Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Montenegro Manager

Just seen the manager of Montenegro accusing England of being arrogant. Is this just because the FA have been looking to play Argentina in a friendly on the dates set aside for the play-offs, or is there more to it?

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2013
    He also stated we play long ball football, which is incorrect when looking at the stats.

Standard tactics of trying to upset us and put us off our game. All he's doing is making himself look like a bit of a mug and Roys having none of it.
  • Options
    The media are making it seem as though we're playing Brazil.
    Montenegro are 7/2 for the win, i hope we smash them.
  • Options
    Way OTT reaction to this game, if we dont beat Montenegro we don't deserve to go anyway!

They aren't good, it would be like Charlton playing Spurs last season when we were league 1. I'd expect England to win 9/10 and draw the other
  • Options
    They've got some decent players, and it'll be a hostile atmosphere, but we should be winning these games.

However, we should have beaten Ukraine at home and Poland away, but we didnt. It'll be a tricky fixture but i reckon we'll win 2-0.
  • Options
    Agreed that the media are making this fixture to be harder than it actually is. Good on Roy for actually coming out and saying that he's not sure why everyone is lauding this as the big banana skin.

Guarantee that the media will still rumors straight after the game about how Chelsea, Man United, City etc are trying to buy Jovetic and Vucinic - when in reality, hardly anyone gave a rats arse about them until this game came up!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
  • Options
    Pretty stupid trying to arrange fixtures that clash with the playoffs. Writing the opposition's team talk.
  • Options
    To be fair to him Jovetic is a decent player from what bits and pieces I have seen of him, but no way is he a game changer, we should beat them 4-1
  • Options
    Mind games...
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I dont really see how arranging a friendly for then can be seen as arrogant?

Pretty sure thats an International Break in November anyway, so if we have already qualified then we will require a friendly. If we havent then the game with Argentina is just postponed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Pretty sure thats an International Break in November anyway, so if we have already qualified then we will require a friendly. If we havent then the game with Argentina is just postponed.

That was my thinking too, but I guess it could be misconstrued?
  • Options
    The population of Montenegro is only 600k, it's ridiculous how good they are and that's not even taking in to account how long they've played as a single country. Only the media is being arrogant to them, although the pre-qualifying stage bollocks on here was pretty arrogant IMO.
  • Options

Agreed. When you have a fixture that requires international travel and a potential crowd of 90,000 you're going to need to make arrangements early on.
  • Options
    Vucinic and Jovetic both very good strikers be interesting to see how they do, ex- Man City defender Savic in the team as well. Won't matter whatever the result as England still have no chance of winning the World Cup.
  • Options
    Savic is terrible
  • Options
    I don't think Montenegro are as good as people are making out.
  • Options
    Where is Kezman
  • Options

Vucinic and Jovetic both very good strikers be interesting to see how they do, ex- Man City defender Savic in the team as well. Won't matter whatever the result as England still have no chance of winning the World Cup.

Well if that's the case then I'll stop going Charlton as we're not going to win the Premier League next year.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Well if that's the case then I'll stop going Charlton as we're not going to win the Premier League next year.
    Good point, well made. In fact why bother with the tournament at all, lets just give the trophy to Spain to keep and save an awful lot of money...
  • Options
    Not if they keep drawing with countries like Finland.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dizzle said:

Where is Kezman

he is retired...

and Serbian.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Dizzle said:

Where is Kezman

he is retired...

and Serbian.
    Yeah, okay, but other than that... :-D
  • Options

Kezman played for Serbia and Montenegro (one team), so the question was not that unreasonable.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Yeah but where is he?

Edit: Thanks @SheffieldRed
  • Options

They've got some decent players, and it'll be a hostile atmosphere, but we should be winning these games.

However, we should have beaten Ukraine at home and Poland away, but we didnt. It'll be a tricky fixture but i reckon we'll win 2-0.

Poland away we were cack and were lucky to escape with a draw, they should have buried us! Montenegro are no mugs and if England don`t put in a shift they will lose!

• Options

The population of Montenegro is only 600k, it's ridiculous how good they are and that's not even taking in to account how long they've played as a single country. Only the media is being arrogant to them, although the pre-qualifying stage bollocks on here was pretty arrogant IMO.

Assuming you're referring to my recent thread, San Marino's defeat was their 51st consecutive in qualifying matches. Right there in that stat is the reason for suggesting that they may not be suitable opposition for 'mainstream' international football (for want of a better expression).

You take a different view, which you are entitled to of course, but my view is nothing to do with being arrogant at all and to suggest that teams like them are up to playing fully competitive internationals is also bit b*****ks patronising not?

Montenegro are of course a different kettle of fish and have a long history and players playing in the top leagues in Europe albeit their population is very small.