Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Clattenburg

Said it before and say it again something does not sit right with me and this guy

Comments

• Options
    What makes you say this tonight?
  • Options
    Looked absolutely petrified when the Southampton players surrounded him!!
  • Options
    Terrible decision pa for the pen in the last min at Norwich
  • Options

Said it before and say it again something does not sit right with me and this guy

We've been here before, haven't we, nla ?

As soon as that pen was awarded, I said to Mr F that this guy is dodgy....

• Options
    Aha..haven't seen it.
  • Options
    He's is a bit dodgy.
    Was suspended for 8 months a few years back from what i remember for breach of contract. Something to do with his finances.
  • Options
    Afraid so FF it's dodgy ground to be discussed and I don't know what you are aloud to post tbh before people get in trouble but that could never be called a pen, the ball was going so far way from holt and the contact was minimal to say the least
  • Options
    Anyone got a link?
  • Options
    Tbf there was some shocking decisions made in the WBA vs Swansea game that lino needs to spend the night reading the rules as how he disallowed the equaliser beggars belief as well

Sorry walshie it was on motd I didn't tape it to post
  • Options
    Was a very poor decision but the linesman needs his share of the blame too. Other linesman missed a clear thug on Holt in the first half as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's Bob Crows cousin. fact
  • Options
    On the replay the lino doesn't put the flag across his chest unless I missed it

If Clattenburg was asking him in or out of the box as his only question not do you think it's a pen then he was right because holt went down in the box

I just expect something to happen in games where he refs to question his ability as a ref and his reasoning behind decision

Certainly loves to be involved in the wrong way in games and be a huge part of the outcome
  • Options
    I'm glad someone else agrees because back when we were in the prem he was atrocious. Then I forgot about him until his name was mentioned a few years ago and I couldn't believe he was still reffing at the top level. Very strange.
  • Options
    You're reading too much into it NLA. He's just shit.
  • Options
    I can't believe he is still reffing full stop

The assessors need to be in question

The level of refs throughout the leagues is low but I don't know if there's a fix to it

I mean if Clattenburg had to ref in the lower leagues more often I don't think it would fix his ability or his motivation

Hopefully he would drop so low he would need to get a job and give up

I can't think of one ref currently that when you get to a game and see who it is in the middle you think good ref

Last one I know I used to think that of was roger Milford
  • Options
    Its not the referees, its the fa. The way the assessments work you are punished far more harshly for not booking/awarding a foul than you are for incorrectly awarding a foul or booking a player, especially when you can technically argue there may have been a foul.

This leads to referees who won't let the game flow and book first think later (or sometimes never).

Until the way referees are assessed changes, we will get referees who officiate to get good assessments, not to enrich the sport.
  • Options
    I hope that is his reasons for such dubious decision making I really do any other reasons are terrible for the integrity of the game
  • Options
    Its not the referees, its the fa. The way the assessments work you are punished far more harshly for not booking/awarding a foul than you are for incorrectly awarding a foul or booking a player, especially when you can technically argue there may have been a foul.

This leads to referees who won't let the game flow and book first think later (or sometimes never).

Until the way referees are assessed changes, we will get referees who officiate to get good assessments, not to enrich the sport.
  • Options
    He will be in Brazil next year, mark my words!
  • Options
    I blame the assessors. Who is responsible for assessing the assessors?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Was a poor decision and he missed a certain penalty for pulling back, but in his defence, I could see why he gave it (albeit wrongly) and all refs miss the pulling back, the ref against Burnley missed Dervite being pulled back that was as clear as day. I think the lino's job is there to help refs and they are next to useless. How about the Swansea offside goal. If the officials were better, we wouldn't need technology, but so many examples where we do.

We don't hear the conversations between refs and linos, but if I was Clatternburg, I would have asked for his view as he was close to the action and assume he told him there was contact.
  • Options
    Once again, a 4th official using video technology would have helped here as in so many cases, week in week out.