Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Medical mystery.

This is driving me nuts, I've Googled for hours but can't find an answer so hoping we have a few medical peeps on here. Ok, here goes: I slipped with a screwdriver today and it went into my left hand index finger to a depth of around 4-5 mm. It bled profusely so I quickly ran to the bathroom and stuck it under the tap. Although I thought it may need stitches I wanted to finish my project, so I wrapped a few plasters around it and finished the job in hand. Four hours later I sat down with 'er indoors and told her what I'd done as I carefully removed the plasters to see if I was going to get away with not going to the hospital. I didnt really want to look, but when I did I couldnt believe what I saw...NOTHING, except a small red mark where the screwdriver had entered. No pain, no soreness, no cut. So, has anyone seen or heard of such an occurence? Google says 10 days minimum on a young fit person...I'm 66, one and a bit lung and painfully thin.

Comments

• Options
    Drugs?
  • Options
    Yes mate. A friend messing about, got a dart clean through his finger ( enough to pin it to the dart board ) during some drunken shennagens at a rockabilly weekender twenty five years ago. He pulled the dart out, fearing the worst. Two drips of blood, then nothing. No mark, no bruise no scar.
  • Options

Drugs?

Are you selling?

• Options

Yes mate. A friend messing about, got a dart clean through his finger ( enough to pin it to the dart board ) during some drunken shennagens at a rockabilly weekender twenty five years ago. He pulled the dart out, fearing the worst. Two drips of blood, then nothing. No mark, no bruise no scar.

Cheers Algarve...thought I was going nuts, well more nuts.
  • Options
    Acupuncture?
  • Options
    Stigmata ? Better give the Pope a call.....oh hang on.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    From a shooting point if you, if the bullet passes straight through an animal without touching any vital organs (a bad shot), the wound can heal over and the animal will make a complete recovery. Not in 3 hours though!
  • Options
    Many moons ago, while playing football I fell sidewards and ripped a 2" hole in the side of my knee, no blood just a big hole. When to hospital after the game and had 5 stitches put in. The nurse asked me when I had done it and she didn't believe me when I told her a couple of hours ago.
  • Options
    All hail the chosen one.

The one who will cure cancer, bring peace to the Middle East, make Charlton's South London derby record a thing to be proud of (ok maybe last one is pushing it a bit).
  • Options
    Infection comes later............might want to get a tetanus (sp) shot, too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    are you spiderman?