Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

North Lower

I do apologise if this has already been asked but what happened in the north lower midway through the second half?

Comments

• Options
    I was only eight or so rows in front, but am not really one to gawp or watch if anything kicks off. Apparently it was actually Charlton fans arguing amongst themselves, nothing to do with away fans as far as I know.
  • Options
    As said already, a couple accused the wrong group of being Millwall.

OB didnt help with their little camera in peoples faces...
  • Options
    It was a misunderstanding. The people involved all shook hands and that was the end of it.

As SE10 said, the OB didn't help by wading in. Thankfully after one of the ladies sitting up there explained to them what had happened and they were on there way.

Nothing to see here - move along.
  • Options
    Cheers just curious because it seemed the OB were enjoying running from the jimmy seed to the north lower, looked abit dodgy, thanks again
  • Options
    I see some mahoosive fella literally jumping across rows of people in the upper north to get a glimpse of what was happening
  • Options
    Apparently some little fella was going round punches other blokes arses and people took exception to it.
  • Options
    Saw him as well, mean looking mother.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Saw him as well, mean looking mother.

The mahoosive back clinger?

Or the little bum pincher?
  • Options
    Mahoosive, flat cap.
  • Options
    Slightly off-topic, but didn't want to start a new thread about it, apologies.

I was sitting in the North Upper, and saw a beer bottle come flying over my head after the second goal and down into the North Lower. The guy was hurled all sorts of abuse for such reckless behaviour, and rightly so. Did any body see it smash in the Lower, I do hope that no one was injured.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Total knobhead
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I saw it land. it just missed some people a few rows from the front. I didn't hear a smash (although I was in The Upper), so I presumed it was plastic.
  • Options
    Hope no one grasses the cock up who threw it cos that'd be well out of order
  • Options
    It hit a woman in the front row. No damage but she got soaked and it was crap behaviour
  • Options
    I'd be happy to see someone like that get a ban
  • Options
    Kiely#1 said:

Exactly .... One day someone will get seriously hurt
  • Options
    I saw the lucozade bottle get lobbed and JUST missed the lady in the front row. This was when Forde was down injured after Wilsons miss.
  • Options

Kiely#1 said:

Exactly .... One day someone will get seriously hurt
    Pretty sure someone ended up in a hospital a few seasons back because of a coin thrown from the North Upper.
  • Options
    Seen it a few times this season. Think it was at the end of the derby, sheff wed game thrown from the upper and land in the lower. Effin idiots are as thick as pig shyte
  • Options
    Kiely#1 said:

It hit a woman in the front row. No damage but she got soaked and it was crap beer

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Typical Charlton, throwing stuff that endangers our own fans! (not that it's right to throw things at opposing fans either).
  • Options
    My 9 year old boy sits with me in the North lower. Just as well we swerved this game.
  • Options
    It was thrown from back of m? block which is block next to me in north upper. I could not spot who exactly did it but a bottle was also thrown after final whistle by some lads, fcuking pathetic.
  • Options
    Aren't the beer bottles plastic? If so it wouldn't have smashed and wouldn't have hurt as much as glass. Not that it makes it right of course.

Seem to recall a Palace fan at Watford injuring a fellow supporter by chucking a seat.
  • Options
    I think the seat was made of plastic as well so wouldn't have hurt as much as glass either :-)
  • Options
    It only hit a plastic Watford fan too.
  • Options
    JT said:

I thought watford had carboard cut out fans they were so quiet
  • Options
    cs1986 said:

JT said:

I thought watford had carboard cut out fans they were so quiet
    Hello folks, not been here for a while. I was at the Watford game and the seat was thrown by a Palace fan and hit another Palace fan and his daughter. Both receivied treatment at the side of the pitch and had further treatment in Lewisham hospital later that night / Saturday morning. Dont know if the culprit has been caught, but i hope he will.
    On another note, theres lots of doom and gloom on here but if you look at the long term picture its not that bad. Staying in the Championship this season is a reasonable objective, and maybe consolidation next season. After that who knows...

• Options
    There's more to it than that Fishead.
  • Options
    Is there concern that the owners might up sticks and go? What is going on behind the scenes? Its just that, from the outside, it doesnt look too bad...you own your own ground (and its a fine stadium too) - back on the fateful day in May 2005, when i got into the Jimmy Seed stand the other 3 sides looked superb from where i was - packed and full of colour and noise. I understand the pitch need a bit of work, but that can be sorted. The team is good enough to stay up, your away form alone should do that. You have an academy which from what ive heard sounds good. You have a decent fan base, and better than average gates.
    I'm probalby over simplifying things and am too much of an optimist. I guess the long term depends on the generosity of the owners.