Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A New Valley Club

edited March 2007 in General Charlton
Just a thought.Who would like to see a new Valley club built? I think they could build this at the other side of the car park at the back of the west stand.Would be another drinking hole for us on match days and to be honest would not cost alot to build.How about a replica of the old one.

Comments

• Options
    Wasn't the Valley Club members-only?

I suppose the failed experiment with making Floyd's/ Bartrams CASC-members only might put the mockers on that, but then again Floyd's/ Bartrams is so bad they'd have to pay me a regular membership fee to get me to drink there.
  • Options
    They could introduce a scheme where you pay a monthly subscription to the club, some of the money could go to say, youth development and the rest a monthly draw for all the subscribers. That way you would get first dibs on entry to the club before the riff-raff, and maybe win some money. The Valley Club? Mmm, you could call the scheme Golden Valley or something like that...
  • Options
    I just think for names sake it would take off,and the fact that it is not attached to the structure of the ground as such would give it stand alone identity
  • Options
    Good idea Sco ...
    ... although if you switch it round I think Valley Golden has a better ring to it.
  • Options
    ah the old valley club...one of the teams i played sunday league football for...only the one season but we won the league that year...happy days...
  • Options
    just remembered going to a stag night there once when an ex-player was selling raffle tickets, walking around the tables at the front while the comedian was on...not a good idea...
  • Options
    Perhaps a more viable option would be to buy the Conservative or Liberal club in Charlton Church Lane and re-furb them.

Then launch as The Goalkeeper's Arms with photos of every player to have played in goal for the Addicks
  • Options
    youth they get enough money for that and do sod all with that.

I think it is a good idea but the membership should go towards the upkeep of the place and paying the staff wages nothing I repeat NOTHING should go to the club they have enough.
  • Options
    Yer but Chelsea would only come and burn it down.Seriously though I think it would be a great idea.
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]Just a thought.Who would like to see a new Valley club built?

Only if you could get Mike Bailey in to run it :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Need somewhere to store the flags innit
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Need somewhere to store the flags innit

how about we make the club out of the flags ?

'The Valley Teeppee'
  • Options
    The size of it, you could have a 5 floor building in it, and room for a garden
  • Options
    Do iKea do pubs too?
  • Options
    i dont think this will go down too well with residents of harvey gardens. if this is the sort of valley club you are referring to.
  • Options
    TRUST YOU TO PUT YOUR HOLIDAY PICS ON THIS THREAD