Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Do you think we need someone attacking on our coaching staff?

Powell was a great defender
Roberts a decent keeper
Matthew was a decent defensive midfielder and defender I seem to recall
Dyer was.....a bit of a journeyman striker with an average of maybe 1 in 5 at best. Not doubting he is a decent coach.

But there's nobody there that can teach the art of threading the eye of a needle. Or be a potent finisher. I know players like that are as rare as a rocking horse poo (therefore coaches just as rare) but surely it's worth the investment to get someone who can teach the art of offensive play a bit better than "knock it long to the big fella and feed off his flicks"

Just my £0.02

Comments

• Options
    Bring in DiCanio,he is not doing anything.
  • Options
    Mendonca.
  • Options
    What's Claus Jensen doing nowadays?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Don't think it makes too much difference. Fuller has a lot of natural ability and has been around long enough to know how to perform in the Championship. Yann doesn't need any kind of special guidance and Haynes is the sort of player that just needs to focus on keeping himself fit.

The current management did an incredible job of getting so much out of an average striker like BWP last season.
  • Options
    what is owen up to next season?
  • Options

what is owen up to next season?

About 5 foot 4

• Options
    Ive never been convinced by Dyer as a coach, don't know why, don't have a reason.
    So I'm going to blame him.
  • Options
    it will be sorted when Gianluca Vialli becomes our manager in the summer.
  • Options
    Jason Euell is there in a coaching capacity to the youngsters, surely he can offer something?
  • Options
    There may be something in it tbh Haynes on instinct is a real threat but as with so many of our strikers In the past if given time to think one touch too many or one touch to heavy

That's what I like about Harriot he seems willing to try to unleash early but if needed he takes a lovely touch to set

Thing is he is a winger could he do a walcott in the future I think so but I doubt it will be for us
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I hate it when people aren't convinced or blame a coach as they are not coached by him so how can they know. I think it is becoming clear that the biggest thing to address to go up a few notches and be really competitive in this league is to be better offensively. That isn't just the forwards, but the whole team. lot's of wrong offensive options taken against Millwall IMO. Difference between attack petering out and getting somebody in!
  • Options
    The forwards are only as good as the service they get from midfield in most cases and we know how good our midfield is!

Lisbie could create for himself but couldn't finish.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Yes - Jack Bauer coming in as as an "advisor" could work. He is quite attacking and it seems we need a clear out.

Perhaps he could have a go at the midfield as well.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    <blockquote class="Quote" rel="dickplumb">Bring in DiCanio,he is not doing anything.</blockquote>

They said "someone attacking <b>ON</b> the coaching staff".
  • Options
    JT said:

Mendonca.

He's in Asda

• Options
    Steve Jones?
  • Options

JT said:

Mendonca.

He's in Asda

Or with Steve Jones ... In Tesco's ... as the case may be.
  • Options
    We need to bring in Kevin Keegan ... :-0
  • Options
    I'm all for someone attacking our coaching staff.
    They're frigging useless!
  • Options
    I remember someone saying that we used to pay good salaries for defenders , but not for strikers , maybe thats part of the problem.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mervyn Day?
  • Options
    Players like Yaan and Fuller are experienced enough to know how to attack.
    Cant see any coach coming influencing the way they play. They are set in there ways.

Midfield is a different story. They have not got a clue. Stephens could use a hand for sure.
  • Options

Mervyn Day?

the attacking goalkeeper?
  • Options
    I would make do with just someone attacking our coaching staff !