Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Upgrade is due

Phone upgrade is finally due, but I now have some tough decisions.

I am on T-Mobile at the moment, do I stick or twist?

Should I go 4G on EE?

If I go 4G, what phone should I get?

If I don't go 4G, what phone should I get?

I am looking at the HTC One, the Sony Xperia Z, the Samsung Galaxy S3, the LG Nexus 4, the Samsung Note 2, or do i wait for the Samsung Galaxy S4?

I use my phone a lot, so I will probably be on a 3GB 4G plan or an unlimited data plan, either way the costs are high enough to get almost all phones for free.

And no I don't want anything Apple

;-)

HELP!

Comments

• Options
    Wait and see what all the other networks do with 4G if you specifically want that.

If you want something now the Nexus 4 takes some beating with regards to price and what you get and its a bloody good phone (i have one) - just get it sim free from google direct...it makes so sense getting it on a contract.

The note 2 is impressive (also had that) but couldnt deal with the size for everyday use - for movies and the net it is immense.
  • Options
    Xperia Z is the nuts
  • Options
    csr_cafc said:

Wait and see what all the other networks do with 4G if you specifically want that.

If you want something now the Nexus 4 takes some beating with regards to price and what you get and its a bloody good phone (i have one) - just get it sim free from google direct...it makes so sense getting it on a contract.

The note 2 is impressive (also had that) but couldnt deal with the size for everyday use - for movies and the net it is immense.

Problem is I don't have the dosh laying around to buy a new phone, which is why I am tied to contracts right now.
    CAFCsayer said:

Xperia Z is the nuts

This was my first choice until EE delayed it on their network, and I have seen there has been some technical hitches so far, and sky go is not compatible with it yet with no promise from sky that it will be
  • Options
    T Mobile and Orange are EE.
  • Options
    edited March 2013

T Mobile and Orange are EE.

I know, but in contract terms EE still split it into "T-Mobile" and "Orange" for their 3G network, and "EE" for the 4G Network. As I am with T-Mobile, I can either stick with them, upgrade to the 4G network, "EE", or cancel everything and start again with a new operator
  • Options
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I'd seriously suggest looking for the best details on line rather than going through a network. Particularly the one you are with.

You'll be amazed at the deals you can get at the moment,
  • Options
    I have an Sony Xperia......love it. The camera is incredible and the phone in general is great to use. (Or get an iphone and make do with a sub-standard 2005 era camera...but hey it's an Apple product!)
  • Options
    Samsung s3 is the dogs boobies. Not sure what the s4 is like
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:

csr_cafc said:

Problem is I don't have the dosh laying around to buy a new phone, which is why I am tied to contracts right now.
    In that case plus if you want Sky Go compatibility get a Samsung S3/S4 as they tend to get Sky Go first. There are some decent deals to be had with the S3 right now also the HTC one looks a very decent phone and has some good contract deals on it at the mo.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Galaxy S4, HTC One, LG Nexus and S3 are all quicker than the iPhone <a href="http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/samsung-galaxy-s4-creams-competition-nearly-doubles-the-s3-in-benchmark-1139169">techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/samsung-galaxy-s4-creams-competition-nearly-doubles-the-s3-in-benchmark-1139169</a>
  • Options
    Samsung Galaxy S3 are great but the screens are a bit weak, mine looks like a mosaic now.
  • Options
    Buy yourself the LG Nexus 4 250 quid with a Giff gaff Sim 250 mins unlimited texts and data for 12 quid and non contract. Beats paying 30 odd a month and the phones paid for in little over a year.
  • Options
    I have a HTC one x and I'm very happy with it, the screen is amazing.
  • Options
    I have an S3 and it is the bollocks. The battery life is amazing.

Wife has just got an S3 mini which is also quality. Brilliant deal at Carphone Warehouse. Free phone, 21.00 a month 1gb data, unlimited texts and minutes and 125.00 instant cash back.
  • Options
    Have HTC Desire, good but unreliable. I'm waiting for a Huawei P2 from China hopefully cheap, then a sim only contract. Meant to be the dogs danglers.
  • Options
    S4 is out in a month, you know it makes sense.
  • Options
    If you got the dosh up front, get a sim only contract and buy the phone outright. Saved me about £100 over the course of contract.
  • Options
    Upgrade time. No Ta.
    Kept my HTC desire and got a month by month rolling contract for just over a fiver.
    Phone envy is right up there with Facebook and sky HD in the list of things I really can't be doing with in my life.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cheapest Nokia you can get, makes calls, texts. Even then you won't die without them.