Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Casualty of a Casualty star

Casualty actor has part of his EAR bitten off during row at a Travelodge 'after asking guests to keep noise down'

A 32-year-old man has been charged with wounding with intent

Former Casualty actor Clive Mantle has had part of his ear bitten off during an alleged attack in Newcastle.

The actor, who is known for playing general surgeon Mike Barrett in the long-running BBC medical drama, had to have the top part of his right ear sewn back on by surgeons following the incident.

According to reports, the 55-year-old's agent said it took place at the Travelodge, in Foster Street, Newcastle.

Mr Mantle was allegedly attacked at the Travelodge in Newcastle's Quayside area

Mr Mantle, who played Mike Barratt in the BBC drama, was involved in the incident after asking other guests at the hotel to keep the noise down

A spokesman for his agent, London-based Sarahband Associates, said Mr Mantle, who also stars in HBO's Game Of Thrones, had asked other guests in the hotel to keep the noise down, according to the BBC.

The spokesman said: 'He is very shaken and shocked by what has happened, you don't expect this kind of thing to happen in a hotel.

'The part of the ear that was bitten off was found and sewn back on. Mr Mantle said the police, ambulance and hospital staff were amazing.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2298887/Clive-Mantle-Casualty-actor-EAR-bitten-row-Travelodge-asking-guests-noise-down.html#ixzz2OZhNdhh3

Comments

• Ear ear.
  • A few of us stayed there before the Newcastle-Addicks game about 10 years ago. Everyone in the bar was concentrating on the late film on channel 5 (for purely aesthetic reasons I should add) rather than eating each other.
  • Strange i was in gateshead travelodge this weekend which is 5 mins away from this one !
    Small world .
  • Strange i was in gateshead travelodge this weekend which is 5 mins away from this one !
    Small world .

Cool story. ;-)

Small world .

Cool story. ;-)

Ha ha , i don't know why i mentioned it tbh ! Just feels weird to me
  • A few of us stayed there before the Newcastle-Addicks game about 10 years ago. Everyone in the bar was involved in the late filming of a film to be shown on channel 5 which involved eating each other.

Changed to make story more believable

• Sounds like he bit of more than he could chew.......................
  • A few of us stayed there before the Newcastle-Addicks game about 10 years ago. Everyone in the bar was involved in the late filming of a film to be shown on channel 5 which involved eating each other.

Changed to make story more believable

Yes a remake of Get a la Carter

• We were going to stay in that travel lodge for our traditional lads old blokes weekend away for the last away game of the season trip

But it was too expensive so we are staying in Gateshead Travel Lodge instead.

Lucky escape by the sounds of it.
  • Sponsored links:

• We were going to stay in that travel lodge for our traditional lads old blokes weekend away for the last away game of the season trip

But it was too expensive so we are staying in Gateshead Travel Lodge instead.

Lucky escape by the sounds of it.

Exactly where we stayed , right next to a kfc and asda , nice place tbh right by the river too.

Whatever you do thoe don't order a taxi from newcastle they charge much more , use 5 star taxi's (Gateshead Based)

Also st James park is only a few minutes away, it's worth a look at !
  • Cheers Ad
  • Also, don't walk across the swing bridge at 4am, singing yipee i a yipee i o.
  • Cheers Ad

No worries !
    Also check out the receptionist, she is a right sort !
  • Hope he does'nt wear glasses.
  • Hope he does'nt wear glasses.

Pmsl
  • Don't know where he gonna stick his steffoscope now?