Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

walkers crisps

2»

Comments

• Options
    McCoys are the biz .. and try Asda, Sainsbury, in fact any of the big four own brand corn chips .. 1/3 of the price of Doritos and I defy anyone to tell le difference
  • Options
    Oakster said:

anybody else make crisp sandwiches?

Ready salted or cheese and onion with marmite. Always hits the spot!
  • Options

...salt and vinegar goes in a blue bag!

• Options
    edited March 2013
    <blockquote class="Quote" rel="Oakster">anybody else make crisp sandwiches?</blockquote>

cheese sandwich filled with mini cheddars and quavers.
  • Options
    Seabrooks....crisps don't get any better!
  • Options
    A fresh baked white mini loaf hollowed out, stuffed with crisps and salad cream, squashed down hard with the heel of your palm, then stuffed into your face in as few bites as possible. Magic!
  • Options
    Did you know that Proctor & Gamble tried to argue at a Tribunal that Pringles weren't wholly or mainly made of potato?

FACT.
  • Options
    Bring back Burton's Potato Puffs! They used to explode with potato flavour and cost less than crisps... probably didn't comply with EU requirements.
  • Options
    Give me McCoys over flavourless Walkers any day!
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Did you know that Proctor & Gamble tried to argue at a Tribunal that Pringles weren't wholly or mainly made of potato?

FACT.

The whole Pringles thing is amazing, a triumph of clever marketing people. Designed as a way of using up the scraps, it's sold as a top-of the range product. Manufactured by a conglomerate normally associated with cleaning materials it's sold under a name which is a contraction of P&G to give it a friendly old-time family feel. Genius.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Although not technically a crisp but a corn based snack, I only ever eat Smith's salt and vinegar chipsticks.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Stig said:

Off_it said:

FACT.

The whole Pringles thing is amazing, a triumph of clever marketing people. Designed as a way of using up the scraps, it's sold as a top-of the range product. Manufactured by a conglomerate normally associated with cleaning materials it's sold under a name which is a contraction of P&G to give it a friendly old-time family feel. Genius.
    I've leant something today .. the genesis/genius of Pringles !!! .. I have always been interested in how some folk will pay top money for a crisp that comes in a tube which probably costs more to manufacture than the contents. Is the potato v corn debate a matter of vat or non-vatable ?
  • Options
    Stig said:

Off_it said:

FACT.

I thought that, in legal terms, p&g aren't allowed to call Pringles 'crisps' as a crisp must be a potato slice, whereas Pringles are reformed potato sludge. I quite like them though, all things considered!

Think the best Crisps are local Crisp Tavern, love these always full of flavour

I agree with this - Tavern Snacks of SE7. Support your local independent business!

Seabrooks Crisps are good too, although made in Bradford so not exactly local. However they are very tasty!
    Seabrooks are good - Canadian Ham flavour especially, but nothing beats a bag of Brannigans Beef and Mustard!
    Their Canadian Ham and Pickled Onion flavours are the nuts. I once asked a Canadian girl if there some way of cooking ham unique to Canada that made it a suitable subject for a crisp flavour. Needless to say, she was nonplussed!
  • Options
    Bring back Tudor crisps!!
  • Options

Stig said:

Off_it said:

FACT.

I've leant something today .. the genesis/genius of Pringles !!! .. I have always been interested in how some folk will pay top money for a crisp that comes in a tube which probably costs more to manufacture than the contents. Is the potato v corn debate a matter of vat or non-vatable ?
    Potato crisps, etc = VATable
    Other crisps, etc = non- VATable

So if you're feeling peckish and want to do a bit of tax avoidance, it's Doritos over Pringles every time!

And of course, the non-VATable stuff isn't 20% cheaper.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

This.

• Options
    Off_it said:

Stig said:

Off_it said:

FACT.

Potato crisps, etc = VATable
    Other crisps, etc = non- VATable

So if you're feeling peckish and want to do a bit of tax avoidance, it's Doritos over Pringles every time!

cheers for the info Offy
  • Options
    Isn't it just UK and Ireland that has proper flavours? Whenever I've eaten crisps abroad they've always been salted or paprika, which I find doesn't have enough punch. Like the way in Spain that crisps are served with your food like a vegetable. Eat far too many of them anyway, it's the first thing I cut out when i want to lose weight (well that and Bombay Mix).