you my bank details later so you can forward my payment.............
  • Options
    That's excellent - not sure i need the big window! It might make it a bit too light in here
  • Options
    edited March 2013

Here you go mate. I've used all my paintshop skills on this and I'm sure the planners will be most impressed. I'll inbox you my bank details later so you can forward my payment.............

That's brilliant...I'm useless at paintshop, well done Tango.

• Options
    I do it for a living and can give you a quote, send me a private message and I will give you some advice