Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Unless the current owners are successful in securing new investment I would expect to see Solly sold this summer. They will need the cash to help finance the ongoing losses.
  • Options
    Donning flame retardant underpants as I type, but if the money is right this could be a good thing. He's taken to CCC level football quite well and is probably odds on for another PoTY trophy. He is capable of playing in the Premiership and if the stories of £7m a year losses are accurate we won't be seeing much get spent on new players unless we either get new, richer owners or we sell on one or two players. If Jordan Cousins can step up then we might already have his replacement at the club. If he goes then we'll just have to hope that the money is spent wisely.
  • Options

Unless the current owners are successful in securing new investment I would expect to see Solly sold this summer. They will need the cash to help finance the ongoing losses.

I think that is absolutely spot on. Looking at the first team squad it would really be only CS that's worth any serious money. Can't see Stephens attracting any attention even close to what it is reported Villa were offering. Hamer might be saleable if he can get his place and form back. If no investment or buy out takes place then I can understand the sale of Solly and although disappointed I can see the need.
  • Options
    If he did go, it would be with my best wishes. He never gives anything less than his best, and for all the moaning and criticism of the board, money talks, especially the money you desperately need and don't have.
  • Options
    Sad thing is, most of the current board would have had nothing to do with his development plan or more recent progress.

• Options
    PL54 said:

Sad thing is, most of the current board would have had nothing to do with his development plan or more recent progress.

I'm not sure how long he has on his current contract, but to be fair the club could have hawked him off before now.
  • Options
    Or continued to employ a manager that thought simon Francis was a better bet.
  • Options
    Let's ask him at the POTTY mouth awards.

5th biggest piss up in the cafc Calender I am told.
  • Options
    James May has been on some top gear if he thinks we are gonna sell Solly for £2m. Hammers haven't got the £5m I'd want.

• Options
    Not up to you
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2013
    I'm really not looking forward to this summer's transfer's window, I reckon we may end up selling quite a few of our better players if the money problems really are as bad as some say.
  • Options

I'm really not looking forward to this summer's transfer's window, I reckon we may end up selling quite a few of our better players if the money problems really as bad as some say.

Yes , its gonna be a long and lonely summer as the song goes, when has following Charlton ever been stress free?

• Options
    Not paying Fuller what we are reported to be paying him will help the P&L

And everything we saved by Millwall not trashing the away end.
  • Options
    If we have to sell I just hope we don't get mugged.
  • Options
    Is it true that we can let go of Fuller after this season?

The saving of the wages that we're paying him will probably mean we won't have to sell next season.
  • Options
    Sell solly, wiggins, morro, kerm, might aswell and see where we end up
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Sell solly, wiggins, morro, kerm, might aswell and see where we end up

err Shrewsbury, Oldham, Yeovil joy of joys
  • Options
    Every player has their price.
  • Options
    Yup, unfortunately this looks likely. The situation regarding finances, or lack of within the club, will dictate what happens in the summer and the selling of key players. If Solly does depart, then I wish him only well and hope he continues to make his mark in the game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't want to lose CS, but the fact is that every player has their price and Chris will move on at some stage as he is a potential premier league player.
    When that time comes we must make sure we get the right price.
    We insist on £5M up front plus add-ons .
  • Options
    Hope he stays for another crack with us next season, i think he is good enough already for the premiership but for his development it would be better for another season with us.
  • Options
    Oh yeah why would someone go from one selling club to another, would be mad as they will probably sell him once a bigger club comes calling. So might aswell stay till a top half team want him...

#wishful
  • Options
    he'll be off and we'll accept £2m for him
  • Options

Has this not always been Charlton though we sell our better players and hope that our manager finds suitable replacements
  • Options
    thats the same for virtually every club in the country, barring 1 or 2 every single club is a 'selling club'
  • Options

Seriously, why do you say we would accept that for our best player and most saleable asset?

• Options
    TJ played hardball with Stephens so he'll ask for more with Solly.

I'm still hopeful we'll find some investment before the summer
  • Options

Seriously, why do you say we would accept that for our best player and most saleable asset?

because IMO that'll be about the best offer we get for him.

• Options

because IMO that'll be about the best offer we get for him.

Because we are reported to be skint or you see that as his worth in the market?