Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sim only deals

I'm sure there was a thread a while back that touched on this subject, but can't seem to find it:-

At the end of May, I'll be coming to the end of my phone contract. Happy with my current handset, so just looking to get it unlocked and get a sim only deal. Don't really mind if it's a monthly deal or even a 12 month.

Not really too much of a data user, all about talk time & texts for me. The best I can currently find is with Virgin: 1200 mins, unlimited texts & 1 gig data.

Anyone know of any better deals out there?

Edit: Forgot to mention, Vigin deal is £12pm

Comments

• Options
    This really depends on what you're willing to pay (which you haven't specified)

On three, which is a network which has really matured and is now excellent, they do a competitive £20 12 month deal which involves

2000 minutes
    5000 texts (same as Virgins 'unlimited' I believe)
    5000 three-to-three minutes
    2GB data
  • Options
    Well, currently paying £35 pm, so anything lower than that is a bonus really, but £20 is probably about as much as I'd be willing to go to...........
  • Options
    Talkmobile. So far so good for me.
  • Options

Talkmobile. So far so good for me.

What's the deal you're on?

• Options
    Can recommend giffgaff too
  • Options
    buckshee said:
    Did look at these (subsidary of 02) but to get anywhere near the minutes offered on the virgin deal is twice the price, admittingly better for data, but as I said, that's not a priority so much.
  • Options
    £5 pm. But I'm not a big user. Month rolling. Uses Vodafone network.
  • Options

buckshee said:
    Did look at these (subsidary of 02) but to get anywhere near the minutes offered on the virgin deal is twice the price, admittingly better for data, but as I said, that's not a priority so much.
    Can recommend virgin too, was with them on the deal youre referring to when I lived in the UK.
  • Options
    Find the best deal you can that you are willing to pay and when you call your current provider tell them you are leaving unless they match the offer. Worth a go.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Which network do Virgin use ?
  • Options
    £20 02 Unlimited texts and calls 1GB download
  • Options
    just took out SIM only deal with Orange. £7 a month, 150 minutes, 500 texts, 250mb data. Plenty for me.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I'm on Talkmobile. £7.50 a month for 175 minutes, 5000 texts and 1GB of data.
  • Options

just took out SIM only deal with Orange. £7 a month, 150 minutes, 500 texts, 250mb data. Plenty for me.

Not enough minutes for me. Looking for 500 minimum.