Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How small we looked

To me it was a bit like men against boys today. We looked so,so small in comparison to their goliaths. Harriott trying to outjump Shittu was just a joke, and with Pritchard,Wilson,Waggy,Solly etc , you only had to look at the size of Shittu,trotter,NGuessan,Hulse, and the rest to know that we werent going to beat in physicality today , and consequently got knocked off the ball so easily all game.
What was Powell thnking?

Comments

• Options
    People need a reality check. For the first 55 mins we were on top. A scab goal and a wooldie and heads dropped. Shittu was a beast but apart from that it was even.
  • Options
    edited March 2013

People need a reality check. For the first 55 mins we were on top. A scab goal and a wooldie and heads dropped. Shittu was a beast but apart from that it was even.

really? Dont remember their goalie having to do much aside from Harriotts shot in first half.
  • Options
    That was the worst part for me hearing the Shittu love in they have got going. Loved him when he was coming through with us and thought hed be a long standing player so was sickening to hear him getting hero worshipped by them.
  • Options
    Compared to say Forest or Wednesday, I thought our players held their own against much bigger players at least until they scored and everything fell apart. Commented elsewhere that Pritch, who is often outmuscled, wasn't so affected today. Despite their size, Millwall weren't playing dirty. The only obvious case for size playing a part was Shittu vs haynes and Haynes should have been outrunning him, really don't understand why he wasn't.
  • Options
    Shittu weighed his heaviest today as he had Danny Haynes in his back pocket
  • Options

really? Dont remember their goalie having to do much aside from Harriotts shot in first half.
    Wilson over the bar, Yanns free kick, pritchards shot that spilled.

And button did nothing..therefore we were on top.
  • Options
    Shittu is a lot quicker than he looks and Haynes wasn't at his best for whatever reason.
  • Options
    And yet we still played long ball.
  • Options
    edited March 2013

So, none of them on target then?

And you're correct, Button did nothing except let 2 goals in he should have saved.
  • Options

And yet we still played long ball.

We've played long ball since January 2012. There is no other way. And we thought Parky had no Plan B.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

And you're correct, Button did nothing except let 2 goals in he should have saved.
    Pritchards shot was on target, so.....
  • Options
    If carlsberg done derby games they would end on 60 mins and we would receive three points for edging it
  • Options

Pritchards shot was on target, so.....
    so was Harriot's in the first half but millwall missed a sitter and blazed a few over the bar,so i would say it was evens up until half time. Then we dominated until they scored

• Options
    Please tell me someone is not actually suggesting Button should have saved the 2nd?
  • Options
    It's ridiculous
  • Options
    Creatine
  • Options
    JT said:

Please tell me someone is not actually suggesting Button should have saved the 2nd?

Have you seen it replayed? He will be more than disappointed. It wasn't a rocket, it didn't swerve and he reacted soooooo slowly. The attempt to save it was a flap and almost an after thought.

Didn't realise what a mess he made of the first until I saw it again.

Hamer will be back sooner rather than later and I suspect next season, money allowing, we will see a new #1
  • Options
    Unbelievable
  • Options
    I'm sure it swerved, will have to look at it again
  • Options
    It did swerve from the angle behind the goal. Not massive but it did swerve.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JT said:

JT, at the time, i thought 'what a goal', but after watching the replay, Button should have got something on it IMO

• Options
    I was sitting right behind it and it went straight as an arrow. What makes it worse for me is the fact that it wasn't in the top corner either. He could have taken two steps and caught it, he just seemed to be taken totally by surprise.

If I see another angle and it moves around I'll take it back, but I'm convinced it was really poor goalkeeping.
  • Options
    JT said:

I'm sure it swerved, will have to look at it again

Just dipped - no swerve.
  • Options
    Yes it swerved. Could see that on the bloody stream with sideways angle.

Whether he took off late, as someone suggested, I have no view.
  • Options
    It looked a decent strike from The Covered End Upper
  • Options

I was sitting right behind it and it went straight as an arrow. What makes it worse for me is the fact that it wasn't in the top corner either. He could have taken two steps and caught it, he just seemed to be taken totally by surprise.

If I see another angle and it moves around I'll take it back, but I'm convinced it was really poor goalkeeping.

The illegal TV had a replay behind the goal and as it went over the wall there was movement. I think it was a hands up what a goal moment.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

It looked a decent strike from The Covered End Upper

Yes, at the time it did. But replays show Button was slow - and no apparent swerve to my eye.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I had worries as Button wasn't even on his line looking at the wall when the kick was taken instead he was off his line pointing to something else.

As to how small we look that has been said for years in league one, we really do have a small team compared to most. Which doesn't help us in this league as with our lack of technical ability we have to work extra hard to try and win every ball, header etc
  • Options

I think the point of the thread was the physical strength of our team when playing route 1 against tough well organised opposition.

Whatever midfield player SCP picks (bar Jackson) they have one thing in common. They are all light-weights and non physical players. Lots of energy and effort but little technique (for this level) and zero physical presence. You usually need one or the other and both is ideal but usually expensive.

From Green to Pritchard, Stephens, Harriot and Waggy or Wilson they are all lightweights. No disrespect intended to decent players but we just get bullied at home. I would rather see Hollands who could at least be relied upon put the boot in and pass it ten yards to Stephens.

SCP's only option is to have Dervite rambling around the centre-circle mud like land rover without a driver but he is not a midfielder.
  • Options
    JT said:

Button was within a cm of the second. Not much else he could have done, bar a bit of luck. The first did go through his legs though.