Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Will this ever happen?????

bbc.co.uk/london/content/articles/2008/03/06/greenwich_cafc_feature.shtml

I think it would take several years of Premiership stability before anymore redevelopment of the Valley.

Would we be able to fill a 31,000 capacity Valley every other week even if we were in the Prem??

Comments

• Options
    No point when we have a new purpose built stadium on the peninsular ;0)
  • Options
    Its a shame but no... If we could get up and stay up then sure, but really when you look at where we are and then you look at the quality of some of the prem teams I think we've had out time in the top flight unless significant investment comes in...
  • Options

We can use the Valley for reserve team matches like Real Madrid !
    ;-)

• Options
    Little chance, the ultimate scheme for a 40k stadium seemed vastly optimistic anyway, for a club that realistically will never be permanent members of the PL. Hopefully they'll give the East stand toilets a lick of paint instead!
  • Options
    We should be down sizing if anything.
  • Options
    Never.
  • Options
    That begs the question then, if we moved to a new stadium what capacity would it be? Smaller then the Valley???

• Options
    The Valley would be full in the Prem. See Fulham for evidence. But the prospect of that is remote. See our home form for evidence.
    I don't get why people think we would move when there is a fine stadium that is more than big enough for our current needs and a new one would cost much more than the entire group of companies is worth. ((Retires to the kitchen while the club announces that we will be ground-sharing the Toolbox to save money....)
  • Options

The Valley would be full in the Prem. See Fulham for evidence. But the prospect of that is remote. See our home form for evidence.
    I don't get why people think we would move when there is a fine stadium that is more than big enough for our current needs and a new one would cost much more than the entire group of companies is worth. ((Retires to the kitchen while the club announces that we will be ground-sharing the Toolbox to save money....)

Agree with this stick with The Valley, if we ever get back to the premeirship then maybe redevelop the south end of the ground (capacity upto 32,000 max) but no more.
  • Options

;-)

Real Madrid play their reserve matches at The Valley ? Why is this not publicised !!!!! Lack of communication again. I blame TJ.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    That article is 5 years old!

It says, "last updated: 07/03/2008"
  • Options

;-)

Real Madrid play their reserve matches at The Valley ? Why is this not publicised !!!!! Lack of communication again. I blame TJ.

No wonder the pitch is so knackered!
  • Options
    Thought i saw Benzema leaving the valley last week, then again he likes Charlton : P
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

CAFCTrev said:
    That article is 5 years old!

It says, "last updated: 07/03/2008"
    Errr yeah....hence "Will this ever happen??"...