Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton ghosts still doing it for Denmark...

Just watched the visiting Danes humiliate the Czechs 3-0 . Denis Rommedahl came on at 60 mins. Didn't do much but the game was already won. How many caps for him now? Must be around 110. Stefan Andersen in goal for them. Had nothing to do all night. But did it well :-) Coach is still Morten Olsen, the guy who called Curbs out for not playing Andersen.

And the moral of this story? Curbs was our greatest manager in my lifetime. But he clearly didn't get everything right. Morten Olsen would probably say " Alan who? "

Matej Vydra was one of the better players in an abysmal Czech team

Comments

• Options
    We're back in it. Thrilled with the 2nd half. Lots of youngsters. Looks promising.
    If we beat Bulgaria home in Copenhagen next week, we might just grab the playoff spot.
  • Options
    Yes, if you are Danish you must have been well pleased. That striker who scored your first is a big awkward lump, isn't he?

But what did Denis actually do? I could not even work out what position he was playing.

Is Stefan Andersen Denmark's regular no1? Who does he play for now?
  • Options
    Cornelius is only 20 years old. Top scorer in the Danish Superleague for FC Copenhagen (scum).
    Hopefully with a bit more brain (and talent) than Bendtner. Long time ago we've had someone up front looking this promising.
    Stefan Andersen is our regular no. 1, but Kasper Schmeichel and Lindegaard aren't far behind.
  • Options
    Cornelius is only 20 years old. Top scorer in the Danish Superleague for FC Copenhagen

Should Charlton sign him?
  • Options
    Danepak said:

Cornelius is only 20 years old. Top scorer in the Danish Superleague for FC Copenhagen (scum).
    Hopefully with a bit more brain (and talent) than Bendtner. Long time ago we've had someone up front looking this promising.
    Stefan Andersen is our regular no. 1, but Kasper Schmeichel and Lindegaard aren't far behind.

Only 20, eh? Really impressed, an absolute beast last night.

Just from his appearance, he looks like someone who might have to watch his weight, but that's pure speculation on my part.

Definitely would do well in England, an old fashioned English style centre - forward, but already well above Charlton's pay level, sorry to say, Rob...

• Options
    I really rated Stefan Andersen, was gutted to see him leave.
  • Options

I really rated Stefan Andersen, was gutted to see him leave.

Me too

• Options
    There is talk here in Copenhagen that the DBI might be forced to drop the ticket prices for the match against Bulgaria due to the initially slow uptake. That result last night (against the Czechs) would have helped mind.

Cornelius will be snapped up next season. I can see him going to Holland or Germany but not England (and definitely not Charlton unfortunately).

I would probably compare him to The NZ and Leicester striker Chris Wood. Their style of play is the same and they are a similar age.
  • Options
    Chris Wood. Imagine if he'd scored on that chance against Italy with 7 mins to go. So close. Would have been the biggest upset ever in a World Cup.
  • Options
    I think a lot of people thought we binned Andersen too quickly. I could see why Curbs initially dropped him because his form did tail off a bit after a bright start, but I think he was worth persevering with for a bit longer. Curbs was pretty stubborn a bout sticking by players a lot of people didn't rate too highly (Lisbie, Hughes & Kish to name a few) so it was a bit weird he gave he dumped a stalwart like Deano in order to give Andersen a chance and then so quickly changed his mind about Andersen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Andersen was in terrible form when Curbs dropped him and had dropped a few clangers that cost us goals.

I'm pretty sure he was offered another contract but threw a tantrum after he was dropped and buggered off to Brondby on a free.
  • Options
    I was on the plane with him the day he signed for Brondby