Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Corals online bookmakers

So I opened at account to take advantage of a free bet/ horse at evens. Managed to deposit and make the bet, but couldn't log back in.
Turns out they suspended my account due to a verification issue. Garnered this after wasting an hour via on-line chat.
They didn't send me a verification issue email because they said I ticked the box saying that I didn't want to receive promotional emails from them yet I received one yesterday. LOL.
Verification requires..................
Thank you for choosing to open an account with Coral.
In accordance with the requirements of the Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner, which require us to verify all new account holders, we regret to inform you that we have been unable to verify your account from the personal details submitted at registration.
Unfortunately no withdrawals may be processed during this period. Therefore please can you send one document from the list A and two from List B to complete our checks:
List A –One document:
• Copy of the photograph page of a valid passport
• Copy of your birth certificate
• Copy of a valid photo card driving licence (provisional or full)
• Copy of a valid id card.
List B –Two documents:
(All must be dated within the past three months)
• Copy of a mobile telephone statement
• Copy of a store credit statement
• Copy of a mortgage statement
• Copy of utility statement – i.e. water, gas, electric, council tax
• Copy of a bank statement
• A copy of your P60 Tax form
You can send these to us by the following methods:
Email: verification@galacoral.com
Fax: 01483 747097
Post: Verifications Department, Globe House, Victoria Way, Woking, Surrey, GU21 6DD
This is quality identity theft info.

So I asked them why they don't verify accounts before allowing people to deposit money and make a bet. Turns out that if you refuse the verification process then
they can return your initial deposit if the funds are still in your account. They cannot return any winnings or spent funds.
So having made a bet that means my money is gone unless I go through this verification process (will do if the horse wins)

Be warned............checked the internet and many shafted by this, gave up on their cash.

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Completely standard for many online bookmakers/gambling sites. As long as its from there official email adress I wouldn't be worried about it, especially from a site like corals.
  • Options

So I opened at account to take advantage of a free bet/ horse at evens. Managed to deposit and make the bet, but couldn't log back in.
    Turns out they suspended my account due to a verification issue. Garnered this after wasting an hour via on-line chat.
    They didn't send me a verification issue email because they said I ticked the box saying that I didn't want to receive promotional emails from them yet I received one yesterday. LOL.
    Verification requires..................

Thank you for choosing to open an account with Coral.
    In accordance with the requirements of the Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner, which require us to verify all new account holders, we regret to inform you that we have been unable to verify your account from the personal details submitted at registration.
    Unfortunately no withdrawals may be processed during this period. Therefore please can you send one document from the list A and two from List B to complete our checks:
    List A –One document:
    • Copy of the photograph page of a valid passport
    • Copy of your birth certificate
    • Copy of a valid photo card driving licence (provisional or full)
    • Copy of a valid id card.
    List B –Two documents:
    (All must be dated within the past three months)
    • Copy of a mobile telephone statement
    • Copy of a store credit statement
    • Copy of a mortgage statement
    • Copy of utility statement – i.e. water, gas, electric, council tax
    • Copy of a bank statement
    • A copy of your P60 Tax form
    You can send these to us by the following methods:
    Email: verification@galacoral.com
    Fax: 01483 747097
    Post: Verifications Department, Globe House, Victoria Way, Woking, Surrey, GU21 6DD
    This is quality identity theft info.

So I asked them why they don't verify accounts before allowing people to deposit money and make a bet. Turns out that if you refuse the verification process then
    they can return your initial deposit if the funds are still in your account. They cannot return any winnings or spent funds.
    So having made a bet that means my money is gone unless I go through this verification process (will do if the horse wins)

Be warned............checked the internet and many shafted by this, gave up on their cash.

of course it's gone though when you placed the bet if it loses lol. As above, it's standard procedure, they are not 'shafting' anybody.
  • Options
    Resolved?
  • Options
    Coral did that to me, so I jumped ship and went to William Hill.