Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Matt Jarvis

edited March 2007 in Rumours
on the move?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/g/gillingham/6448919.stm

Comments

• worth a punt forsure, heard good things about this lad!
  • Scully said ' a championship club' cheeky so and so. hope he is wrong.
  • "Scally told BBC Radio Kent: "I guess the cynics would look at this situation and say who's looking after who best.

"The question is - is it the agent looking after himself or is he looking after Matthew Jarvis' career?"

Let's see he get's Jarvis a three/four year contract at £10-20k a week...I'd say he was looking after Jarvis.

Gillingham should have sold him in the last window when they had a couple of decent bids for him.
  • [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]Scully said ' a championship club' cheeky so and so. hope he is wrong.

I'd like us to sign him just to f*ck off that no mark ex Spanner pr*ck!
  • With all these wingers being bandied around (Brunt, Jarvis & the Danish Lad we have signed) looks like one of two of our current crop are on the way out for sure. Bye Bye Dennis & Thomas ?
  • Dennis is out of contract ain't he?
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]With all these wingers being bandied around (Brunt, Jarvis & the Danish Lad we have signed) looks like one of two of our current crop are on the way out for sure. Bye Bye Dennis & Thomas ?
    Dennis is out of contract and has said he is going if we go down. I think that statement might have scuppered any chance of a new deal WHEN we stay up.
  • Dennis is off, we don't know if Sam can cut it, Weston and John are young and inexperienced so that only leaves Ambrose and Thomas. Not surprised we're getting in the danish guy and this Jarvis if rumours are true
  • Dennis will be off no matter what, Szm will be off if we survive, and still possibly go if we drop, Thomas likely to attract prem interest and want to go if we drop.

Lets hope Sam's loan works out well, he could work out favourably if we are interested in any form of Eastwood deal.
  • What do people consider Reid to be? (I don't mean in an injured, unfit fat pie eating sense!) Arguably he is another winger to add to the list.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]What do people consider Reid to be? (I don't mean in an injured, unfit fat pie eating sense!) Arguably he is another winger to add to the list.

He has the dribbling skill of a winger but not enough pace for the modern prem, in my opinion. Pace is what everybody strives for now. He is better off as a more pivotal player either orchestrating play from deep and bursting forward or sitting in the hole behind the front man in a 4-5-1.
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]

Gillingham should have sold him in the last window when they had a couple of decent bids for him.

It really made no difference to the gills, infact they are probably better off waiting until the end of the season. The bids they had were 400k mark and as he has come through there youth sytsem they will be entitled to compensation from who ever signs him. And thats likely to be at least 400k anyway. So there better off keeping there best player and hoping he keeps them up.

I worked for Gillingham for a while and saw Jarvis play many times, as did curbs (at least 3 times i remember). He is playing beneath himself and I've no doubt he'll cut it in the championship........was quite hoping Palace would sign him.