Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BWP

Bring him back, tell him he's starting in remainder of games, and just go for it

Comments

• Options
    Thank you Brian Clough! ;o)
  • Options
    No thanks. Hasn't even scored for Brentford yet
  • Options
    Can't afford him.......Obika will come good
  • Options
    Could have gone 3 upfront and "Gone for it" against Scumwall but Powell bottled it!
  • Options
    "Go for it"? How would bringing a player who can't get a start in a league 1 team be going for it? Starting Fuller Haynes AND Kermogant every game would "going for it". Doomed, of course, but in the same way that the charge of the light brigade (the VERY light brigade) was. They went for it too.
  • Options
    I'd have him back in a heartbeat.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    When 2-0 down at home, you don't make like for like subs, we just sat back and played hoof ball when should have had some bottle and gone for it with 3 strikers. Nothing to lose at 2-0 is there?

I don't want BWP back either.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Bring back Darren bent on loan till end of the season along with jake Livermore (if only dreams came true)
  • Options
    Gazcafc81 said:

Could have gone 3 upfront and "Gone for it" against Scumwall but Powell bottled it!

Oh like we did against Burnley...
  • Options
    Playing a 5 man midfield of Green, Gower, Stephens, Wagstaff and Haynes could be seen as going for it. Others would call it defensive for playing 5 in midfield.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was about to make a similar thread, him and Kermongant worked well together in League one and if we use them both again it might actually work.
  • Options
    The guy scored one goal before being shipped out on loan.

Not saying he isn't a decent player, because he is, but he is nowhere near the quality of Yann, Haynes or Fuller. Give me one trait he has which exceeds the quality of those three?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    cafctom said:

Gazcafc81 said:

Oh like we did against Burnley...
    You're wrong there fella, we made only two subs that day Harriot and Danny Green. Was you referring to another game?

Forest game maybe?

No passion for a Local derby with this manager in charge.
  • Options
    Would like to see him back to play along with Yann, and Haynes out wide, worked well last season, if he is playing for a new contract surely could be no worse than Fuller, Obika etc!
  • Options

Would like to see him back to play along with Yann, and Haynes out wide, worked well last season, if he is playing for a new contract surely could be no worse than Fuller, Obika etc!

Me too.

• Options
    he is certainly on fire on loan
  • Options
    cafctom said:

The guy scored one goal before being shipped out on loan.

Not saying he isn't a decent player, because he is, but he is nowhere near the quality of Yann, Haynes or Fuller. Give me one trait he has which exceeds the quality of those three?

scoring

• Options
    Not this season
  • Options
    Think his days with us are up, his contract is up in the Summer , can't see it being renewed if I'm honest.
  • Options
    id never av let him go aint any worse than wot we have and still feel he could do a job for us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Baffling we got rid of him for Obika.
  • Options
    How many has he scored for us since Dec 2011?
  • Options

Money. Obika is cheaper.

• Options
    He's finished at Charlton - CP doesn't rate him and thinks he's a League 1 player. He said so at the meet early in the season at Dartford FC.
  • Options

Money. Obika is cheaper.

I'm sure there's plenty of non-league players even cheaper than Obika, but that's not really the point. Saving a couple of hundred quid a week won't do much use if we find ourselves back in L1 next season. Not saying BWP is the answer, but if we're gonna bring someone in to replace him, why couldn't it be someone who's better than him?..............................
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

He's finished at Charlton - CP doesn't rate him and thinks he's a League 1 player. He said so at the meet early in the season at Dartford FC.

I highly doubt he said that. More likely your interpretation of something else.