Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Weird request - CAFC fan bribed to wear Palace shirt - your Help needed

OK this is odd and I need either £75 or some other ideas. This is a genuine request to save a Addick from wearing a Palace shirt while running the streets of south London. Anyone feeling rich after a win at Cheltenham or whatever and want to put £75 in the pot.

Read on

"I am a season ticket holder in the West Stand who next month will be running the London Marathon on behalf of The Cutty Sark Trust. The reason for this email is that I have been put in a slightly amusing / awkward position depending upon your viewpoint and I wondered if the Club, someone, or a combination of people at Charlton would be willing to help.

Basically a neighbour of mine who is an avid Crystal Palace fan has agreed to sponsor me for £125, but he has also said that he will pay me a further £75 if I agree to run the marathon in a Palace shirt! Obviously I would like to raise as much money for the Cutty Sark as I can, but I'm not sure I can bring myself to wear this particular item of clothing!

Bearing in mind the location of Cutty Sark to Charlton and my Palace shirt dilemma, I was wondering if anyone / a combination of individuals associated with the Club, would be prepared to help me out by covering the extra £75?

By way of evidence, I refer you to page 37 of the Valley Review for August 26th 2003 (Charlton v. Everton), where you will see that my neighbours request appears to be the latest instalment of an ongoing saga - his previous response to the programme item was to fill up our house with approximately 50 plus items of Palace paraphernalia whilst we were on holiday!

I appreciate that running the London Marathon is not a particularly unique event and that great demands are put on both the Club and individuals in terms of sponsorship, but I would be grateful for any assistance that can be provided - I'd hate to leave £75 on the table!

Kind Regards.

K....

(PS - for info my total sponsorship money promised to date for running the marathon on behalf of The Cutty Sark Trust is in the region of £1,500 - not including the £75!!).

Comments

• why don't they just wear something over the Palace shirt and at least then it won't be seen.
  • Tell him to tell his neighbour to stick it!!

You should also tell him to move and stop talking and having "relationships" of any sort with those stripy twats!!

Call himself a Charlton fan?
  • my suggestion was to have "no.2 in south London" or "We live in Charlton's shadow" or similar on the back of the shirt. COme on, £75 to your rich city types.
  • Alternatively, he could go the whole hog with a dodgy blonde wig, radioactive orange fake tan and TANGOMAN on the back of the shirt, and claim he was running in fancy dress as Simon Jordan.
  • edited March 2007
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]Alternatively, he could go the whole hog with a dodgy blonde wig, radioactive orange fake tan and TANGOMAN on the back of the shirt, and claim he was running in fancy dress as Simon Jordan.

Like it. Come on then £75 if he does as Ali suggests anyone.
  • edited March 2007
    It's a fair offer, he'll just have to stump up the £75 himself.
    Alternatively he can carry a flag saying 'Simon Jordan is an orange tosser'

just seen Ali's suggeston seems good to me, he gets the £75 from a Palace fan and has a public go at the twat
  • Or ETCYT??
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]Alternatively, he could go the whole hog with a dodgy blonde wig, radioactive orange fake tan and TANGOMAN on the back of the shirt, and claim he was running in fancy dress as Simon Jordan.

You're on. I'll sponsor him so presumably he gets my £75 plus the Palarse fans £75 as well - I'd want to make sure he puts his stripy wedge on it.
  • [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

You're on. I'll sponsor him so presumably he gets my £75 plus the Palarse fans £75 as well - I'd want to make sure he puts his stripy wedge on it.

CHeers David,

Can you e-mail me on ben@charltonfansdirector.co.uk
  • I've just sent the email.

Regards.
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks D.

You should have got a reply to yourself and Kevin.

Many thanks for making such a generous offer.

Ben
  • Got it. Thanks
  • very generous - well done Bing.

Now would you sponsor me to run round the city and do a wine tasting in each pub?

i'd say £5.00 a pub should cover it?

Look forward to hearing from you.
  • that is very good of you bing.

i'll join curb_it to make it a more worthy cause....!
  • Curb_it, which august and well appointed body would I be sponsoring (apart from yours of course)?
  • lol!
    A liver charity i reckon!!

Seriously tho, nice one.