Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Grand theft auto 5

Release date 17 September...

Reading and watching about this game does make me feel like a little kid, it's going to be highly impressive and fun to play. For people that hate games they can be a nice relaxing way to escape reality and feel stress-free for an hour or 2.

It's the only open world game worth buying, new features include:

Play as 3 different characters which you can switch to who you are at anytime. When you are not playing as the other 2 characters they go about there daily lives doing what they do, almost like the sims, and it zooms in and out of them like google maps when you change.

Play new mini games as realistic playing of tennis and 18 hole golf!

The map is bigger then the 3 previous titles put together, you can explore the California wilderness!

Plus more.... they only give limited info about it.

Such a violent video game might create controversy surrounding recent Sandy Hook shooting. Security on buying the game could and should be more strict if has a potentially dangerous influential effect on certain people.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ziYNBkCrz9M

Comments

• Options
    They've almost got too big for me, liked Vice City and GTA3 when you could know all the short cuts and hiding places.
  • Options
    The best games ever made, but San Andreas (the last one I played) had too much driving, if this one is even bigger it's a worry. I'm not sure who would enjoy exploring the California wilderness! The mini games sound good.
  • Options
    Not a massive computer game player (havent turned x box on for months) but i am obsessed with the GTA series and lost weekends playing previous ones. Cant wait for this to come out as sad as that is!
  • Options
    It's only one island but somehow, it's known that its bigger than gta 4 and red demption put together, instead of what I said earlier. It's the Los santos island of San Andreas but obviously extended.
  • Options
    edited March 2013

The best games ever made, but San Andreas (the last one I played) had too much driving, if this one is even bigger it's a worry. I'm not sure who would enjoy exploring the California wilderness! The mini games sound good.

SA was the best one i had played and thought it was better than 4 but downloaded SA after losing it years ago and I think 4 is the best game i have ever played. As i say im not big on computer games but cant see myself ever playing a better one that GTA 4. V could top it though i reckon.
  • Options
    It is ment to revolve around plotting heists....like a more "to the point" oceans 11
  • Options
    Bit shit IMO that it's just one city.

SA was the best one i had played and thought it was better than 4 but downloaded SA after losing it years ago and I think 4 is the best game i have ever played. As i say im not big on computer games but cant see myself ever playing a better one that GTA 4. V will top it though i reckon.
    I used to be big in to computer games as a teenager but haven't got round to buying a PS3 yet! This game may change that, especially as they're getting quite cheap now. I recently downloaded San Andreas, I think the best bit is taking the other gang territories and the third person shooting missions. The car races aren't too bad either! If 4 is better than I'll probably get that too.
  • Options
    4 got a bit tiresome for me, likewise San Andreas and its size but I did like just taking a bike out in the country. Also wasted hours in the forests looking for Bigfoot after all the rumours.

I might get this one but I get way too bored of games early on now.
  • Options
    Loved San Andreas but GTA4 was hard work at times, with that phone going off all the time with the endless friends wanted to meet up. Hope they've taken that out of GTA5
  • Options
    Part of me thinks they should have waited for the release of the Xbox 720/ps4 to have it on there so it would be immaculate. Rock star pulled it off on La noire though, that was brilliant with the best graphics I've seen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Loved San Andreas but GTA4 was hard work at times, with that phone going off all the time with the endless friends wanted to meet up. Hope they've taken that out of GTA5

They have, the dating thing has gone

• Options
    Hoping for a PC release as long as it's not another console port fail.
  • Options
    I loved the setting of Vice City which was my favourite game, but I loved the openness of San Andreas. Just driving out into the hills. I can't wait to do the same in 5.
  • Options
    One of the only games im waiting for before probably giving up console gaming, if the story is as good as 4 then it's going to be amazing.

• Options
    San Andreas is possibly the best game ever made, the story and sheer scale was absolutely epic, not to mention the soundtrack. Gta 4 got old and although the graphics still hold up and a few things were interesting, it didn't reach the heights of vice city and San Andreas.
    Dave2l said:

Part of me thinks they should have waited for the release of the Xbox 720/ps4 to have it on there so it would be immaculate. Rock star pulled it off on La noire though, that was brilliant with the best graphics I've seen.

