Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Missing, can you help?

Serious thread from me, I'm wondering if anyone can help.

Most of you know that my family is Charlton mad, met my wife courtesy of Gravesend CASC and my in laws are dedicated Addicks.

The problem is that we haven't spoken to my youngest Brother in Law for about 8 years and we're worried.

We know he was living in South East London at the time, we haven't heard from him though. Just want to know he's if he's ok and that we miss him.

His name is Gareth Holmes, he's 34 this year, born in Gravesend. He too was a regular at the Valley.

If anyone knows him, or even if he's a member of this forum, just let us know he's ok?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Sorry to hear this Dave: Whereabouts was He when you last heard ?
  • Options
    No help but good luck.
  • Options

We moved him from Blackheath sun in the sands to Lee, heard that he was in Charlton at some stage.
  • Options

Sorry, not being nosey, I ask because I use the local Sydenham/Forest Hill Forums, and thought it may be worth asking on these if he was around the SE26/SE23 areas. Good Luck.

• Options
    Probably a bit obvious but have you tried www.192.com and typing in Gareth Holmes with some general place names like London, Kent etc and starting from there ?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    on that 192 thing there is a G holmes in charlton.

• Options
    Picture?
  • Options
    Haven't got an up to date pic I'm afraid. Will try and dig one out.

Think we've tried 192 and it's not him.

Thanks.
  • Options
    Can't help Big Dave, but the best of luck and hope you find him, it must be agony for you all.
  • Options
    What did / does he do for a living ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There's a few London/Brighton based Gareth Holmes on Linkedin
  • Options
    Knowing his line of work or previous employers will help
  • Options
    The inland revenue will know where he is, but they are not happy about giving this information so you will have to state your case well.

Good luck.
  • Options
    At risk of suggesting the obvious, but there's likely to be a number of Gareth Holmes' on Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIn.

Bit of an outside chance Dave....Maybe speak to someone in the Charlton ticket office to see if he has booked any match tickets over recent years? They might not give you his details, but at least you would know he is likely to be safe if he had been there in the last season or two.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, we've tried a number of leads, leaving messages with his old school mates. I honestly don't know what he does for a living. I did ask the ticket office but data protection rightfully prevents any disclosure.

My other brother in law has been searching for him, he's done a lot of the on line stuff and had no luck.

He is/was on Facebook and I messaged him about 5 years ago but that account has gone.

I'm guessing he doesn't want to be found, which is a real shame.

None of us are getting any younger, it doesn't matter what happened in the past. We just want to know he's ok, that's all.
  • Options
    Have you tried asking the club if they'll put a message in the programme with a number for him or anyone else who knows him to contact you?
  • Options
    Good luck in you search Dave pal, will put the word round my mates who are still local to Charlton/ Blackheath/ Greenwich.
  • Options

Have you tried asking the club if they'll put a message in the programme with a number for him or anyone else who knows him to contact you?

We haven't yet.

• Options
    BIG_ROB said:

Good luck in you search Dave pal, will put the word round my mates who are still local to Charlton/ Blackheath/ Greenwich.

Cheers

• Options
    These are pretty good http://www.ukpeoplefinder.com/ it does cost though.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Salvation Army used to find people. Found my late father-in-laws sister that he had lost track of 20+ years before. Didn't cost but a donation (afterwards) was gratefully accepted. They also asked her if she wanted to see him again,which she did, but they would have told him that she was ok if the answer had been no. May be worth a try