Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mike Newell sacked by Luton

I thought he was worth considering for our job in the summer. Just shows how things change in football.

Comments

• Options
    They've had a shocking run of form although to be fair to Newell he's had to sell Nicholls to Leeds, Howard to Derby, Davies to WBA, Vine to Birmingham and Edwards to Sunderland and hasn't seen of the money back (8 or 9m i think) for team strengthening. They were their 5 best players!
  • Options
    He does like a sexist remark though.
  • Options
    Perhaps if Mr Boanas decides to hang up his track suit, he'd be a prime candidate for the Charlton Womens team manager?
  • Options
    He could always run the line for them...
  • Options
    hes quite handsome.

thats my insightful contribution to that discussion.
  • Options
    until he opens his mouth and talks scouse at ya, alrite la. Sure he won't be out of work long.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]hes quite handsome.

thats my insightful contribution to that discussion.

Was that the most sarcastic post ever?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I thought he was worth considering for our job in the summer. Just shows how things change in football.[/quote]

There was an article on the BBC site this morning, Newell was complaining of having had to sell £9.2m worth of players over the last couple of seasons -Cutis Davies, Rowan Vine, Carlos Edwards, Steve Howard and Kevin Nicholls all went, with only a fraction of that re-invested in new players and his conclusion was that it was no wonder Luton were struggling. I thought that would get him in trouble and it might just have been the final straw.

I doubt he'll be out of work for long.
  • Options
    Speaking to a Luton Town supporter this AM, he said he thinks they are destined to ground share with the MK Dons once that stadium is built. Not a happy man, as has been said Newell has sold half a decent ish championship team it is bound to have a big effect on a club.