Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

World cup 2022

Shouldn't they have thought about this before giving it to the greatest footballing nation in the world!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21644726

Comments

• Options
    There were millions of other things that were more important deciding factors. Unfortunately for football they all came in a brown envelope.
  • Options
    they were thinking about bungs not the fans and certainly not would be the best place to have a world cup.
  • Options
    just like at the valley today, i can't seem to muster the strength to become angry, though i know i should and i am...yeah... FIFA are whores.
  • Options
    We all know this was a joke selection.
  • Options
    No kidding. There's still time to be ballsy and give it to the US. I know we're not the best soccer nation on the planet, but FIFA would make a killing with another American World Cup. All of the NFL stadia built within the last 20 years was built with international soccer in mind. We would probably shatter attendance records again, as in '94.

(Sorry guys, I'm still mad about it. I'll go lay down now.)
  • Options
    A fantastic part of every World Cup is the English whining about how the country that won the selection was incorrect. Bring back the days of good old Sir Stanley Rous and have the "world" cup pinging around a few European nations with the odd trip to Latin America, support of aparthied and host nations switching venues at the last minute to gain an advantage. The good old days. "Non soccer nation" the US ruined the world cup with their ad breaks every 15 minutes, so what if they had the highest average attendance of any tournament (including the one held in the home of football) and the fact that none of that happened, or was ever going to happen except in the fevered minds of English tabloid journalist and those without the mental dexterity to realise to realise that it was all pish. Carry on.
  • Options
    I wouldnt mind if it was in the Winter. Just have a mid-season break and a few of our players might be in a bit of form. No more 'tired after a long season' bullshit.