Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bernard Hopkins World Champion at 48.

Anyone watch the fight? By Hopkins standards was a slug fest. Went in against a highly rated power punching Light Heavy weight champion and gave him a boxing lesson and 2 cut eyes. Truely one of the boxing greats.

Comments

• Options
    Just seen this , amazing fighter and IMO he's best win , I thought he was finished
  • Options
    Mate of mine went and had ringside seats , reckons it was a good fight and good undercard.
  • Options
    A true boxing great. Frank Warren needs to secure a fight for Nathen Cleverly against Hopkins or could see another fighter leave for Matchroom
  • Options
    Hopkins would struggle with cleverly in England at his age he has to be careful in picking fights
  • Options
    Would love to see that fight. Would be a sell out for sure in Cardiff. Would also like to see cleverly take on Bellew again. The first fight was close.
  • Options
    nolly said:

Just seen this , amazing fighter and IMO he's best win , I thought he was finished

Must give old men in their 40s hope that life isn't completely over?
  • Options
    After the fight he went straight over the the HBO commentary team to tell Andre Ward he wanted to fight him. Definitely a step too far for Hopkins but would give him a last payday.
  • Options
    Always hope rodders
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Frank Warren couldn't fix a puncture these days let alone fix a decent fight.