Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Callum Harriott

Comments

• Options
    Shaun Newton? Just hope he doesn't get the excitement trained out of him like Shaun did.
  • Options
    WSS said:

Shaun Newton? Just hope he doesn't get the excitement trained out of him like Shaun did.

I was thinking Shsun Newton too.
  • Options
    WSS said:

Shaun spent too much time, on the white line, instead of cutting in.
  • Options

Not as good as everyone is making out in my opinion, yes it's exiting because we have a young player coming through but I still don't believe he's a championship player, he'll get found out.

Nonsense,I have seen a lot of Callum and he will only get better.His decision making needs improvement but he has the basic attributes,speed,ability to go past people,powerful shot.Interested to know how many times you have seen him play and why you think he won't make it as a Championship player.

• Options

WSS said:

Shaun spent too much time, on the white line, instead of cutting in.
    I've seen many a decorator lose his way because of a liking for a 'livener'.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Not as good as everyone is making out in my opinion, yes it's exiting because we have a young player coming through but I still don't believe he's a championship player, he'll get found out.

Nonsense,I have seen a lot of Callum and he will only get better.His decision making needs improvement but he has the basic attributes,speed,ability to go past people,powerful shot.Interested to know how many times you have seen him play and why you think he won't make it as a Championship player.

4 times now. I thin everyones opinions on him are much higher because he's young and coming through. I believe one season out on loan at a league 1 club would help him
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    He's got a lot of potential and training and playing with the first team will be doing him good. Whether or not he stays in the team next year depends on who, if anybody, comes in in summer. At the moment we dont have the luxury of keeping him in development. IMO.
  • Options
    I think those who have seen him play for the youths will have a higher opinion of what he can achieve.
  • Options

dickplumb said:

4 times now. I thin everyones opinions on him are much higher because he's young and coming through. I believe one season out on loan at a league 1 club would help him
    He's worked hard to get his breakthrough, lets hope he keeps playing as well as he has, improving and keeping his place in the first team.

• Options
    On Saturday he kicked the ball straight into a defender on numerous occassions , far too many for my liking
    But he was prepared to have a go, so hopefully he'll learn to calm down and wait for the right opportunities
    But only time will tell he could be a kyle reid or a good read(his too slim to be andy reid)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Been saying for ages that Jackos tendancy to drift inside leaves the fullback exposed and the central players lose options. Glad it's been addressed and Jacko is a more effective player in the middle. As for Callum he just looks like someone who is loving getting his chance. Not the kind of player that Premiership teams seem to favour at the moment so hopefully we'll get a few seasons out of him.
  • Options
    Looks like he has pace, a powerful shot, skill and a desire to work hard - tracked back a lot yesterday. For a young lad who has played 4 games I think that is pretty bloody good. Excited for him, his decision making needs to improve but that is the same for every young lad that starts in their career so will come in time.
  • Options

The 1st player in a Charlton shirt in a few years who has me on the edge of my seat everytime he has the ball. Hope we are not putting too much pressure on him but the boy could be something special. Hope we keep hold of him

Djimi Taore used to have me on the edge of my seat...but for different reasons.
  • Options
    Very much like Shaun Newton good call that. I hope he comes on to be as good or if not better as Shaun. I think he could do.
  • Options
    Get him a new deal!
  • Options
    Callumcafc,
    Is your surname Harriott by any chance?
  • Options
    Haha, I wish! He's living my childhood dream and he's the first Charlton regular to be younger than me. :-(
  • Options

dickplumb said:

He's the best winger at the club. Unless we can bring in better I don't see any reason to send him on loan.
  • Options

He's the first Charlton regular to be younger than me. :-(

Ah, an important rite of passage for any football fan!

• Options

dickplumb said:

He's the best winger at the club. Unless we can bring in better I don't see any reason to send him on loan.
    He's the fastest winger.

He maybe the trickiest winger

He has yet to prove he's the best winger and until he add some goals and assists to his game he won't.

Great prospect, great to watch, works hard, tracks back, full of energy.

Hope that he just needs time to improve. Not had an "easy" opponent and we've not been playing the most offensive game so too early to judge him either way.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

dickplumb said:

He's the fastest winger.

He has yet to prove he's the best winger and until he add some goals and assists to his game he won't.

Hope that he just needs time to improve. Not had an "easy" opponent and we've not been playing the most offensive game so too early to judge him either way.
    You're probably right Henry but at the moment I can't see any of our other wingers ousting him. Can you ? Neither Waggy and Green have grasped their chances and when given and IMHO I doubt either are good enough for this division based on the evidence I have seen. Of course CH might lose form or his way but at the moment I think he is in the box seat on merit and performance.

• Options
    Waggy did very well playing out of position on the left for four or five games then got dropped.

Different type of player to Harriott though and really a right sided player so both could play.

Green off to Sunderland in the summer : - )
  • Options

dickplumb said:

He's the fastest winger.

He's the best winger...
  • Options
    Was worried he would be released and lose his way after hearing so many great things about him, like a few in the past eg McCafferty etc.

Glad to see hes grabbed his chance and hopefully he wont turn out like lloyd sam, who had a lot of promise at first but never really "pushed on" and worked on his decision making and crossing.
  • Options
    Trying not to big the lad up too much and put too much pressure on his shoulders , but if his split second decision making can improve , ie when to deliver a pass , put a decent cross or through ball then we could have a decent player on our hands.

One of the crosses he put in last night i thought how did he get that over ?

Would love to see him put in the bullets for the Kerminator to fire. :-0
  • Options

2 assists and one goal in 4 is pretty good record isn't it?? If only our other wingers had these stats...
  • Options
    In fairness, he's probably pretty pumped up on enthusiasm and adrenaline when he plays right now, he's been at the club for years, he's finally making the team, he wants to show he's got what it takes. Besides, I think all players are aware we are not quite safe yet but it is in our own hands and no-one else.

If we were stuck in mid table mediocrity, no prospects of leaving the division in either direction, would the running and excitement and enthusiasm remain the same? I really hope so, and if any manager could keep it so, it's Powell. I hope he stays with us and develops into a truly great winger.
  • Options
    scruffle said:

2 assists and one goal in 4 is pretty good record isn't it?? If only our other wingers had these stats...
    It is. Remember the goal but when were the assists?
  • Options

scruffle said:

It is. Remember the goal but when were the assists?
    His pass for Jacko's goal at Peterborough was one, and a beautifully weighted pass it was too.

Not sure about the other one though
  • Options
    You only become a championship player by playing in the championship. I hope the manager and fans give him a chance to develop into that championship-class player as he looks every bit able to do so. For now, he will get a lot of things wrong but his positive play outweighs this for me.