Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

left wing militants at it again........

just seen that Post office workers are going on strike tomorrow over pay, pensions and job losses. I was planning on popping into the Swanley one tomorrow as my driving licence needs renewing and i've also got a few large parcels to post off.

b****y left wingers spoiling it all for everyone. Moaning they haven't had a pay rise for 2 yrs..........should think themselves lucky they have a job. 4 years ago I had to change from being employed to self employed and initially my earnings fell by over 70% (admittidly from a very good couple of years) and I'm currently earning what I was during the late 1990's.

rant over.

Comments

• Options
    Zzzzzzzzzzzz Bore off
  • Options
    um...don't you mean 'postal workers at it again'? like many other public-sector workers they do hold a fairly drastic bargaining chip, which goes to show just how terrible the situation for private-sector workers is, that this would seem like 'left wing militancy' in comparison
  • Options
    Anyone for popcorn :D
  • Options
    Sweepstake anyone?

Usual suspects along anytime soon :P
  • Options
    on Easter Saturday ? .. no-one will notice (except for GA)
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Come on you Reds!
  • Options
    Bloody lefties, how dare they want a decent wage and a bit of security.
  • Options
    As most Post Office counters are franchised out I'm sure you can find one open tomorrow.
  • Options
    Poxy post offices

I went to 4 different high street ones to do the check and send service to be told no we don't do it and not one could tell me where I could

Ended up in walthamstow Where they done it

Couldn't give two shits if they closed for good

• Options

Poxy post offices

I went to 4 different high street ones to do the check and send service to be told no we don't do it and not one could tell me where I could

Ended up in walthamstow Where they done it

Couldn't give two shits if they closed for good

It sounds like you could.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So you're moaning that other people are moaning about their working situation whilst also moaning about your working situation. Impressive.
  • Options

just seen that Post office workers are going on strike tomorrow over pay, pensions and job losses.

The buggers should work for nothing, die when they can't work any more, and should arrive at 5am each morning and stand around waiting to see if theres a job to do.
    Thats what happens in the private sector.
    And with Horses.
    And they're blimmin lucky to get all that much at the taxpayers expense.
    Bring back hanging, mind you that's too good for 'em.
    Plebs.

• Options
    lol
  • Options
    As I have said before........I dare anyone to swap their company pension scheme (be it final salary, career average or even money purchase) for a private pension that you have to fund yourself.

any takers................ ???
  • Options
    So the post office is restricting pay rises, changing the pension arrangements and laying off staff.

What do you want the people effected to do - roll over and have their tummies tickled?

It's what Unions do - to try and protect their members rights.
  • Options

As I have said before........I dare anyone to swap their company pension scheme (be it final salary, career average or even money purchase) for a private pension that you have to fund yourself.

Get a job in the public sector then.
  • Options
    redsek said:

Get a job in the public sector then.
    Exactly what I was going to say. We don't have a caste system - you get to choose who you work for.
  • Options
    edited March 2013

Instead of whining about how little you are earning and moaning about decent working people who are trying to save their jobs and pensions go out and get yourself a better job and give us all a break.
  • Options
    I used to be on the side of the worker and was in a Union when I worked for the Prudential - actually represented our office at the annual conference in 2000............so stick that in your pipe & smoke it !!!!!!!

Just think that some workers don't know what it is like on the other side of the fence..........
  • Options

...Just think that some workers don't know what it is like on the other side of the fence..........

Is that the side of the fence with fair pay and pensions and no job losses?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Great post Golfie and a first class rant. We taxpayers should stamp out all these strikes. Unfortunately, it's part & parcel of todays society.......................
  • Options
    Shocking idea that workers should get together to resist cuts in their pay and conditions. And how dare they stand up to post Office management, who have shown in their running of the service over the last few years what a good job they are doing. It's not like the cost of using it has massively gone up while the service has got worse, is it?
    I looked this up on the CWU's website and it seems a bit of "too little too late". Most crown offices in SE London have already gone into keeping WH Smiths afloat. My Dad's stopped going to the one in Bexleyheath as the queues take 45 minutes and the lift is regularly out of order. If only there'd been some left wing militants prepared to fight that one.... where are they when you need them.... rarer than a home win....
  • Options
    I couldn't u boat I would open the postal service up to privatisation then you could bet that all 4 post offices I went too would be more than happy to take the money I was offering to give them for the service I wanted

These were not little post offices in shops they were main post offices

Postal service in this country has gone to the dogs needs sorting out and the only way is to become privately owned
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    You have got to be kidding NLA. Privatisation might work for big companies that can negotiate decent rates with courier firms, but the rest of us will get shafted. How many courier firms will redeliver at the weekend like Royal Mail does? And don't get my started on bloody Yodel. As for the poor sods who live in the arse end of nowhere, they will be lucky to get a delivery a couple of times a week.
  • Options
    NLA. uou say the post office has gone to the dogs but is this because of the government, the management or the workers?
  • Options
    edited March 2013

Great post Golfie and a first class rant. We taxpayers should stamp out all these strikes. Unfortunately, it's part & parcel of todays society.......................

What a sack of shit
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Everybody slags off people by comparing with themselves nowadays. I find it pathetic but the government relies on this as it tries to divide and rule. Remember the sketch in The life of Brian - ' You lucky, lucky bastard.........what I wouldn't give to be spat at in the face!' That was aimed at people like Golfaddick.

Nobody seems to be put out at all that millionaires are doing well out of the crisis, with most getting richer with government tax changes. Incredible- surely it isn't left wing militancy to want a fairer society.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EI7p2p1QJI&playnext=1&list=PL36524A187A9E2B94&feature=results_main
  • Options
    Nice one Saga!

As pointed out elsewhere, no one forces you to be self employed. I did it, it didn't work out - mainly due to forces beyond my control - but I don't resent anyone else fighting their corner, even when it inconveniences me. I try to look at the bigger picture. The world does not revolve around me.
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:
    This - but why can't people see it for what it is. Are we really so nasty as a nation?