Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks reported for abuse of bhafc (prior to last night's fixture)

Comments

• Options
    Without knowing how many gay supporters were in the crowd we can't give PL54 a number, but we can say that all of those gay supporters that were present could have taken offence. We could also say that anyone there who has a gay relative could have taken offence. Or anyone there who knows a gay person could have taken offence. Or that anyone who was there who dislikes discrimination could have taken offence.

As a group has complained, they clearly did feel offended and there is no reasonable defence, unless "banter" will be deemed ok by the law of the land. Of course, some might say that they shouldn't come to football if they don't like banter. Maybe they shouldn't come to work either, or to a public place at all.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Seriously though, how many homosexuals were abused by this chanting ?

How about how many CAFC fans are embarrassed by this section of neanderthal wankers we have that think this sort of behaviour is acceptable? Classless inbred tossers the lot of 'em.

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Millwall fans picking out a father & son?
    Sounds about right, spineless ****'s.
  • Options

Pink Lawyers group are on the case

no such thing as PC its all the Daily Mail making it up----latest Labour bollox

Well there's a surprise.
    Its Ok GH is hiding his feminine side.
  • Options
    edited April 2013

PL54 said:

How about how many CAFC fans are embarrassed by this section of neanderthal wankers we have that think this sort of behaviour is acceptable? Classless inbred tossers the lot of 'em.

Heres one embarrassed addick...
  • Options

PL54 said:

probably the same amount of Brighton fans who are embarrassed by this whole thing
  • Options
    Kiely#1 said:

Without knowing how many gay supporters were in the crowd we can't give PL54 a number, but we can say that all of those gay supporters that were present could have taken offence. We could also say that anyone there who has a gay relative could have taken offence. Or anyone there who knows a gay person could have taken offence. Or that anyone who was there who dislikes discrimination could have taken offence.

As a group has complained, they clearly did feel offended and there is no reasonable defence, unless "banter" will be deemed ok by the law of the land. Of course, some might say that they shouldn't come to football if they don't like banter. Maybe they shouldn't come to work either, or to a public place at all.

I presume in the long term that ALL offensive songs & remarks will be banned. Hence, no more smallwall, millsmall, no build a bonfire song, no abuse of us being pikies, scum etc because if some of us do take offence then surely you have a case to answer?

• Options
    Some of the chanting goes too far yes, but according to that dossier we sang "we can see you holding hands". How is that homophobic, as it's not saying gayness is wrong in any way, and it's not attacking gay people?

By including such mild banter, they're making themselves look precious, and deflecting attention from the more serious and nasty comments said at other games.

• Options
    We do know how to ruin a good hard fought point
  • Options

Kiely#1 said:

I presume in the long term that ALL offensive songs & remarks will be banned. Hence, no more smallwall, millsmall, no build a bonfire song, no abuse of us being pikies, scum etc because if some of us do take offence then surely you have a case to answer?

At this rate you won't be able to speak at Football matches
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    there will also be no calling Leeds 'dirty northern bastards' on saturday then
  • Options
    Must say if this homophobic chanting went on last night it wasn't very audible from where i was over towards the right hand side of our support. And it's not as if there was an electric atmosphere to drown it out.
  • Options
    Well after this I definitely don't think you'll hear any more abuse directed at Brighton fans...
  • Options
    So they describe our homophobic chanting as sporadic and not spreading possibly due to the actions of stewards, it couldn't possibly be due to the moral decency of the majority of our supporters.
  • Options
    oiiiiiiiiiiiiii im in touch with my femine side mate----been nicked for it in public as well.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    <blockquote class="Quote" rel="killerandflash">Some of the chanting goes too far yes, but according to that dossier we sang "we can see you holding hands". How is that homophobic, as it's not saying gayness is wrong in any way, and it's not attacking gay people?

By including such mild banter, they're making themselves look precious, and deflecting attention from the more serious and nasty comments said at other games.

</blockquote>

Totally agree with this, and 2 quotes from Large Addick on page 1. Interestingly, 2 pages in and noone has suggested that the people who are most likely to be offended by these chants are heterosexuals.
  • Options

We do know how to ruin a good hard fought point

This.