Thought LA Noire was terrible, rockstar only distributed it. The company that made it went bust during the making of it. I just thought it got so dull, walking around, looking for clues and it was obvious for a long time before the characters realised it that they were dealing with a serial killer. I'd say San Andreas and red dead redemption are by far rockstars greatest and a couple of the greatest games ever made.
  • Options
    3 days before my birthday. Brilliant. who else used to play the very original ones in 2d on the pc?
  • Options
    Had GTA2 on PlayStation. Couldn't believe how much better GTA3 was.
  • Options
    Will be a great game, but seeing as the new release date is just 2 months before the expected release of the PS4, I'm wondering it if will be more worthwhile waiting for that to come out and see if they release a port of it onto that?

Given how big the map is I'd expect it to run better on a next gen console anyway.

I liked GTA 4, but weirdly I felt the Lost and Damned DLC was one of the best aspects of the game, and obviouslt not everyone has experienced that.

San Andreas was by far and away my favourite game of all time though, I downloaded it for the ps3 a couple of months ago and have hardly touched FIFA, Assassins Creed or Gran Turismo since
  • Options

I think you can now fly planes to speed up how fast you get from a to b.
  • Options

I think you can now fly planes to speed up how fast you get from a to b.
    You could fly planes in San Andreas. California had a large array of countryside, from deserts to lush forests and mountains. One of my favourite past times in San Andreas was mountain biking and motor crossing accross the forest hills and mountains of the game. Admittedly there were levels where you had to drive from one city to the next which could get tiresome, but at least in that game there were checkpoints that you could go back to and "skip" driving a journey you had already done. Drove me nuts in gta 4 when you were killed you had to do the entire mission again, including listening to the same dialogue whilst driving somewhere.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Niko Belic is the man
  • Options

Niko Belic is the man

was the best thing about gta 4. The first gta main character to have real depth to his character and far more emotional about his killing.
  • Options

San Andreas is possibly the best game ever made, the story and sheer scale was absolutely epic, not to mention the soundtrack. Gta 4 got old and although the graphics still hold up and a few things were interesting, it didn't reach the heights of vice city and San Andreas.

Dave2l said:

Thought LA Noire was terrible, rockstar only distributed it. The company that made it went bust during the making of it. I just thought it got so dull, walking around, looking for clues and it was obvious for a long time before the characters realised it that they were dealing with a serial killer. I'd say San Andreas and red dead redemption are by far rockstars greatest and a couple of the greatest games ever made.
    I quite liked LA Noire but it did get a little repetative, i never really got the love for San Andreas sure it had a lot more wacky stuff you could do but i think with 4 they hit a point of great story telling and art form in world creation that has not been matched by any modern game before or since.

• Options
    Red Dead Redemption is my favourite Rockstar game. San Andreas is the best GTA, incredible game. Can't wait for V.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

LA Noire was the best game eve,r for a few hours, before I realised it was actually ridiculous.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/a4fd788ce7/real-life-l-a-noire
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Dave2l said:

LA Noire was the best game eve,r for a few hours, before I realised it was actually ridiculous.

Good video but LA noire was brilliant for lots of reason, I'm suprised by its common criticism, I found it very cinematic and gripping. The gameplay was pretty good, but the graphics facial motions, music and effects was 10/10.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Dave2l said:

completely agree. It was fantastic, but the entire game was exactly the same, it didnt have any new challenges and any real development
  • Options
    I read an article buy a guy whose dad was an LA beat cop in the 40s. He showed his dad the game, and this guy was blown away. The attention to detail in the buildings brought a tear to this man's eye. I thought that was great.

Walking backwards and forwards over dead bodies, picking up empty glass bottles. Accusing someone of lying angrily, or completely believing them with no middle ground... Not so great!
  • Options
    He's not looking forward to it anymore...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORaBMF4TscM
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

I read an article buy a guy whose dad was an LA beat cop in the 40s. He showed his dad the game, and this guy was blown away. The attention to detail in the buildings brought a tear to this man's eye. I thought that was great.

Walking backwards and forwards over dead bodies, picking up empty glass bottles. Accusing someone of lying angrily, or completely believing them with no middle ground... Not so great!

Luckily it was a video game and not a training simulation, whats the problem? ;-)