Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Vanilla Coke

Comments

• Top Deck shandy was a fave when I was a young 'un.
  • They don't drop brands that sell mate trust me it may have made that much but I would double the figure as for what they expected

We dumped loads of out of date vanilla and even paid people over 6 weekends to take it out of vending machines

The coke train wouldn't pull a product of it delivers against target

Numerous releases of new products in the last ten failed this was one

Fair enough. I take your point that it may not have reached the targets they set, but the fact that generated £54m in sales suggests that it is inaccurate to claim that nobody liked it.
  • Anyone found it? Not in Sainsburry's?
  • Found Cherry Coke Zero in Asda the other day, not seen it anywhere else as yet :(
  • not seen it anywhere yet. Only Ocado online!
  • Never had vanilla coke but Coke Zero is horrendous, zero calroies zero taste.
  • You have LIED to us all, I have not seen a single vanilla coke. Someones heads gotta roll for this rumour.
  • Mrbacon said:

You have LIED to us all, I have not seen a single vanilla coke. Someones heads gotta roll for this rumour.

Haven't seen it anywhere either. Outrage!
  • Best fizzy drink was Refreshers drink that Woolworths sold in a tall can for about a year, then people realised how much sugar was in it and it was taken off the shelves.
  • siblers said:

Never had vanilla coke but Coke Zero is horrendous, zero calroies zero taste.

Really? I can't tell the difference, are you sure it's not psychosomatic? i.e. you expect it to taste less, so therefore it does?

It's a strange situation, Coke Zero is what Diet Coke was supposed to be, but when Diet Coke was invented they couldn't get the taste right with artificial sweeteners. Now we have better artificial sweeteners, but there's a load of people who prefer the taste of Diet over regular, so we have two different "diet cokes", one that tastes like coke and one that tastes like Diet Coke.

Even stranger is the marketing. Clearly Diet Coke is for the girls, and Coke Zero is for the boy (similarly with Pepsi Max). All very strange.

• Sponsored links:

• edited March 2013

siblers said:

Really? I can't tell the difference, are you sure it's not psychosomatic? i.e. you expect it to taste less, so therefore it does?

It's a strange situation, Coke Zero is what Diet Coke was supposed to be, but when Diet Coke was invented they couldn't get the taste right with artificial sweeteners. Now we have better artificial sweeteners, but there's a load of people who prefer the taste of Diet over regular, so we have two different "diet cokes", one that tastes like coke and one that tastes like Diet Coke.

Even stranger is the marketing. Clearly Diet Coke is for the girls, and Coke Zero is for the boy (similarly with Pepsi Max). All very strange.

I can definitely taste the difference between Coke Zero and normal Coke; Coke Zero is so bland. Diet Coke is marginally more flavoursome than Coke Zero but still nowhere near that of normal Coke.
  • All coke is horrible, it's all about cloudy lemonade
  • siblers said:

I can tell the difference alright, just found that it tasted of nothing. Of the sugar free and diet soft drinks the only one I really like is 7up Free as it tastes pretty much like the original. I've not tried Diet coke in years but aspartame is not something I really want to be consuming so I tend to avoid anything that contains it.
  • CAFCsayer said:

Anyone found it? Not in Sainsburry's?

Apparently in Morrisons, i've found at least 3 newsagents that sell it
  • this is the best news I have heard all week, I f*cking love vanilla coke!!
  • It's vile stuff. When you pour it in your mouth you can feel your teeth instantly rot.

Yes, and if you use it as a mixer with Ouzo, you can dissolve your guts at the same time! It's a sort of cheap, do-it-yourself version of Dignitas without actually having to go to Switzerland.

• I might struggle to tell the difference between Diet Coke and Coke Zero, but if you can't tell the difference between those two and full fat Coke, you have taste bud issues.
  • We add it to hot water cleans warehouse floors like nothing else
  • There's a distinct taste difference between diet and regular coke, whilst coke zero taste far more like regular coke, it's the same flavour, though it might be a little less sweet. I still think it's a least partially in the head, would be interested to see a blind taste test between coke and coke zero. Would be even more interested to include American coke in the test. They don't use sugar, using high fructose corn syrup instead, so their soft drinks don't taste as sweet as ours, which tend to have sugar or glucose.
  • ill check in sidcup morrisons on way home
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:

All coke is horrible, it's all about cloudy lemonade

Family history says that one of my great great (etc) grand mothers created the original recipe for R Whites lemonade. Sold it for £200 pounds.

• Lemons, sugar, water... Think she ripped them off!!
  • No sign of it in Morrisons round my way. Nor anywhere else.
  • Morrison's Sidcup! £4.20 for 16 cans.
  • They sell vanilla coke in a shop in bexleyheath it's about £1.69 a can if I remember correctly
  • They sell vanilla coke in a shop in bexleyheath it's about £1.69 a can if I remember correctly

59p in my local newsagent ;)

• edited March 2013
  • edited March 2013
    Caffeine free coke always had a head that nothing could kill. The drinks machine in burger king has loads of flavours. They do lime coke... Not nice

• Called a freestyle machine you can make loads of differ t combos
  • that sounds amazing! which bk's they in?