Although it is supposedly a reflection of what went on when we played them at The Valley. I don't remember there being such outrage at the time from our lot on here.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    The chants arent funny or clever, but the ones we have been accused of are hardly as bad as some people are making out.

Having read that NorthStandChat website, they seem like an honest bunch of supporters who know a bit about the game. Dont really see the point in giving them grief at a game full stop. Would rather spend it encouraging our own players.
  • Options
    CAFCdamo said:

So they describe our homophobic chanting as sporadic and not spreading possibly due to the actions of stewards, it couldn't possibly be due to the moral decency of the majority of our supporters.

That's exactly what I thought. Also, the 'not audible n/a' as if everyone must be doing it they just didn't hear it that time.

Makes them seem a bit everyone is against us, Scouser to me!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think there's a bit of a difference between our chant of 'We can see you holding hands' and others like the passing the son around chant.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    ok if your gay or with kids etc and someone is singing "you take it up the ar=e " etc etc i understand how that can be offensve
    but " we can see you holding hands"------offensive ??? really ?
    but dont gay people and hetro people hold hands then and in public ?
    Whilst some songs could very well be nasty----offensive i just dont see how that one is.
  • Options
    Unfortunately every Club consists of the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. This is a far,far larger problem than just chanting at football matches. The younger you are, the more you will mock what I have to say, but what we are discussing is a major lowering of the standards of behaviour from those which existed when I was born ( 1937 ). I was taught to give respect to others, raise my cap to, and open doors for ladies, and had never heard a swear word. The media have a lot to answer for, they seem to believe that with each new project, language, sex etc they must go further than the last time. By now many of you will be considering me to be just an old fart, but please believe me when I say that the England that I was born into, World War included, was a much nicer place. Good luck.
  • Options
    I think the "we can see you holding hands" chant is a ridicule of how some gay people may not feel comfortable with 'coming out' or being open about it, or at least that's maybe where the idea comes from rather than ridiculing them for holding hands. Just my take on it.
  • Options
    CAFCdamo said:

The supporters presumably got bored and moved onto a different chant. Or just sat in tumbleweed silence!
    eldavide said:

Some of the chanting goes too far yes, but according to that dossier we sang "we can see you holding hands". How is that homophobic, as it's not saying gayness is wrong in any way, and it's not attacking gay people?

Totally agree with this, and 2 quotes from Large Addick on page 1. Interestingly, 2 pages in and noone has suggested that the people who are most likely to be offended by these chants are heterosexuals.
    I wondered about that in the other thread. Me thinks there are straight Brighton fans who are a worried that people think they are gay, and are a bit homophobic themselves...

Looking at the Brighton board, a lot of their fans are a bit nonplussed about this row.
  • Options
    Granpa said:

Unfortunately every Club consists of the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. This is a far,far larger problem than just chanting at football matches. The younger you are, the more you will mock what I have to say, but what we are discussing is a major lowering of the standards of behaviour from those which existed when I was born ( 1937 ). I was taught to give respect to others, raise my cap to, and open doors for ladies, and had never heard a swear word. The media have a lot to answer for, they seem to believe that with each new project, language, sex etc they must go further than the last time. By now many of you will be considering me to be just an old fart, but please believe me when I say that the England that I was born into, World War included, was a much nicer place. Good luck.

Just throwing it out there that I don't agree with this.
  • Options
    Surely the Brighton supporters group deeming "we can see you holding hands" as homophobic are in themselves being sexist in their assumption that only men attend football matches ?
  • Options
    personally i think "see you holding hands" and "does your boyfriend know your here?" are humourous and i've partaken in those chants before. But I guess anything above that I wouldn't feel comfortable singing along to.
  • Options
    Granpa said:

Good points Grandpa, programs like Love Thy Neighbour and Curry & Chips would never have been made in the 60s or 70s would they!!!!!!
  • Options
    And what about when clubs sing youre a ground full of spastics and make up photos of someone with obvious learning difficulties driving the "valley express" train do we go to the police make a big deal out of it i dont think the problem will ever go and i know people say ban everyone that sings these sort of chants but that in effect is the majority of the north upper in my opinion, and yes i do sit there myself.