Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Old bird on Countdown

13»

Comments

• Options
    LOL

Carol Vorderman is recovering after falling down stairs while wearing four-inch heels and breaking her nose.

The 52-year-old ex-Countdown star ended up in hospital and has been forced to cancel TV appearances following the accident.

Carol admitted that she feels "like a complete idiot" after she ran down the stairs with her hands in her pockets following a meeting in central London on Thursday.

The Loose Women presenter's boyfriend, ex-Red Arrows squadron leader Graham Duff, took her to hospital where she had surgery on her face.

TV presenter Carol, who has a plaster cast on her nose, said: "I feel OK but, because I had my hands in my coat pockets while I was running, I had nothing to break my fall except my head.

"I really do look like I've done eight rounds with Muhammad Ali.

"The bruising round my eye has reached its peak. I have stitches in my forehead and left eyelid."

Carol, who also presents Food Glorious Food, added: "I am just counting my blessings that I didn't damage my skull or the left eye itself..."
  • Options
    While falling the stairs, she hit two from the top and four from the bottom.
  • Options

Brilliant! LOL.

Feel sorry for poor old Carol though.
  • Options

PMSL you're on form Guinness.

• Options

TV presenter Anne Robinson is to be the new host of Countdown, Channel 4 have confirmed.

She will become the game show's first female host in its 39-year history when she replaces Nick Hewer later this year.

Robinson, 76, well known for her acerbic wit on BBC quiz show The Weakest Link, said she was "beyond thrilled" to be joining Countdown.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56069675

• Options
    She's 76?!
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    She's 76?!
    Would ya?
  • Options
    No
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    She's 76?!
    Had significant work done IIRC 
  • Options
    76? Bloody hell 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    76? Bloody hell 
    Mmmmm.......I like an older woman.
    Come to think of it, most of them are dead!
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    76? Bloody hell 
    Mmmmm.......I like an older woman.
    Come to think of it, most of them are dead!
    That's disgusting.
  • Options
    Her face looks.....well unrecognisable, just grow old gracefully. Can’t quiet understand why she has been given the job, not that I watch it. 
  • Options
    Her face looks.....well unrecognisable, just grow old gracefully. Can’t quiet understand why she has been given the job, not that I watch it. 
    Robinson's  age is probably in the same range as the majority of the tv audience ((:>)