Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Look out ! Look out ! There's a Fanny about !

2»

Comments

• Gammysnr said:

JJ. Without his goals we'd be down by now.

Very good point.
  • RedChaser said:

Fanny - if you're going to Barnsley and if it's not too late to vote can you bring up a couple of forms for me and the Lass, I'll find you.

Definitely ,LL. See you there.

Serious question FF why can't those far away addicks like LL vote electronically?
    Why can't we all vote electronically? It would help stop any chicanery.
  • Leon Cort for the win (Long story!)
  • edited March 2013
    waldo said:

Gammysnr said:

JJ. Without his goals we'd be down by now.

Very good point.
    Without Solly we'd have been down by the end of January :-)

Jackson scores a goal & has a good game & he's suddenly propelled from a player who is "not good enough for the Championship" according to many, to suddenly being POTY.

I think the heady heights of a Saturday home win has gone to some people's heads. Has everyone forgotten him "running in concrete boots" for most the season etc etc.

No offence intended, but come on people.
  • people say ' without JJ's goals we'd be down by now'. By that reckoning then a defender or goalie is never gonna win POTY ad whoever scores the most goals will win it. But we have a history of the opposite, it's invariably a defender or keeper. Jonny Humprey, Rufus, Nicky Johns, Scott Carson, Solly etc tc the list is endless. So much so that neither Super Clve or Andy Hunt won it. However, saying that, it's player of the season and I can't look further than Chris Solly. And I couldn't pick a runner up as their is no-one worthy of that accolade in my opinion, including JJ who has blown more cold than hot and had a few shockers or Pritchard who too had been very in and out
  • JJ has probably had the most impact performances, when you can trace an improvement mid-game to his performance. But Solly has never been less than good, and often more than that, every single minute of every game he's played. Got to be Solly for me.
  • waldo said:

RedChaser said:

Fanny - if you're going to Barnsley and if it's not too late to vote can you bring up a couple of forms for me and the Lass, I'll find you.

Serious question FF why can't those far away addicks like LL vote electronically?
    Why can't we all vote electronically?
    Cost

• Jacko. Solly. Kermo. In that order.
  • Solly again our going away present
  • RedChaser said:

The question was asked when we first got involved in the organisation 2 years ago .

I'm pretty sure that the answer was that it was too difficult/time consuming/costly to set up. But please don't quote me on this - all I remember was that it was a definite "no".

• Sponsored links:

• Fair enough it's just that in this day and age of computers and iphones, electronic communication would have been the way to go. Presumably you and a number of volunteers with clipboards record the votes and collate them which seems a bit steam driven and random (not a criticism just an observation). At least it is a pen and paper rather than hammer, chisel and block of stone :0) Oh well perhaps some 'techies' on here could offer up an opinion for future polls.
  • RedChaser said:

Fair enough it's just that in this day and age of computers and iphones, electronic communication would have been the way to go. Presumably you and a number of volunteers with clipboards record the votes and collate them which seems a bit steam driven and random (not a criticism just an observation). At least it is a pen and paper rather than hammer, chisel and block of stone :0) Oh well perhaps some 'techies' on here could offer up an opinion for future polls.

Exactly but t's not the Club it's the Fans Forum collecting the votes.

If people want electronic voting then fine but offer to set up and pay for the system and find a method that is 1. Open to all fans 2 not open to abuse by non fans or multiple voters.

For me I can vote in the Lib with the slip from my ST. Sorted.
  • Can't look any further than Solly, or Leon Clarke.
  • edited April 2013

RedChaser said:

Fair enough it's just that in this day and age of computers and iphones, electronic communication would have been the way to go. Presumably you and a number of volunteers with clipboards record the votes and collate them which seems a bit steam driven and random (not a criticism just an observation). At least it is a pen and paper rather than hammer, chisel and block of stone :0) Oh well perhaps some 'techies' on here could offer up an opinion for future polls.

If people want electronic voting then fine but offer to set up and pay for the system and find a method that is 1. Open to all fans 2 not open to abuse by non fans or multiple voters.

As a former fans director I never had you down as an 'I'm alright Jack type' :-)

No chance I suppose of the club allowing the 'CON Number' data base to be used which being password protected would be less open to abuse than the current system, that makes it difficult for the likes of Lancs and other far afield addicks to vote. As I'm a bit of a technophobe and don't have any spare cash to throw at the problem I'm out. I'll keep Fanny and her band of volunteers, who do a great job, busy next Saturday then with a vote for Chris Solly several times :-D
  • Hope it dont rain

A soaking wet fanny outside the ground could be a distraction
  • Can't recall the last time a fanny showed any interest in me, so look forward to this..................
  • I think it's an easy choice. Solly has been played at left back for much of the season and didn't look uncomfortable at all. He is class every single week. By far the best player we have and so consistent. I don't see anyone challenging him for our POTY
  • Hope it dont rain

A soaking wet fanny outside the ground could be a distraction

Ah, those were the days, NLA ...

• I'll be keeping a keen eye out for Fanny - wet or not. If she has a ready slot available then I'll insert my ballot.
  • Sponsored links:

• Survey monkey could do it, works on ip address and computer not infallable but enough for this, praps next year :)
  • edited April 2013
    razil said:

Survey monkey could do it, works on ip address and computer not infallable but enough for this, praps next year :)

Nice one razil you may just have got yourself another Trust member.
  • Good lad/man/chap
  • RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

As a former fans director I never had you down as an 'I'm alright Jack type' :-)

No chance I suppose of the club allowing the 'CON Number' data base to be used which being password protected would be less open to abuse than the current system, that makes it difficult for the likes of Lancs and other far afield addicks to vote. As I'm a bit of a technophobe and don't have any spare cash to throw at the problem I'm out. I'll keep Fanny and her band of volunteers, who do a great job, busy next Saturday then with a vote for Chris Solly several times :-D
    No, no chance whatsoever.

• Off_it said:

I'll be keeping a keen eye out for Fanny - wet or not. If she has a ready slot available then I'll insert my ballot.

Sadly no slot in evidence on Saturday, Offy ....just a clitboard , oops, clipboard.

I'll have at least 1 grandchild with me so please be discreet .