Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gus Poyet

Being very strongly linked with the reading job.

Surprising if he goes.

Comments

• I don't think any manager can get them out of the position they are in now, especially one who hasn't even managed in the Premier League before.

They would have been better off sticking with McDermott and would be better placed than anyone to bounce straight back up.

They didn't invest much in the team (£7 million), so I actually thought that was part of the plan all along. Clearly not!
  • Could sign for Reading as early as tomorrow according to some reports, compensation already agreed.
  • Is it a bigger job?
    I think Brighton could do very well over the next few years, Reading seem to be a bit panicky.
  • edited March 2013

Could sign for Reading as early as tomorrow according to some reports, compensation already agreed.

Hope so, could upset the Brighton apple cart before we play them :-D Scant regard for loyalty!
  • Reading are owned by some Russian Millionaire. Can see Poyet making a fair bit if he chooses to switch.
  • I'm sure he admitted that he wants the Chelsea job, not any time soon but in the future. I think the Reading job would be good if they were a steady mid table Prem side a la West Brom, Stoke etc, as a step up. However it looks like they'll be playing Championship football next season. Unless the move is for money I think he would be stupid to go there. He's done brilliantly at Brighton and they're definitely a club on the rise. They're the best side I've seen play against us this season, and with a few more additions in the summer they could be challenging for the auto spots. It would be nice to see Poyet being the man that takes them there.
  • Poyet to Reading, Curbs to Brighton - you heard it here first!

Praps
  • I don't think Curbs will manage again, he's been too long out of the loop.

Shame.
  • Brighton is one of Curb's ex clubs,he was well liked as a player there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Adkins or Di Matteo would be a good fit at Brighton. They need someone to carry on the good work of Poyet and let that side continue to play good, possession football. That isn't Curbs.
  • The Appleton picture never fails to make me chuckle.
  • buckshee said:

Poyet to Reading, Curbs to Brighton - you heard it here first!

Praps
    They would be nuts to be honest
  • Baffled that Poyet thinks Reading are bigger than Brighton.

16-1.
  • Not a hope in hell
  • Not a hope in hell

Of what? Gus going or Curbs joining? or both?

• Of both happening.
  • iainment said:

I don't think Curbs will manage again, he's been too long out of the loop.

Shame.

Yep
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2013
    BBC Sussex tweeted that they expect Poyet to remain a Seagull.

He can't go for both jobs .... can he?

• Only 90 minutes between stadiums. He could do an interview for the Reading job at 10 and be in Brighton by midday. ;o)
  • Only 90 minutes between stadiums. He could do an interview for the Reading job at 10 and be in Brighton by midday. ;o)

...having already resigned from Reading.

He can't go for both jobs .... can he?

Yep. Always has a plan B. That's why he's such a successful manager...
  • Not a hope in hell

Of what? Gus going or Curbs joining? or both?

Of either
  • Well, Reading are coming down. So who has the best chance of going up next year? Brighton or Reading? Reading have rich owners and £23m parachute money coming their way.
  • He's done a great job at Brighton, but things have stalled for them, like us and most other clubs they need a bit of cash being spent on them and some luck in unearthing a couple of cheap but good players. Reading could be a good job - if he gets the job and they stay up he'll be a hero and if not there's the parachute money to spend.
  • I think you're all Reading between the lines...................
  • He's turned it down, let's bookend it there shall we.