Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

STATBANK - Charlton 0-2 Millwall plus the PROMORELEGATOR

thanks to the 75 Lifers who gave marks. Fuller and Wagstaff were not given an average mark for the match as they did not complete at least 30 minutes playing time.

stats here: https://us.v-cdn.net/5000498/uploads/FileUpload/81/bfe3062bfd0b6e97d93e360a694f6e.pdf

Comments

• Options
    So, with 8 games to go, the bottom club have already got more points than the end of the season average for 24th place, and second bottom equal the average for 23rd.
    And every club except Bristol City have more points at this stage than any of the relegated clubs in the last 4 years did.
    It's going to be close. Charlton (& several others) need at least another 7-8 points to be safe.
  • Options
    it's not the past 4 years we need to look at - it's five years ago when Leicester went down with 52 points
  • Options
    1 win 3 draws 4 defeats surely we can squeeze that out of 8 games to get to 53
  • Options
    Football 365 on current form they'll have us finish 3rd from bottom. Millwall one place above!
  • Options
    very much squeaky bum time - we have to play 3 teams who are in the top 6 "current form " table.............i am starting to fear the worst.
  • Options

very much squeaky bum time - we have to play 3 teams who are in the top 6 "current form " table.............i am starting to fear the worst.

So you're no longer on the fence Golfie ? Tee hee.
  • Options
    I got slaughtered when I dared to suggest SCP had lost the plot, but everyone who sits near me (Upper North) is severely P***** off and has been for some time now.
    Is the manager the only one on the planet who believes Pritchard is a better player than Dale Stephens?....Does he really feel Johnny Jackson has given us any leadership at the valley this campaign?....Can he -hand on heart- honestly say Scott Wagstaff is Championship level?..or ever will be?....Does he ever talk to Haynes/Green etc about the value of sometimes keeping the ball? (AND THAT'S JUST THE MIDFIELD).....Did he not recognise back in pre-season that in Morrison /Cort/Taylor we lack a 'footballing' centre back?? -I think this has become a real problem for us in this division................So slag me off if you like, I know he's had no investment, but great players/clubmen (Powell qualifies on both counts) have no automatic right to manage our club. I've little doubt we'll survive this time, but he's got a huge amount to prove next campaign.
  • Options
    MickFoley said:

I got slaughtered when I dared to suggest SCP had lost the plot, but everyone who sits near me (Upper North) is severely P***** off and has been for some time now.
    Is the manager the only one on the planet who believes Pritchard is a better player than Dale Stephens?....Does he really feel Johnny Jackson has given us any leadership at the valley this campaign?....Can he -hand on heart- honestly say Scott Wagstaff is Championship level?..or ever will be?....Does he ever talk to Haynes/Green etc about the value of sometimes keeping the ball? (AND THAT'S JUST THE MIDFIELD).....Did he not recognise back in pre-season that in Morrison /Cort/Taylor we lack a 'footballing' centre back?? -I think this has become a real problem for us in this division................So slag me off if you like, I know he's had no investment, but great players/clubmen (Powell qualifies on both counts) have no automatic right to manage our club. I've little doubt we'll survive this time, but he's got a huge amount to prove next campaign.

Pritchard and Stephens are very different players so it's hard to compare them. In my opinion id say Pritchard has been overall slightly better than Stephens this season.

Johnnie Jackson - Were you at the Cardiff game when he scored 2 goals out of nowhere to bring the game to 2-2 before half time? There's been other examples not at The Valley though in fairness.

Scott Wagstaff has barely played this season so Powell possibly agrees with you. I personally feel he has done well when he has played and deserves more of a chance.
  • Options
    Well I guess it's all about opinions.....I really admire Pritchard coming out of non-league in his mid twenties, but his lack of pace, poor physical presence and lack of passing ability seem obvious to me. Stephens can infuriate -very poor in his last game- but has undoubted ability. It's up to the manager to get the best from players like him...... Yes, I saw the Cardiff game (5 goals in 25 minutes against runaway leaders has to be our season's highlight) -and I've a lot of time for JJ- but have a close watch (especially early on in a game, first half hour or so)..drifting about, off the pace, unable to exert any influence. I've travelled as well a fair bit this season -can't recall the last time he was our stand out player.
  • Options
    Just as he could this time 2 years ago Powell can see the weaknesses in our squad. He's tried to improve on them with loans but most didn't work out. We've got another one now in Gower, hopefully he can make an impact.

If picking a midfield was just the players with the most ability we'd be starting Green, Stephens and Jackson every game - but then the midfield would completely lack pace and energy, and neither Green or Stephens are reliable players.

As for Pritchard I've never understood why some say he lacks pace. Part of the reason he can close down so well is because he has that bit more pace than other CMs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MickFoley said:

MickFoley, which players would you have signed on a free transfer in the summer, that are better than our under performing midfielders & were also willing to possibly take a wage cut to come to Charlton ?

PS, let me know who is available in the summer as well & I'll tell Chris Powell for you.
  • Options
    That's if Powell is here in the summer.
  • Options
    MickFoley said:

What are you on about? Stephens has been injured? When he's been fully fit he's usually started, and has usually been poor. Jackson hasn't had the best of seasons bit his leadership in certain matches has been a plus, including Millwall. Wagstaff has hardly played and when he did he played very well and didn't deserve to get dropped. He signed Dervite as the ball playing defender which unfortunately hasn't worked out but he got the best he could with the money available.

If you're going to slag off Powell then fine but next time actually come up with some valid points which make sense.
  • Options
    I really wouldnt be surprised if we got relegated.....5 points off second to bottom, its going to be a squeaky bum end of season.