Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pelton Arms - CAMRA Members

For the real ale loving members amongst us... are there any Camra members???

As if so and you like the Pelton its up for South East London Pub of the Year. You can only vote if you're a member.

http://www.selcamra.org.uk/poty/

Comments

• Options
    Great pub. Always got good music on there.
  • Options
    I'm not a Camra member but go to a lot of their beer festivals.

The Pelts is without a doubt my favourite pub in London, a great choice of beer and always changing. Myself and CHG go there before every game and Glenn Tilbrook's son Louis works behind the pumps and is a big Addicks fan like his old man. Doesn't get much better than that.

As Greenie says, the bands are top drawer.
  • Options
    Always enjoyed a pint or 2 in there when we lived in the area.
  • Options
    Best boozer in London.
  • Options
    CHG said:

Best boozer in London.

The Harp across from Charing Cross....definitely best in SE London
  • Options

CHG said:

Best boozer in London.

The Harp across from Charing Cross....definitely best in SE London
    Is it South London though? It's north of the river for a start. It was Camra's pub of the year for the whole of the UK recently wasn't it? Very unusual for a London pub to get it.

I wonder how they came up with the shortlist. There's a Wetherspoons pub on it, (Fox On The Hill) which is a surprise. No surprise to see the Royal Oak, Rake and Kings Arms there but good to see the Pelton Arms getting some recognition.

• Options
    The Harp is good, but doesn't have the music quality that the Pelts offers, nice beer though.
  • Options
    Pelton used to be my local - loved it
  • Options
    New Real Alehouse (The Door Hinge) opened up in Welling. First micropub in London by all accounts. All gravity kegs to keep to the original micropub concept. No poncy lagers/alcopops etc....
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Where is that in Welling?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A few doors down from the Rose & Crown. Used to be a corn stores I think then an electrical shop. Been open a week or two now.
  • Options

New Real Alehouse (The Door Hinge) opened up in Welling. First micropub in London by all accounts. All gravity kegs to keep to the original micropub concept. No poncy lagers/alcopops etc....

Isn't a 'micropub' what Zero Degrees is?
  • Options
    It's set to the concept laid out by a guy called Martyn Hillier apparently who initiated a cask conditioned ale only premises. Most of them seem to be in deepest Kent.