Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wolfsburg FC

A few of us are thinking of a trip over to Germany to watch some football . Does anyone have any experience of this ? Also any advice on the Wolfsburg or Hanover areas would be much appreciated .

Comments

• Never been to Wolfsburg but I'd imagine you'd be able to get tickets easy enough. Me and nine chums were in Hannover on Saturday to see them play Hamburg (5-1) and we got tickets by getting in early. Just email or call Wolfsburg and I'm sure they'd be happy to speak good English to you!

Failing that....get yourself up to Hamburg. Easy as you like to get tickets and you'll have a great day and an even better evening!
  • Was Hanover any good to stay ? Will probably be about 6 fellas

They are away to hamburg soon , so that may be an option
  • I was with Simonsen's group on Saturday (see above) - we actually stayed in Hamburg and took the train down from there to Hannover. Hotels in Hamburg are plentiful and suit all sorts of price ranges. Can be booked online easily enough. As Simmo says, Hamburg is the place to visit - easy to get match tickets through the HSV website and provided you get in early enough, hotels are easy to book but you need to book hotels early as most other Bundesliga teams supporters see Hamburg as one of THE away trips to make. You'll enjoy the matchday experience and you'll enjoy the night in Hamburg as well. Try to get up early and go to the Fischmarkt on Sunday morning too - that is if you fancy starting drinking at 7 a.m., or better still try and push through from the Saturday night!
  • Thanks gents , great advice . Think you've sold us on hamburg .
  • Do the hotels in Hamburg allow pet goats?
  • Make sure you see me first LOL
  • WSS said:

Do the hotels in Hamburg allow pet goats?

Lol
  • Make sure you see me first LOL

Can you deliver ? ;0)
  • WSS said:

Do the hotels in Hamburg allow pet goats?

Not sure about goats but did see a bloke there once with ferrets down his strides.
  • We are heading out beginning of may now . Looking at a couple of hotels in the centre of hamburg . Again, thanks for advice
  • Sponsored links:

• No problem. Hotels in the centre or the St Pauli/Reeperbahn area will be fine. Best bars and 'cultural entertainment' can be found in the latter area.
  • edited February 2013
    Lol , we are into a bit of culture ;0)
  • Could ensure that it is suitable packaged
  • Hamburg is to be re-named Horseburg