Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Redskins.

Forgot how brilliant this band were.
Deserve their own thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12A4_ZsEE90

Comments

• Options
    The Redskins were being played as I entered the ground at Carlisle back in April. For all I know they were also being played when I previously went there in 1986
  • Options
    What happened at Brunton Park in 1986 ?
    ;-)
  • Options
    A great band indeed. It just so happens that they randomly turned up on a music shuffle in my car a couple of hours ago. It was a live recording (bring it down I think) so it had the obligatory Dave Spart introduction to the song that sent a shiver down my spine as I remembered some of the personality free zones that I used to know who were into the SWP. I don't think I ever met one of that crowd that wasn't a complete cock that people would go out of their way to avoid. Oh for the black and white certainties of the 1980's!

That album is excellent, though.
  • Options
    Oi, Garry Bushell and I were SWP members in New Cross/Deptford then.......
  • Options

Hope you haven't moved as far politically as him. Amazing the impact the Murdoch shilling can have!
  • Options

They were fantastic. Saw them at ULU, Marxism (86?). Brilliant. Keep on Keepin on.

• Options

Hope you haven't moved as far politically as him. Amazing the impact the Murdoch shilling can have!
    Lets just say we disagree on several things..... ;-)

• Options
    Came up on another thread a little while ago. Neither Washington...came out as I was getting into politics in 6th form. Brilliant album, fantastic musicians, tunes & lyrics. Have the original LP and then downloaded it last year. Some great memories...
  • Options
    Saw them live at Central london Poly and at the GlC festival at Waterloo. Always felt they were better live or in session than on record, well this record in particular. A bit overproduced and cluttered compared to the energy of "Lean on Me".